The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Recreation:
Pets & Animals

My fat cat, how do you put a cat on a diet?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:35:33
My cat China is getting fatter by the day, and no she's not having kittens, how do I put her on a diet? ive already cut down the amount of food I give to her.
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:39:22
And here she is.

plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:42:34
I have a fat cat too. I have no idea. I have two cats. One skinny and one fat. It's not like I can cut food back without punishing the skinny one.
CCC On March 10, 2014

I am in, Ohio
#4New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:42:56
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#5New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:44:11
Does your cat have a constant source of food or do you get it certain amounts throughout the day? (0.6 and 1.0 ounce of food per meal for a seven-pound cat..two to four times a day)

Does it get human food? Cats have no carbohydrate-digesting enzyme called Amylase in their saliva.

Get a lazer pointer to get the cat chasing after the red dot. Most cats LOVE it.
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:45:41
@plebian_angel Said

I have a fat cat too. I have no idea. I have two cats. One skinny and one fat. It's not like I can cut food back without punishing the skinny one.

She's just turning into a blob on paws She's been a bit sneaky lately, if I feed her she waits until I'm out then pesters the munchkins so that they feed her thinking she is hungry and mum must have forgot
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:49:01
@Dark_Tink Said

Does your cat have a constant source of food or do you get it certain amounts throughout the day? (0.6 and 1.0 ounce of food per meal for a seven-pound cat..two to four times a day)

Does it get human food? Cats have no carbohydrate-digesting enzyme called Amylase in their saliva.

Get a lazer pointer to get the cat chasing after the red dot. Most cats LOVE it.

My fat cat chases invisible ghosts all over and it still doesn't help him. If the food goes empty he starts whining and howling. I have to keep that bowl full to save my sanity.
Sometimes it's not easy to not have them not have food. I would not get any sleep if I cut the food supply out.
Sebastian On July 14, 2010

Small Mountain toen in the hea
#8New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:53:32
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:54:09
Try exercising her, using the laser pointer or a string or even a cat dancer, anything that she will play with.

Its hard though, our TC was a little chunky for a while, so it was slow going on cutting his food down. He too would try the begging to get food out of other people thinking they "forgot" we finally just decided that, only one of us fed the cats, unless we were able to talk about it. But he would beg for a can or two a food day if he could. I think he developed "food issues", when he was abandoned before we got him.
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:54:42
@Sebastian Said

Yeah I can see her doing that.
Sebastian On July 14, 2010

Small Mountain toen in the hea
#11New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:57:34
My cat is quite large, and I tried buying that low-fat food, rationing his servings, etc...

But after 4 weeks he had actually gained a pound. The vet couldn't figure it out, and neither could I until a few days later. My kids were sitting in the living room watching cartoons and eating...and there was the cat, getting hand-fed enough junk food to change the famine problems in most of Africa! I gave up after that....
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 22:58:31
@DiscordTiger Said

Try exercising her, using the laser pointer or a string or even a cat dancer, anything that she will play with.

Its hard though, our TC was a little chunky for a while, so it was slow going on cutting his food down. He too would try the begging to get food out of other people thinking they "forgot" we finally just decided that, only one of us fed the cats, unless we were able to talk about it. But he would beg for a can or two a food day if he could. I think he developed "food issues", when he was abandoned before we got him.

We have now set up a system, she eats meat pouches and biscuits, so I put enough pouches out for one week, the munchkins then know if she has been fed that day, she's quite a lazy cat until another cat comes into the garden then she's off like a bullet to chase it off
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 23:00:53
@Sebastian Said

My cat is quite large, and I tried buying that low-fat food, rationing his servings, etc...

But after 4 weeks he had actually gained a pound. The vet couldn't figure it out, and neither could I until a few days later. My kids were sitting in the living room watching cartoons and eating...and there was the cat, getting hand-fed enough junk food to change the famine problems in most of Africa! I gave up after that....

You know you've just reminded me, I feed the fish in the pond twice a day and she insists on being given some of their food at the same time (spoilt madam), maybe I should cut that out of her diet?
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#14New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 23:00:58
@Sebastian Said

I've had cats since I was 2 and I never have given them table scraps. I think I was the only kid who never did that
And now they don't get any either.
I give them tuna now and again as a treat.
My g'pa used to give his cats turkey. He couldn't' cook turkey without a major fiasco after that
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#15New Post! May 28, 2010 @ 23:02:45
You cant. She'll eat your neighbour's rabbit.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs