Forums:
Random

Movie Theater Etiquette

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
trencher On March 01, 2008

Hades, California
#1New Post! Mar 25, 2006 @ 18:07:07
Yesterday, as I sat in my chair watching 'Inside Man'... something hit me. I realized why movies such as, 'Into The Blue' and 'V for Vendetta' effected me so deeply: I was seated all by lonesome in a huge theater. It's ruly amazing how a person is able to focus when he's engulfed in nothing but silence and darkness.

Well, Friday was a completely different story. 'Inside Man' is filled to the brim with salty language, sexual innuendoes, and a crude misogynistic term that will curl your hair. But that beforehand knowledge didn't stop the parents of a boisterous 4-year-old from dragging him along.

And that wasn't all: derelicts talking out loud, derelicts coughing up their intestines, and loads of other assorted bullcrap that comes with being in a crowded theater.

Although I've been assured by management that there's steps being taken to create a better atmosphere; until then I've got to deal with my weekly movie experience being treated like it's a day at Disney World!

Imagine that! A repeat customer such as myself... sitting amongst... derelicts, rowdy kids, screaming girls and misfits who have the morals of a donkey. I paid $8 dollars for that ticket and I would like to here those f-words in full, booming stereo, instead of having them drowned out by some crying kids who should at home watching, 'The Lady and the Tramp'.

This is not your living room, so enough with the: "Look out", "Shoot him", and "He's behind you".

"Please refrain from talking!" Does anybody know what this phrase means? Apparently, nobody seated in that theater knew either.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs