Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#226New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 20:55:40
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Ever heard of Galileo?

It doesn't come down to numbers it comes down to whether she is factually correct or not.

Do open borders negatively impact black communities?

Does the crap about the racist police killing innocent black people hurt black communities?

Do lies about whites being racists hurt black communities?

Does teaching victimhood and welfare dependency hurt black communities?

Single motherhood rates appear astronomical - if a political class cared for the welfare of people it would seek to discover what caused that and redress it because single parenthood, generally speaking, is catastrophic for children.

Does the DNC gain by perpetuating these narratives?

With the exception of the first they have a negative impact here (our borders are closed by shark infested waters). Is the US different?

Political science, sociology, and psychology as much as they want to be like the hard sciences... like what Galileo worked on. Do not ever have only one right answer. Only the best choice of imperfect answers.

So no she is not factually correct about any of that. She had opinions. Mostly because every question you listed does not ever have only one factually correct answer.

Again, you may only think one is correct because you agree with it. Confirmation bias.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#227New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 21:27:17
@DiscordTiger Said

Political science, sociology, and psychology as much as they want to be like the hard sciences... like what Galileo worked on. Do not ever have only one right answer. Only the best choice of imperfect answers.

So no she is not factually correct about any of that. She had opinions. Mostly because every question you listed does not ever have only one factually correct answer.

Again, you may only think one is correct because you agree with it. Confirmation bias.

Ok, so let me rephrase (I thought that my non adherence to psych/social factual absolutes was a given, but that's ok, I should word things better).

To what degree is she correct?

Obviously it is difficult to say, and I don't expect an answer. But the reality is that she is not selling flat earth theories, is she? To divide people works in the interests of the DNC does it not? To call white people and the GOP racist is strictly working to further the DNC isn't it? [1] (see footnote). Likewise with selling victimhood, single parenthood and welfare. They are all catastrophic for the victim but seem useful to the DNC.

Claiming absurdly far left ideologies like Nazism and fascism are on the right - one of the greatest cons of modern history - enables the furtherance of that lie, does it not?

The left do the same here for the same reason with the same results. In science when you see a link between cause and effect you are confirming an hypothesis. If we found the left pushing racism in white European nations like Canada (where they absolutely seem to), would that help strengthen the validity of the hypothesis?

I'm pretty sure the 'racist white' idea is big in the UK as well.

Footnotes:
[1] There's obviously racist and bigoted whites and Republicans, but as you and I have discussed before, they are not the norm. Just like there are racist and bigoted Democrats, blacks and every other demographic you want to mention. There's good and bad in every demographic.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#228New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 21:54:10
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Ok, so let me rephrase (I thought that my non adherence to psych/social factual absolutes was a given, but that's ok, I should word things better).

To what degree is she correct?

Obviously it is difficult to say, and I don't expect an answer. But the reality is that she is not selling flat earth theories, is she? To divide people works in the interests of the DNC does it not? To call white people and the GOP racist is strictly working to further the DNC isn't it? [1] (see footnote). Likewise with selling victimhood, single parenthood and welfare. They are all catastrophic for the victim but seem useful to the DNC.

Claiming absurdly far left ideologies like Nazism and fascism are on the right - one of the greatest cons of modern history - enables the furtherance of that lie, does it not?

The left do the same here for the same reason with the same results. In science when you see a link between cause and effect you are confirming an hypothesis. If we found the left pushing racism in white European nations like Canada (where they absolutely seem to), would that help strengthen the validity of the hypothesis?

I'm pretty sure the 'racist white' idea is big in the UK as well.

Footnotes:
[1] There's obviously racist and bigoted whites and Republicans, but as you and I have discussed before, they are not the norm. Just like there are racist and bigoted Democrats, blacks and every other demographic you want to mention. There's good and bad in every demographic.

She’s about as right as Al Sharpton.

Correlation is not causation. Scientific theory and hypothesis does not work the same in sociology, political science, and psychology.

Today the story from the gop is nurses don’t deserve breaks because most of their shifts are spent sitting around playing cards.

The DNC position is that nurses deserve an uninterrupted meal break during a 12 hour shift.

Many are so busy playing the “not all whites” game that they ignore the actual harm being done.

There are several other issues that have nothing to do with race where GOP policy will harm and kill many. Pointing that out does not make people “victims”. It’s normal to stand up for self and protect human dignity. It’s f***ed up that speaking your truth has become a radical act.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#229New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 22:09:56
@DiscordTiger Said

She’s about as right as Al Sharpton.

Correlation is not causation. Scientific theory and hypothesis does not work the same in sociology, political science, and psychology.

Today the story from the gop is nurses don’t deserve breaks because most of their shifts are spent sitting around playing cards.

The DNC position is that nurses deserve an uninterrupted meal break during a 12 hour shift.

Many are so busy playing the “not all whites” game that they ignore the actual harm being done.

There are several other issues that have nothing to do with race where GOP policy will harm and kill many. Pointing that out does not make people “victims”. It’s normal to stand up for self and protect human dignity. It’s f***ed up that speaking your truth has become a radical act.

I'm not speaking in support of the GOP because I don't support them.

However, the media and DNC pushing the lie that Trump is an evil racist is to what end? Who gains and who loses from that? I'd say people across the entire west, irrespective of race, religion, creed or colour lose from that blatant and absurdly transparent lie.

The reality is that the left push racism because it is in their interests to do so. And the negative effect on communities they lie to seems fairly significant.

Let's consider a hypothetical.

Just say that one day the left decided honesty is good, and they started to speak not of racist white supremacy keeping black people down, but instead they started to highlight that Asians kick a** in the west because they believe in family and education. That is true (not as an absolute, but the evidence linking these things is about as strong as evidence can get). Not being white does not seem to impede them at all.

Would knowing that fact help or hurt black communities?

If they were told that getting married before having children and valuing education and fatherhood were great remedies to poverty would that help the black community?

Again, it is hard to give absolutes, but the answers to both questions appears to be a massive yes.

But would saying these things help or the hurt the DNC/political left?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#230New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 22:30:49
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I'm not speaking in support of the GOP because I don't support them.

However, the media and DNC pushing the lie that Trump is an evil racist is to what end? Who gains and who loses from that? I'd say people across the entire west, irrespective of race, religion, creed or colour lose from that blatant and absurdly transparent lie.

The reality is that the left push racism because it is in their interests to do so. And the negative effect on communities they lie to seems fairly significant.

Just say that one day the left decided honesty is good, and they started to speak not of racist white supremacy keeping black people down, but instead they started to highlight that Asians kick a** in the west because they believe in family and education. That is true (not as an absolute, but the evidence linking these things is about as strong as evidence can get). Not being white does not seem to impede them at all.

Would knowing that fact help or hurt black communities?

If they were told that getting married before having children and valuing education and fatherhood were great remedies to poverty would that help the black community?

Again, it is hard to give absolutes, but the answers to both questions appears to be a massive yes.

But would saying these things help or the hurt the DNC/political left?

And I’m saying the dnc isn’t pushing racism. That’s the gop narrative to discredit the dnc

All the crap you're asking is still biased crap, just from the other side.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#231New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 22:35:30
Besides your constant upholding of the “Asians” as the “good minority” is still f***ing gross.

We are all people.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#232New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 22:56:39
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Just say that one day Bob The Fisherman admitted that Republicans, including Donald Trump, tell just as many lies as Democrats do.

The Queen of Random

Administrator

#233New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 23:11:08
@chaski Said

Yes. Exactly.

I’m certainly not saying the dnc is perfect. Everybody lies.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#234New Post! Apr 20, 2019 @ 23:56:13
@bob_the_fisherman Said

No, I get that. But the hysteria is a joke. If Hillary won would this investigation have been launched to look into the information she bought that was used to spy on an opposition campaign? Of course not. This was not about Russia.

Now, having said that, I am a bit concerned about Assange. We will learn soon enough whether Trump is what he claims, or is just another shill - his mate Farage has turned out to be a globalist as hole despite fighting for Brexit. Hopefully Trump really is more like what he claims to be, but time will tell.

If Assange is prosecuted for anything other than releasing any information that directly harmed legitimate military efforts, Trump will lose me. If there was no direct threat to troops Trump needs to pardon him.

Assange? Lol, a bit off topic here aren’t we?

Very well, I’ll respond.

First off, Trump is a pathological liar and master deceiver (which I spelled out a few posts earlier, so I won’t do it here), so I would take anything he says or promise he makes with a grain of salt.

As far as Assange goes, I will admit I know little of Assange or what he has done, so I had to look it up and look up what he was indicted for before responding.

According to the indictment , he was charged for aiding Chelsea Manning with an unauthorized massive release of classified U.S. intelligence related to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, and the activities in Guantánamo Bay.

My opinion? It purported to expose wrongdoings and abuses in all these theaters, which is noble from a moral, global standpoint. However, from the looks of it, little care was taken in regards to the danger the release put on thousands of individuals in giving away strategic military plans and advantages as well as IDing undercover operations.

This is the main reason classified information is classified. Although, again, granted it isn’t the only reason, but it seems to me that care should have been taken to redact anything that would have put additional lives in danger, and if such a task is inherently impossible in what was leaked, then it probably shouldn’t have been leaked.

Either way, it is wholly understandable why such actions are policed.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#235New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 00:55:08
@Leon Said

HILLARY!

OBAMA!

ISLAM!

Thank god for the savior of Western Civilization; Donald Jesus Christ Trump.

You know, he is very Biblical.

Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#236New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:10:32
@chaski Said

I never defend the GOP. I do not like the GOP. I dislike the fact that they put profit before people. I disagree with Trump's big tax cut that assists the wealthy. I dislike global corporatism replacing capitalism.

I say this repeatedly.

However, that does not change the fact that the media and left and the DNC (and yes, I know I said the same thing three times there), lie about racism because it is their sole business model.

The basket of deplorables, the "whitelash" that was the cause of Trump's win, media claiming Trump said the Friday night marchers were "fine people," in Charlottesville when he clearly didn't, the Covington farce and the Smollet hilarity, the Nazi rhetoric of a privileged race, the lie about "white supremacy" being the greatest terror threat, the lie about Nazism and fascism being on the right when they are clearly and demonstrably very far to the left with China, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and most of the rest of the left when given power etc.

Hate the GOP as much as you want and attack them as bad and I'll agree with a lot of it. Argue against the right on things like corporatism and globalism and I'll agree with that too. But let's not lie about the left any more, ok? They sell race hate and division because they have nothing else to offer.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#237New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:27:14
@Leon Said

Very well, I’ll respond.

First off, Trump is a pathological liar and master deceiver (which I spelled out a few posts earlier, so I won’t do it here), so I would take anything he says or promise he makes with a grain of salt.

As far as Assange goes, I will admit I know little of Assange or what he has done, so I had to look it up and look up what he was indicted for before responding.

According to the indictment , he was charged for aiding Chelsea Manning with an unauthorized massive release of classified U.S. intelligence related to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, and the activities in Guantánamo Bay.

My opinion? It purported to expose wrongdoings and abuses in all these theaters, which is noble from a moral, global standpoint. However, from the looks of it, little care was taken in regards to the danger the release put on thousands of individuals in giving away strategic military plans and advantages as well as IDing undercover operations.

This is the main reason classified information is classified. Although, again, granted it isn’t the only reason, but it seems to me that care should have been taken to redact anything that would have put additional lives in danger, and if such a task is inherently impossible in what was leaked, then it probably shouldn’t have been leaked.

Either way, it is wholly understandable why such actions are policed.

I agree with every point you make here. Hence saying, Assange should be tried on only those things directly related to breaching security. If Assange was not involved in the hack, then he only published classified material, which in and of itself I do not think is a crime, unless it gives away active military intelligence (as far as I know - although I don't claim to be an expert in this area by any means).

My point was that if Trump speaks of protecting things like free speech etc., and means it, he should pardon Assange for any charge that is related to publishing classified information (outside of that stipulated).

I disagree with the idea that Trump is a pathological liar. He may be about as reliable as, say, CNN, MSNBC, the HuffPo, ABC, BBC etc (although I do give him more credibility than them, but that's not saying much).

I think T is a very careless speaker and he likes to say everything is the biggest and best etc. Some characterize that as lies and no doubt see it as some form of maliciousness on the part of Trump. However, I just see it as Trump. He buys into the power of positivity BS so I ignore that hyperbole (plus, let's be honest, Australians relate to it).
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#238New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:31:15
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Hate the GOP as much as you want...

This statement alone demonstrates that you have probably never paid any attention to anything I have ever written here on TFS.

As to the rest of what you wrote.... you are one of the biggest defenders of the "Conservatives" and the "GOP" in general, and Trump specifically, here on TFS... or out in the world at large that I seen.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#239New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:34:04
@DiscordTiger Said

Besides your constant upholding of the “Asians” as the “good minority” is still f***ing gross.

We are all people.

That is absolutely not what I am doing.

Any group of people irrespective of colour can and will improve their chances of success if they value certain things - like family, fatherhood and education. Race is irrelevant.

I point to Asian success because as a rule they do value those traditional things and reap the reward, and it makes the lie of white racism keeping people down appear as transparently false as it is. If evil whitey oppressed them 'coloreds' like the DNC claimed, they would not be getting their asses handed to them by Asians in their own countries would they? Unless you want to argue whitey is stupid as well as racist, but then that creates a problem of its own.

The left feeds people a diet of lies to divide.

Now, I am happy to talk about my problems with the right.

The mistreatment of workers is a thing I abhor. When it comes to capitalism, I support it, but I almost exclusively oppose CEOs and TNCs and think unions and government have a role to play in ensuring a balance exists between employer and employee.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#240New Post! Apr 21, 2019 @ 01:39:13
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I never defend the GOP. I do not like the GOP. I dislike the fact that they put profit before people. I disagree with Trump's big tax cut that assists the wealthy. I dislike global corporatism replacing capitalism.

I say this repeatedly.

However, that does not change the fact that the media and left and the DNC (and yes, I know I said the same thing three times there), lie about racism because it is their sole business model.

The basket of deplorables, the "whitelash" that was the cause of Trump's win, media claiming Trump said the Friday night marchers were "fine people," in Charlottesville when he clearly didn't, the Covington farce and the Smollet hilarity, the Nazi rhetoric of a privileged race, the lie about "white supremacy" being the greatest terror threat, the lie about Nazism and fascism being on the right when they are clearly and demonstrably very far to the left with China, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and most of the rest of the left when given power etc.

Hate the GOP as much as you want and attack them as bad and I'll agree with a lot of it. Argue against the right on things like corporatism and globalism and I'll agree with that too. But let's not lie about the left any more, ok? They sell race hate and division because they have nothing else to offer.

Bull-f***ing-s***

You’re sucking the right’s d*** so hard you’re not getting breath and blaming the DNC for it

None of the s*** you are blaming on the Dnc is even what they are doing. It’s the rights interpretation of what they are doing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs