Family

My relationship with my mum

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:41:01
Is really quite poor...

I've been feeling really unhappy lately but I just don't know how to talk to my mum about anything.

I feel like I can't talk to her - Yet I was able to talk to my tutor at college about stuff.

I don't really know why this is, all my friends seem to have really good relationships with their mums, as in they can tell them anything but I've never felt able to tell my mum things.

I don't really know what to do, I feel like I should tell her how unhappy I am at the moment but I don't know how to tell her or anything.

I don't even know if I'm looking for advice or whatever I just wanted to get it out there
XCLR8 On October 20, 2009

Melbourne, Australia
#2New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:44:23
Just remember this. You have only one mum. And she cares for you even if you dont think so. Dont be scared of her she is just your mum.
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:48:00
@x_Laura_x Said

Is really quite poor...

I've been feeling really unhappy lately but I just don't know how to talk to my mum about anything.

I feel like I can't talk to her - Yet I was able to talk to my tutor at college about stuff.

I don't really know why this is, all my friends seem to have really good relationships with their mums, as in they can tell them anything but I've never felt able to tell my mum things.

I don't really know what to do, I feel like I should tell her how unhappy I am at the moment but I don't know how to tell her or anything.

I don't even know if I'm looking for advice or whatever I just wanted to get it out there

Chick I think its time you took her to one side and explained things.

Won't go into detail as we have talked about private stuff before but sweetie its worth a shot trying to get her to understand everything.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:49:23
@flange666 Said

Chick I think its time you took her to one side and explained things.

Won't go into detail as we have talked about private stuff before but sweetie its worth a shot trying to get her to understand everything.

It's nothing to do with anything we talked about though... It's something entirely different and possibly (apparently) kinda serious, I just haven't got the slightest idea how I bring it up with her or even how I tell her about it.
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:52:36
@x_Laura_x Said

It's nothing to do with anything we talked about though... It's something entirely different and possibly (apparently) kinda serious, I just haven't got the slightest idea how I bring it up with her or even how I tell her about it.

Am on msn if you wanna chat
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:53:36
Possibly just tell her how much you'd like to talk but don't know how to start. Can she teach you her best meals as this might help to 'break the ice'? Offer your help sharing some job that needs two pairs of hands, like folding sheets! Persevere, ask advice on other things.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 20:56:47
It's really hard to give advice on this as I have a great relationship with my mum, but things have happened differently in our relationship.

I always talk to my mum in the car (I always talk to everyone in the car it's my serious talking place).

Find somewhere you feel safe and comfortable and just let rip. It can be like pulling off a plaster.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 21:08:23
and what worked for me when the words wouldn't come, we'd write letters to each other. And sometimes, it is easier to say things on the telephone.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 21:24:36
laura, i can understand where you are coming from cos i dont have that good a relationship with my mum either. i wont tell her anything that bothers me anymore or things that happen. she goes waaayyy over the top at me and still thinks she can tell me what to do and how to live my life. i have lost count of the number of times this year alone we have argued and i have screamed at her that i am an adult and not a child anymore. i never confide in her cos she just doesnt listen.
if you have someone you feel comfy talking to then treasure that. cos that is the best thing ever. someone who listens.
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#10New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 02:31:23
@x_Laura_x Said

Is really quite poor...

were u able to talk to her about stuff before now like when u were a kid? cuz my neice is 8 and she wont talk to my sister about anything thats bothering her she tells everyone else but her and since she everyone else eventually it gets back to my sister and then my sister gets mad at her for not telling her about it first.
like acusing her of lieing to her about it and she gets into trouble for it and really my sister gets mad at her for everything they really get along very well.
her and my nephew get along better than she does with her daughter she gets along better with her father than my sister.
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#11New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 02:56:16
@x_Laura_x Said

Is really quite poor...

do you think it might help if you were'nt on TFS all the time then... ...

..between college ...dinosaurs....TFS,,{one is, of course assuming that the dinos enjoy higher status than TFS..??}....
...can you actually remember what your Mum LOOKS like ...
...she can probably chance a wander into the suspended-from-the-ceiling-Jurassic{cuddly}Park....
..but I bet you a ?5{mates rates y'know} that she is in search of the same squalling crumpled up bag of vulnerability that she knew so well from 17 years ago....btw Laura ...are you aware that according to your Avatar profile you have been 17 for the past 18 months...ahem...
ask not what your parents can make of you ...ask what you can make of you parents {derekdg circa "whilst composing this answer to Jurassic Girl}...
..In the event that all else fails...get loads of Qualllies ..earn a fortune and buy Mum off with a beach house somewhere suitably exotic...at the present rate of Global Warming coupled with your graduation and employment as a "high flyer" and all that ...anywhere south of Luton

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 05:37:06
@derekdg Said

do you think it might help if you were'nt on TFS all the time then... ...

..between college ...dinosaurs....TFS,,{one is, of course assuming that the dinos enjoy higher status than TFS..??}....
...can you actually remember what your Mum LOOKS like ...
...she can probably chance a wander into the suspended-from-the-ceiling-Jurassic{cuddly}Park....
..but I bet you a ?5{mates rates y'know} that she is in search of the same squalling crumpled up bag of vulnerability that she knew so well from 17 years ago....btw Laura ...are you aware that according to your Avatar profile you have been 17 for the past 18 months...ahem...
ask not what your parents can make of you ...ask what you can make of you parents {derekdg circa "whilst composing this answer to Jurassic Girl}...
..In the event that all else fails...get loads of Qualllies ..earn a fortune and buy Mum off with a beach house somewhere suitably exotic...at the present rate of Global Warming coupled with your graduation and employment as a "high flyer" and all that ...anywhere south of Luton

Seriously, what the hell?
Yeah, thanks for that. Of course I know what my mother looks like.

And for the record, my 18th birthday is next month.
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#13New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 05:59:02
Where exactly are you in geographical relation to Luton...
...I ask this purely in the interests of someone looking for higher ground than Glasgow in the coming years of our slow self imposed arrmageddon...{we are 57ft above sea level here..Glasgow that is ..btw how is the dino collection going..in the light of greater things..college..bfs..gfs...the ability to be served in off-licences without ID...realisation that the Room so fondly thought off as MINE is actually OWNED by some other bugger who has an annoying habit of laying siege {by door knocking}...let them in and say "hello" and as long as they can't find any college co-respondence, you should be laughing and reintroduced to MUM
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs