News & Current Events

Mueller Report is In

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 ...18 19 20 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#196New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:24:20
So from the looks of it, one thing that is clear is the level of Russian interference in our election, regardless of how much Trump himself was involved.

On Trump collusion and obstruction, I’m fine with the conclusions put forth by Mueller: no real evidence of collusion, and evidence of obstruction but indefinite as to whether or not it is indictable.

And from what I can see, the redactions appear sensible. If I were the Democratic leadership, I’d focus my efforts on the ongoing investigations that are still open on Trump as far as subpoenas are concerned.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, it’s high time to address the real issue of preventing future Russian interference.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#197New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:28:12
Holy s*** yeah.... i recognized some of the twitter handles and fb accounts that people from the right were sharting things as truth.
When it wasnt, thier dislike of the "other side" led them right into f***ing over the country for the russians.

San Diego, California
#198New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:32:47
@DiscordTiger Said

Holy s*** yeah.... i recognized some of the twitter handles and fb accounts that people from the right were sharting things as truth.
When it wasnt, thier dislike of the "other side" led them right into f***ing over the country for the russians.

I wasn’t involved with FB and Twitter then, and still am not, but I do hear that they have taken measures to prevent it from happening again. So good for them. Obviously it won’t be enough though - our government needs to step in as well.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#199New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:38:37
Id just be happy if people took a critical look at what they see on the internet with the same scrutiny the do on April 1, everyday.

Yes the gov needs to protect and prevent... but we can do our part with being so f***ing gullible.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#200New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:01:03
@DiscordTiger Said

Id just be happy if people took a critical look at what they see on the internet with the same scrutiny the do on April 1, everyday.

Yes the gov needs to protect and prevent... but we can do our part with being so f***ing gullible.

I'm pretty sure there was plenty of fake news opposing Trump. In fact, it is almost 100% of what the media has vomited from its rectal orifice for the last 3 years or so. It seems to me that if the media told the truth today, the DNC would be gone tomorrow. If for no other reason than that several million extremely angry black people would be intent on exacting vengeance.

I haven't read the report (will get time in the next day or two), but the Russians would have to have done something pretty major to make this an issue. Foreign countries get involved in the affairs of other nations all the time - do you remember Obama getting busted for tapping Merkel's phone?

Other nations interfering in elections is as surprising as water falling when it rains.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#201New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:21:32
@bob_the_fisherman Said

...do you remember Obama...

Well now I have to confess to being surprised!

I fully expected you to try to change the topic to Hillary, but you tricked me by trying to change it to Obama.

The Queen of Random

Administrator

#202New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:42:05
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I'm pretty sure there was plenty of fake news opposing Trump. In fact, it is almost 100% of what the media has vomited from its rectal orifice for the last 3 years or so. It seems to me that if the media told the truth today, the DNC would be gone tomorrow. If for no other reason than that several million extremely angry black people would be intent on exacting vengeance.

I haven't read the report (will get time in the next day or two), but the Russians would have to have done something pretty major to make this an issue. Foreign countries get involved in the affairs of other nations all the time - do you remember Obama getting busted for tapping Merkel's phone?

Other nations interfering in elections is as surprising as water falling when it rains.

what do you mean by "If for no other reason than that several million extremely angry black people would be intent on exacting vengeance. "?

San Diego, California
#203New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:49:26
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Doesn’t mean we should let them do it.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#204New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:52:28
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Also people rob banks when they think they can get away with it. That's not a reason no to investigate and indict them. Russians were indicted during the Mueller investigation.

Just because its not surprising, doesn't make it any less illegal.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#205New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:56:46
Also, does anyone know who's indictments are still pending...

Stone and Assange .. but Manafort's has been completed right?

Cohen's is still pending, right? he has't received final sentencing, right? And flynn still pending?
So many HOM redactions.
Darkman666 On about 9 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#206New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 22:09:31
interesting in 2016, the day after the election.

fact: 25 to 39 perfect of African-americans didn't vote in the election.

when Obama endorsed Hillary, they will vote for her. then what happened Hillary afterward, they didn't vote at all.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#207New Post! Apr 19, 2019 @ 00:23:17
@Leon Said

On Trump collusion and obstruction, I’m fine with the conclusions put forth by Mueller: no real evidence of collusion, and evidence of obstruction but indefinite as to whether or not it is indictable.

It was just probably his and his teams bumbling, inexperienced ways that gave the hint of a coordinated attempt. ... but they aren't that slick. It takes professional politicians to pull that kind of stuff off.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#208New Post! Apr 19, 2019 @ 03:26:03
@mrmhead Said

It was just probably his and his teams bumbling, inexperienced ways that gave the hint of a coordinated attempt. ... but they aren't that slick. It takes professional politicians to pull that kind of stuff off.

Granted I haven’t read that far myself. But some interpretations of the report was trump jr might have also been indicted- if he wasn’t so stupid and bad at it. The actual crime requires implicit knowledge of wrongdoing. “Collusion” is a non legal term, which mueller’s report did address in the first few pages . It was amusing.

I’m only at about pg 84 myself.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#209New Post! Apr 19, 2019 @ 17:32:23
There's an opinion piece on CNN
that concludes:

...then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama's White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures.

???

YouTube, Google, Facebook, etc are all failing to weed out misinformation. How was one person supposed to stop something they didn't even know the breadth and depth of?
Wasn't that the whole point of the Mueller investigation - To look into Russian Interference? It wasn't to "target" Trump Collusion.

And now to start up another conspiracy theory that the collusion story was invented as a smoke screen???

I thought maybe this was written by Alex Jones, but it wasn't:

Scott Jennings, a CNN contributor, is a former special assistant to President George W. Bush and former campaign adviser to Sen. Mitch McConnell. He is a partner at RunSwitch Public Relations in Louisville, Kentucky.

.. 'nuff said.

San Diego, California
#210New Post! Apr 19, 2019 @ 17:54:16
@mrmhead Said

There's an opinion piece on CNN
that concludes:

...then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama's White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures.

???

YouTube, Google, Facebook, etc are all failing to weed out misinformation. How was one person supposed to stop something they didn't even know the breadth and depth of?
Wasn't that the whole point of the Mueller investigation - To look into Russian Interference? It wasn't to "target" Trump Collusion.

And now to start up another conspiracy theory that the collusion story was invented as a smoke screen???

I thought maybe this was written by Alex Jones, but it wasn't:

Scott Jennings, a CNN contributor, is a former special assistant to President George W. Bush and former campaign adviser to Sen. Mitch McConnell. He is a partner at RunSwitch Public Relations in Louisville, Kentucky.

.. 'nuff said.

Old hat. Indeed, it’s obviously revived by a right winger.

And, yes, Obama failed us in that regard, but so did Mitch McConnell. He was in the same meeting and also didn’t want to pursue the evidence of Russian meddling either.

They each had their separate reasons. Obama didn’t want to appear to be assisting Hillary and Mitch didn’t want to assist Hillary.

By the way, Obama did actually install consequences. But they were not carried out by the Trump administration.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs