Mueller Report is In

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#31New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 20:13:23
@DiscordTiger Said
He sucks and I'd like him gone, but I'm cool letting elections do the job, no president has ever been removed from office because he was impeached.

If not impeached, can we kick him out for being en-Oranged?

chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 20:18:19
@psycoskunk Said

Why does the US complain about Russia allegedly interfering with American elections, when the US actually interferes with foreign elections?!

Because "we" know that interfering with the government & politics other countries is wrong.

"We" just don't think that the rules apply to "us".

Also, there is a difference between a country interfering with another country's government & politics vs. your own citizens working with another country to influence your own country's government & politics.

Note: While it now appears that Trump may be exonerated from that scenario, apparently some of his friends were not.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#33New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 21:56:33
I believe this attempted coup will be the new normal in US politics. If your candidate didn't win, marshall all available resources to investigate and attack on fabricated charges for as long as it takes.

The big surprise here is that Nancy isn't going through with the impeachment.

, Florida
#34New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 22:25:51

What?

What's this?

No indictments?

No obstruction?

, Florida
#35New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 22:30:36
Love this one:

, Florida
#36New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 22:44:55
Hey!! Did you guys hear Trump is going to jail?

What?

He's not? It was all a lie?

A big ugly lie?

Oh no!

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#37New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 23:04:21
So I read Barr's letter. So muller didn't make the indictment against Trump, but it sounds like it wasn't because there was no proof.

Both the letter and the report contain the line "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

We also know information was send to other investigating agencies, and at least one indictment from that is still planned to go infront of a grand jury. If not they would not need time to redact the report to not tamper with the jury. That doesn't mean that charge is necessarily about Russia or the president, just that something is still in the works.

, Florida
#38New Post! Mar 25, 2019 @ 23:44:24
@DiscordTiger Said

So I read Barr's letter. So muller didn't make the indictment against Trump, but it sounds like it wasn't because there was no proof.

Both the letter and the report contain the line "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

We also know information was send to other investigating agencies, and at least one indictment from that is still planned to go infront of a grand jury. If not they would not need time to redact the report to not tamper with the jury. That doesn't mean that charge is necessarily about Russia or the president, just that something is still in the works.

, Florida
#39New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 00:20:00
Hey everyone. Let’s all take a moment and reflect on that great day a few years ago when President Trump was elected in spite of the most brilliant minds telling us that he couldn’t and he wouldn’t and we dare not.

Thanks I love you all.

, Florida
#40New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 00:54:40
Hello everyone. Just want to say thanks for inviting me to this great party. Listen I know that I just posted some stuff earlier and I just was so excited I couldn’t help myself and I just found another song from YouTube that you all should love it’s simply amazing.

This song is simply entitled happy days are here again by Mitch Miller in the Mitch Miller Orchestra. Everyone give a warm welcome to Mitch Miller in the Mitch Miller Orchestra

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#41New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 00:58:09
There seems to be some misunderstandings in this thread, that I wanted to take the time to clear up.

First off, the investigation did not result in zero indictments. In fact 34 people were indicted by the special counsel for a range of crimes, including 7 convictions so far. Additionally, several investigations have been farmed out to outside prosecutorial agencies which will undoubtedly result in more charges in the coming months and years.

Secondly, the primary purpose of the special counsel investigation was to determine if Trump colluded with what has already been determined by previous investigative work to be Russian meddling in our 2016 election, and/or obstructed those investigations. The purpose was not to determine the scale, scope, and details of Russian meddling in general, with the exception of any instances that the special counsel came across while investigating, upon which they had the full authority to pursue charges. This is why we saw many Russian oligarchs charged as well as the likes of Manafort, Stone, Flynn, Gates, and Cohen. But any other possible crimes they came across, but did not pursue with further investigations have been handed over to outside agencies, namely crimes that did not have anything to do with Russian collusion and/or obstruction of justice by Trump.

Therefore, this does NOT mean that Trump did not do anything wrong in anything and is to be absolved from all future investigations from here on out on anything. This simply means that Mueller decided not to indict Trump specifically with Russian collusion in our 2016 election and decided not to indict Trump specifically for obstruction of justice in investigations of such.

And, even on those two things, we do not yet have the full report from Mueller, so we do not yet know why, whether it is because nothing was found on those two things, or because there was insufficient available evidence on those two things, or because Mueller is unsure a sitting President can be indicted. And, given the track record of the current administration, we cannot even rule out the twisting of truth here in Barr’s summary. This is why we need to see the full report.

Finally, the FACT of Russian meddling in our 2016 election still remains a fact that has yet to be thoroughly investigated and, more importantly, dealt with. This was not the job of Robert Mueller. This still remains the job of our elected leaders, a job that, so far, they have failed to even attempt to fully tackle.

With all that out of the way, I will state one opinion here.

While the GOP can try and gloat here, what the Democrats can do is take this wonderful opportunity to shift the media attention away from Trump for a change and on to the issues that are important, especially since Trump was never going to be indicted anyways, even if Mueller’s report is a bombshell for tabloids. And this was obvious even before Nancy Pelosi went on record saying impeachment would not be pursued. Those issues are climate change, our health care, our exploding debt, student loans, corporate bribery, foreign influence in our elections, voting rights in general, as well as a host of other issues that GOP-led Washington has failed to address.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#42New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 01:00:50
I will say one thing about the investigation. I think both the Democrats and Republicans focused way too heavily on the investigation itself, and as a result, kept ascribing unjustified meaning to a lot of it.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats, or rather the sypathetic networks, were priming narratives that revolved around a faulty premise. They assumed that one way or another it would decide the legitimacy of Trump. The Republicans called it a witch hunt and the Democrats were gunning for impeachment. Except the original scope of the investigation was really only peripherally related to Trump, at best.

I will say, though, that if Trump was:

A) Stupid enough to have definitive trails leading back to him, and

B) Idiotic enough to where even the Republicans couldn't protect him

Then he would have deserved getting caught red handed and thrown out, because holy hell is that an impressive level of incompetence. I routinely disparage Trump for his lack of intelligence or ability to understand things, but not even I would have expected him to be THAT dumb.

, Florida
#43New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 01:02:19
@Leon Said

There seems to be some misunderstandings in this thread, that I wanted to take the time to clear up.

First off, the investigation did not result in zero indictments. In fact 34 people were indicted by the special counsel for a range of crimes, including 7 convictions so far. Additionally, several investigations have been farmed out to outside prosecutorial agencies which will undoubtedly result in more charges in the coming months and years.

Secondly, the primary purpose of the special counsel investigation was to determine if Trump colluded with what has already been determined by previous investigative work to be Russian meddling in our 2016 election, and/or obstructed those investigations. The purpose was not to determine the scale, scope, and details of Russian meddling in general, with the exception of any instances that the special counsel came across while investigating, upon which they had the full authority to pursue charges. This is why we saw many Russian oligarchs charged as well as the likes of Manafort, Stone, Flynn, Gates, and Cohen. But any other possible crimes they came across, but did not pursue with further investigations have been handed over to outside agencies, namely crimes that did not have anything to do with Russian collusion and/or obstruction of justice by Trump.

Therefore, this does NOT mean that Trump did not do anything wrong in anything and is to be absolved from all future investigations from here on out on anything. This simply means that Mueller decided not to indict Trump with Russian collusion in our 2016 election and decided not to indict Trump for obstruction of justice in investigations of such. Even on those two things, we do not yet have the full report from Mueller, so we do not yet know why, whether it is because nothing was found on those two things, or because there was insufficient available evidence on those two things, or because Mueller is unsure a sitting President can be indicted.

Finally, the FACT of Russian meddling in our 2016 election still remains a fact that has yet to be thoroughly investigated and, more importantly, dealt with. This was not the job of Robert Mueller. This still remains the job of our elected leaders, a job that, so far, they have failed to even attempt to fully tackle.

With all that out of the way, I will state one opinion here.

While the GOP can try and gloat here, what the Democrats can do is take this wonderful opportunity to shift the media attention away from Trump for a change and on to the issues that are important, especially since Trump was never going to be indicted anyways, even if Mueller’s report is a bombshell for tabloids. And this was obvious even before Nancy Pelosi went on record saying impeachment would not be pursued. Those issues are climate change, our health care, corporate bribery, voting rights, as well as a host of other issues that GOP-led Washington has failed to address.

The last point you made near the end was my favorite. Good job buddy. Would you care for a drink?

, Florida
#44New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 01:07:49
It seems like only yesterday that Donald J Trump was elected president and immediately mainstream media apparatus started telling us Russia collusion Russia collusion. Boogie-woogie Russia collusion!!!

And they kept saying it for like 700 days straight but maybe now they’ll take a break and go outside and get some sunshine and maybe go work on their tans and pet a dog or something.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#45New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 01:07:58
@nooneinparticular Said

I will say one thing about the investigation. I think both the Democrats, and Republicans and especially Trump (who displayed such obsession, that if he were any of our children he should have convinced us that he had done something wrong) focused way too heavily on the investigation itself, and as a result, kept ascribing unjustified meaning to a lot of it.

There, fixed that for you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs