Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#241New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:46:46
@bob_the_fisherman Said

That is absolutely not what I am doing.

Any group of people irrespective of colour can and will improve their chances of success if they value certain things - like family, fatherhood and education. Race is irrelevant.

I point to Asian success because as a rule they do value those traditional things and reap the reward, and it makes the lie of white racism keeping people down appear as transparently false as it is. If evil whitey oppressed them 'coloreds' like the DNC claimed, they would not be getting their asses handed to them by Asians in their own countries would they? Unless you want to argue whitey is stupid as well as racist, but then that creates a problem of its own.

The left feeds people a diet of lies to divide.

Now, I am happy to talk about my problems with the right.

The mistreatment of workers is a thing I abhor. When it comes to capitalism, I support it, but I almost exclusively oppose CEOs and TNCs and think unions and government have a role to play in ensuring a balance exists between employer and employee.

So instead of actually talking about things that help people you edit and double down on the gross stereotypes s***.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#242New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:53:09
This is so fun. I’m missing out on all of the Easter festivities. Away from home. But if I have to be stuck in a hotel room I might as well watch the fireworks from here. Much thanks to Bob and Disco tiger.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#243New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:00:33
Double post.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#244New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:02:18
@DiscordTiger Said

Bull-f***ing-s***

You’re sucking the right’s d*** so hard you’re not getting breath and blaming the DNC for it

None of the s*** you are blaming on the Dnc is even what they are doing. It’s the rights interpretation of what they are doing.

First off, I am not setting out to offend. There is nothing personal in this. I'm not American, and I know I don't understand the weird race thing you guys have going on there. If I offend, I unreservedly apologise.

But:
Would it help or hurt the black community in the US if they were told that the best way of obtaining success is to value family, fathers, marriage and education?

Would that message help or hurt the DNC?

Does telling people that systemic racism and white privilege are real help or hurt the black community?

Does it help or hurt the DNC?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#245New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:06:12
@DiscordTiger Said

So instead of actually talking about things that help people you edit and double down on the gross stereotypes s***.

No, that is expressly what I am not doing. Not all Asian people value family. I am saying on average certain cultures hold certain values that have certain outcomes that can be predicted. Race is irrelevant for the most part.

Ignore race. Look at culture. Does valuing family, fathers, marriage and education increase, decrease or have no effect on the possibility of success for a child on average?

I am not saying single mother = failure. I could point to many disproofs of that.

I am not saying a father in the home = success. I can point to many disproofs of that. I am talking about on average.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#246New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:09:48
So what makes you think that the black community doesn’t value family or marriage? You keep taking about it like they are so different family and marriage are not a thing if you are “one of the blacks”

***edited for grammar/spelling I had to change locations and hit send before reading for content.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#247New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:11:40
I’m not offended by anything you say. I just disagree and keep thrying to pint out your not American and usually working off bad propagandized information.

I know lots of words too. I just like the word f***.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#248New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:12:50
I also like d*** and c*** but that is a different story.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#249New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:31:17
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I agree with every point you make here. Hence saying, Assange should be tried on only those things directly related to breaching security. If Assange was not involved in the hack, then he only published classified material, which in and of itself I do not think is a crime, unless it gives away active military intelligence (as far as I know - although I don't claim to be an expert in this area by any means).

My point was that if Trump speaks of protecting things like free speech etc., and means it, he should pardon Assange for any charge that is related to publishing classified information (outside of that stipulated).

I disagree with the idea that Trump is a pathological liar. He may be about as reliable as, say, CNN, MSNBC, the HuffPo, ABC, BBC etc (although I do give him more credibility than them, but that's not saying much).

I think T is a very careless speaker and he likes to say everything is the biggest and best etc. Some characterize that as lies and no doubt see it as some form of maliciousness on the part of Trump. However, I just see it as Trump. He buys into the power of positivity BS so I ignore that hyperbole (plus, let's be honest, Australians relate to it).

The indictment just talks about the security breaches.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#250New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 02:57:43
@DiscordTiger Said

So what makes you think that the black community doesn’t value family or marriage? You keep taking about it like they are so different family and marriage are not a think if you are “o e of the blacks”

Rate of single parent families

According to studies based on US census data around 72% of black children are born in a home with an unmarried mother.

I am not saying all black people do not value family, that would be absurd and wrong. Just as it would be absurd to say all Asians or whites do.

There are increasing rates of single parenthood in the white community as well and the effects are the same. On average women having children out of wedlock is indicative of a child struggling. 20 years(ish) of teaching across different communities, from elite private schools to good/bad government schools and, for most of my career, alternative education (where a lot of that time has been spent working with kids from single parent homes), allows me to conclude the link between family structure and chances of educational attainment are reasonable.

Of course they are not absolutes. A child raised by a loving supporting single mother is going to be better off than a child raised by both parents where the father is abusive or an alcoholic etc. This is about general rules.

Wouldn't it be a better message to give people that valuing marriage, family, fatherhood and education are greater predictors of success than race? And again I will say: These things are not absolutes, there are always exceptions to every rule of this kind.

[edit to add] This comes back to a discussion you and I had a couple months back where I said I think teaching people "learned helplessness" or victimhood is about the most despicable thing people can do.

If we believe we will fail, we will almost certainly fail. If we believe a system exists that opposes us we are less likely to succeed.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#251New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 03:02:04
@Leon Said

The indictment just talks about the security breaches.

Fair enough then. I thought he was being, or was potentially going to be charged with publishing classified material. Feel free to ignore everything I said then... I know I shouldn't rely on media reports but I don't have time to read everything.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#252New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 03:06:50
Anyway people, I have to run for a bit as the real world requires attention.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#253New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 03:07:02
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Fair enough then. I thought he was being, or was potentially going to be charged with publishing classified material. Feel free to ignore everything I said then... I know I shouldn't rely on media reports but I don't have time to read everything.

Manning did most of the breaching, with promises by Assange to publish, although she did provide tools for Assange to directly hack secure sites as well, which he did.

Again it’s all in the indictment, which I linked in my first reply on the subject. It’s only a few pages long.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#254New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 03:08:04
@Leon Said

Manning did most of the breaching, with promises by Assange to publish, although she did provide tools for Assange to directly hack secure sites as well, which he did.

Again it’s all in the indictment, which I linked in my first reply on the subject. It’s only a few pages long.

Thanks, I'll have to have a read.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#255New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 04:00:13
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Rate of single parent families

According to studies based on US census data around 72% of black children are born in a home with an unmarried mother.

I am not saying all black people do not value family, that would be absurd and wrong. Just as it would be absurd to say all Asians or whites do.

There are increasing rates of single parenthood in the white community as well and the effects are the same. On average women having children out of wedlock is indicative of a child struggling. 20 years(ish) of teaching across different communities, from elite private schools to good/bad government schools and, for most of my career, alternative education (where a lot of that time has been spent working with kids from single parent homes), allows me to conclude the link between family structure and chances of educational attainment are reasonable.

Of course they are not absolutes. A child raised by a loving supporting single mother is going to be better off than a child raised by both parents where the father is abusive or an alcoholic etc. This is about general rules.

Wouldn't it be a better message to give people that valuing marriage, family, fatherhood and education are greater predictors of success than race? And again I will say: These things are not absolutes, there are always exceptions to every rule of this kind.

[edit to add] This comes back to a discussion you and I had a couple months back where I said I think teaching people "learned helplessness" or victimhood is about the most despicable thing people can do.

If we believe we will fail, we will almost certainly fail. If we believe a system exists that opposes us we are less likely to succeed.

Again those statistics have nothing to do with what they *believe* about family and marriage.

Correlation does not equal causation.

And you’ve decided several factors involved are fictional trash. So it’s really doesn’t matter what I type out... in two posts or less you’ll be yelling Shrillery and the DNC are the cause of everything evil. It couldn’t possibly be an actual government policy (similar but not exactly one like failure for labor protection in the workplace) causing an actual problem. That would be rediculous to look at fixing something instead of blindly sucking the GOP/Trump d***. The DNC might not actually be the the boogeyman, and we certainly can’t have that. They are the ones in the wrong, afterall.

It’s ok.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs