My family won't talk to me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 18:32:26
You can pick your friends, but you are stuck with your family.

Find a friend or counselor to talk to.

If you don't like their response you can walk away and find someone else.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#17New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 18:37:28
@chaski Said

You can pick your friends, but you are stuck with your family.

Find a friend or counselor to talk to.

If you don't like their response you can walk away and find someone else.

No.
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#18New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:04:44
Take it from someone who did this for years....

Talk to a counselor. They really do help. I thought for the longest time that talking didn't help anything, however...just talking and hearing the different scenarios played out...(outside of my own head) and the view of someone else, that had no involvement daily in my life, it made it easy to understand his points of views and not just be clouded by my own points of views.

Make sense?
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#19New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:08:48
@Drgnfly83 Said

Take it from someone who did this for years....

Talk to a counselor. They really do help. I thought for the longest time that talking didn't help anything, however...just talking and hearing the different scenarios played out...(outside of my own head) and the view of someone else, that had no involvement daily in my life, it made it easy to understand his points of views and not just be clouded by my own points of views.

Make sense?

For this member, it would take an extreme amount of counseling for it to help. She/he makes posts after posts about ridiculous things to get attention.

They also post the same thing on many, many, many sites.

IMO, the poster doesn't actually go through these things, but just makes them up to get a reaction...and like fools we all respond to the threads.

, Virginia
#20New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:10:29
@Dark_Tink Said

For this member, it would take an extreme amount of counseling for it to help. She/he makes posts after posts about ridiculous things to get attention.

They also post the same thing on many, many, many sites.

IMO, the poster doesn't actually go through these things, but just makes them up to get a reaction...and like fools we all respond to the threads.

Ahhh good to know. Now I know not to post to these dramatized threads. I was really just trying to give some advice. Damn attention whores. LOL
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#21New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:14:30
@Drgnfly83 Said

Ahhh good to know. Now I know not to post to these dramatized threads. I was really just trying to give some advice. Damn attention whores. LOL

If they were actual problems, especially this thread, myself and many others(you included as per your previous post) would be glad to help out with suggestions.

, Virginia
#22New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:18:59
@Dark_Tink Said

If they were actual problems, especially this thread, myself and many others(you included as per your previous post) would be glad to help out with suggestions.

Oh yeah. I have noticed that about this site. Lots of people willing to give advice, myself included.

Its sad that people have to be attention whores in this way...where they really don't need the help nor want the help...just want attention.

That burns me. I take time to really think about responses to stuff like this and put my personal information out there and rl stories about what has happened in my life, and for what....for an attention whore....

Grrrrr.......
Not a dude.

Deleted

#23New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:34:18
@Drgnfly83 Said

Oh yeah. I have noticed that about this site. Lots of people willing to give advice, myself included.

Its sad that people have to be attention whores in this way...where they really don't need the help nor want the help...just want attention.

That burns me. I take time to really think about responses to stuff like this and put my personal information out there and rl stories about what has happened in my life, and for what....for an attention whore....

Grrrrr.......

Well...look at it this way, your advice could be seen by someone who actually does need it. You'll probably never know, but I like to think of it that way. Then it wouldn't be for naught.
Electric_Banana On about 6 hours ago

, New Zealand
#24New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:48:27
@why_me23 Said

No one in my family would talk to me. Why?
I have stuff I worry about that I need to get off my chest. Yet, they refuse to talk to me at all and want nothing to do with me. They even put me down and stuff. I had to beg to be acknowledged and even then, I get brushed aside. They said it gives them a headache to deal with me. Therefore, they talk to everyone else but me. I'm just worried about work related stuff although irrationally.

I used to be the same way "Why don't they love me?", "What have I done wrong this time?" then it finally dawned on me that if this existence is the same unfortunate situation that this guy was in:

..that dependency on the acceptance of others will be our downfall.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#25New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 19:58:37
@Drgnfly83 Said

Grrrrr.......

And this thread makes HOW many this poster has started regarding all sorts of crap!!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 20:09:42
@someone_else Said

No.

No?

, Virginia
#27New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 20:27:10
@BozieFozie Said

And this thread makes HOW many this poster has started regarding all sorts of crap!!!

Yeah, I didn't know. I'm learning, I'm learning!
Not a dude.

Deleted

#28New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 20:51:03
@chaski Said

No?

No, thank you? I'd rather not have anyone from the internet find me.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 21:19:46
@someone_else Said

No, thank you? I'd rather not have anyone from the internet find me.

I'm confused.

I just meant the poster of the topic should find someone to speak to... not their family.

I wouldn't want anyone on the internet either.

Sorry if I said something wrong.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#30New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 21:31:32
@chaski Said

I'm confused.

I just meant the poster of the topic should find someone to speak to... not their family.

I wouldn't want anyone on the internet either.

Sorry if I said something wrong.

Awww. I knew what you meant. However, at the end of your sentence, you said my screen name...find someone else. 'Twas a joke.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs