Forums:
Random

My friend's laughed!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 18:13:19
I have been searching for a course really since GCSE to do at university. I enjoy art so it went from art to design to animation...and now I've got my personal statement and ect ect and while I enjoy these things now I'm starting to doubt I'd be able to do them as a job - I'd begin to hate them properly because it's not something you can push yourself to do. I also don't like the idea of working freelance and struggling. I also think that this career has no impact on anyone else but myself and it's of no value to the world.

I am empathetic and in the back of my head I've always had this desire to help people. I've been denying it thinking I couldn't but now I'm thinking things are different. And now I'm seriously considering going into nursing. Possibly in mental health because I have found psychology so interesting in school. I want to make my mum proud of me too. I know she would be no matter what but I'd like to do something of value.

My friends and boyfriend don't think I could I think.

What's your opinion?

I'm thinking I apply for animation and see how I feel when school's finished because it's november now and if I take a year out I can get some money, do some volunteer work and see where I'm supposed to go.

What do you think of this? I know I wont get too harshly judged here I don't think.......
KZ_page On December 01, 2008

Deleted

lakeville,
#2New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 18:19:55
I think it sounds great.and if you put your mind to it.you can do it........You go girl...
IcyMist On February 17, 2010

Tampa, Florida
#3New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 18:21:10
Wow the old "what do I do with my life" bit. Isn't it horrible trying to decide what you really would like to do? If you are having second thoughts about art before you have even taken any classes maybe you should think of another career. You could take several of your best drawings to school and ask an art student or teacher what they think.

As for the nursing, I think it sounds good but you need to talk to someone who has been through nursing school and get them to open up and let you know what it is really like. I do know its a lot of hard work but if you don't mind blood etc. then go for it. But I would see if there is anyone you can chat with first.

Don't let your boyfriend or friends talk you out of what you have set your heart to do. You will regret it later. I hope you find the perfect thing for you. Good luck.
TrOoPeR On May 12, 2009

Deleted

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 18:47:40
Follow your heart! it will be hard but there is no reason why you cant break into the field of nursing! There are so many branches to pick from too! there will be something that will appeal to you in that field! Isay....go for it! and good luck
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 11, 2008 @ 19:10:26
@dumdedum Said

I have been searching for a course really since GCSE to do at university. I enjoy art so it went from art to design to animation...and now I've got my personal statement and ect ect and while I enjoy these things now I'm starting to doubt I'd be able to do them as a job - I'd begin to hate them properly because it's not something you can push yourself to do. I also don't like the idea of working freelance and struggling. I also think that this career has no impact on anyone else but myself and it's of no value to the world.

I am empathetic and in the back of my head I've always had this desire to help people. I've been denying it thinking I couldn't but now I'm thinking things are different. And now I'm seriously considering going into nursing. Possibly in mental health because I have found psychology so interesting in school. I want to make my mum proud of me too. I know she would be no matter what but I'd like to do something of value.

My friends and boyfriend don't think I could I think.

What's your opinion?

I'm thinking I apply for animation and see how I feel when school's finished because it's november now and if I take a year out I can get some money, do some volunteer work and see where I'm supposed to go.

What do you think of this? I know I wont get too harshly judged here I don't think.......

I'm applying to do nursing next year. I left college when I was 17 because i didn't get on with it. If you want to do it maybe get some volunteer work. Have you ever met anyone or had experience of mental health problems?

-, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 16:36:08
Thanks! Yeah I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll be sensible and apply and see how I feel later. It's a good possibility that the stress of school is getting to me. I think I'll go along as I'm doing now and later down the line when I'm older and wiser I'll know what to do. I think this decision now isn't necessarily forever.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 16:41:34
There is plenty of work in animation, particularly on building web pages, my brother did some animation work for Adobe.

-, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 16:47:26
@treebee Said

There is plenty of work in animation, particularly on building web pages, my brother did some animation work for Adobe.

Yeah I've been thinking and asking around and I really do or did love drawing. I think it's 6th form has just ruined all the things I enjoyed. So I'll think about how I remember myself and go from there. I have my whole life ahead of me and I'm sure I'll change and do lots of different things.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 16:49:35
This sounds real shallow but do a course that is most likely to get you employed and lots of cash.

If you want to go in the direction of Art then try designing courses rather than illustration and fine art.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 16:52:03
At your age I had no idea and studied something at uni which had nothing to do with what Im doing now - If I had followed my heart and done something I wanted at uni things would have been different I think...

I'd say be sensible and apply anyway but follow your gut and do what you want to do as nothing less will do in the long run, in order to do a degree at uni you have to have some interest in the topic to do well

Good Luck either way

-, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 12, 2008 @ 17:21:42
@salinaa Said

At your age I had no idea and studied something at uni which had nothing to do with what Im doing now - If I had followed my heart and done something I wanted at uni things would have been different I think...

I'd say be sensible and apply anyway but follow your gut and do what you want to do as nothing less will do in the long run, in order to do a degree at uni you have to have some interest in the topic to do well

Good Luck either way

Thankyou!
What are you doing now and what did you study may I ask?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs