Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Music Video Racism/Discrimination

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mixieloca On September 13, 2020

queens,
#1New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 03:18:38
Anybody sick and tired of seeing only mixed/light colored girls on these videos? I see the darker skinned, ebony shaking their azzes, but not pictured as the love interest in the video. Anybody sick and tired of the colorism in these videos, I know i am.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 03:20:25
So you want to see women of all colors be horribly objectified and subserviant?

queens,
#3New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 03:24:27
Hell no. I think music videos in general should clean up their acts. Women should be portrayed differently, more respectfully, than jus some concubines in the artists harem. But What i notice is the love interst is usually mixed/light skinned. thatz all

@jonnythan Said

So you want to see women of all colors be horribly objectified and subserviant?
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 03:26:06
I'm brown and as a female I don't want to see any of them being degraded in music videos. I don't believe this is an act of racism, because a lot of people find people with colour attractive and exotic. I really believe it has to do with dance skills, attractiveness and the personal liking of the artist.

queens,
#5New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 03:34:15
Good point of view.Thanx

@xnuvax Said

I'm brown and as a female I don't want to see any of them being degraded in music videos. I don't believe this is an act of racism, because a lot of people find people with colour attractive and exotic. I really believe it has to do with dance skills, attractiveness and the personal liking of the artist.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#6New Post! Apr 20, 2009 @ 03:20:57
Yes, it is very true what you are saying about women in these videos-no matter what their role, portrayed in
degrading, demoralizing, subserviant ways. When my son was a young teeneager he was going through the music video stage. He picked up on all the non-verbal nuances of the males in the videos. It was not so amusing to be working with him about something, and he'd give me one of those alpha-male poses, hands in pockets,thumbs stuck on the outside, then at times he'd add a sultry smokey look, as if I should be honoroed to be around or near him, as if I should be honored to even have a small part of his attention. Notice to young'uns all over the world--get
real. Don't try these ways with your parents, if you don't want to be shut down.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs