My Black Skin Makes My White Coat Vanish

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 09:05:57
I've heard some people mention on here in the past that they don't see abundant racism in America anymore. I have heard that racism doesn't affect people that much in America, because we're such a melting pot and such.

If this story doesn't change their minds, then I don't know what will, short of another series of lynchings.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12011019/site/newsweek/

The story is about a black, female doctor. She will come into the room and examine the patient (having said she was the doctor), check him or her thoroughly, and then say what was needed. Afterwards, the patient will ask, "When is the doctor going to see me?"

The woman has had a tough time because she is a female doctor; however, she says that she knows several other female doctors who do not get "the look," as she calls it, as often as she herself does. Of course, the other female doctors she knows are white.

She even tells the story of how one little black girl (six years old) refused to let the doctor treat her. The little girl wanted only a white doctor. The girl didn't know anything of racism at such a young age - she just knew that, according to those around her, doctors are "supposed" to be white.

The doctor says that whenever someone stares at her Id card, she feels like saying, "It's true. I'm a real doctor. Perhaps you've seen a black one on TV?"

This is a very discouraging article that shows that racism, though perhaps of a different sort, still runs rampant within our society. As long as blacks aren't expected to do the same jobs as whites, there will be racism. The same goes for all the other races: Latino, Asian, Jewish, etc.

Give the article a read and let me know what you think.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 09:09:26
that IS pretty racist...racism will never dissapear I think...which is sad...
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#3New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 09:12:38
What's even worse is that in America, it's like racism doesn't exist. We don't hear about the risks of it, we don't hear about the warning signs of it, and we don't hear about how to get rid of it. It's all just washed over, especially in our history books. They mention nothing of the racism that existed throughout slavery and afterwards, though that was one of the core reasons for the Civil War and was the cause of many of the problems within the country afterwards.

You can't beat an enemy you don't know about.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 09:50:52
Racism really gets on my fcuk nerves lately, i discovered that we all can have a problem with another culture etc, but for people that have a problem with like skin colour?? that pisses me right off.. but i think racism is on the increase, espacially with the wests opinion on the middle east.
"THE MELTING POT" theory is a slow process, but its only that the moment, a theory.. the day racism stops is the day theres no wars, and people except people as humans and equal...
ilikeblood On January 11, 2009

, Philippines
#5New Post! Mar 29, 2006 @ 10:15:56
Racism sucks.
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#6New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 12:44:52
People will always find some reason to discriminate against other people. When we wipe out racism, some other 'ism' will replace it.

I have no faith in the goodness of human nature.
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#7New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 12:51:39
I think that in addition to racism, you are also describing people catagorizing whites as doctors. That is funny, in Houston almost all the doctors are from India, or Shrelanka. It's sad for anyone to think that a black woman could not be a doctor. I still think that the combination itself is the worst there is: black and a woman. That's bad.

houston, Texas
#9New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 12:59:46
@cake Said
im getting kind of tired of racism and i really feel like doing some nat turner s*** and killing the next white person i see or thereafter.... this bulls*** has to stop. forgive my potty mouth but 300 years of "slavery" will do that to you. f*** you pricks and I don't know why you hate us so much. In schools where blacks are not underestimated and nurtured to their full potential, african american idividuals have been proven to outperform thier "normal intelligence" white counterparts and the math brilliant asians. How the f*** do you think we go on though all the pressure and racism. its because we are stronger, smarter. any other race would have cracked under the pressure. its not like we came to the United states of our own free will we were captured and even sent by our own people over here as prisoners of war. And now African Africans hate us and say we are spoiled when they are the ones who initially sent us over here to begin with!! f*** all of you racists bastards we will overcome. You envy our brown skin and superior intelligence and strength. those not ignorant enough to be racist please ignore this little rant as I am not talking to you. You are better than the rednecks, the nazis, the british (just kidding), or the dutch (for starting the slave trade). Damn you people and your jealously.

Wow lots of points!

You just made yourself look like an ass.

houston, Texas
#11New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 13:13:08
Hmmm, I'll be the bigger person here.
cake On January 17, 2021

Atlanta, Georgia
#12New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 13:14:55
@cinnamin Said
Hmmm, I'll be the bigger person here.

thanks i appreciate it
just ignore the ranting
lots of anger from racism here
and if you are not a racist
this crap is not aimed at you

i apologize
sashas8 On April 10, 2007

York, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 13:18:50
RACISM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cake On January 17, 2021

Atlanta, Georgia
#14New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 13:20:25
@sashas8 Said
RACISM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, very prophetic young one...
sashas8 On April 10, 2007

York, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 03, 2006 @ 13:22:31
young one? i like that .......i have heard many rasism things in my time...and i hate rasism!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs