Manners & Etiquette

Motorists and Bikeriders

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#1New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 18:59:07
For years, i've been bike riding every evening for exercise, and hundreds of times, motorists and their passengers feel the childish need lean out their windows and yell obscenities at me and other bike riders, a couple times they've actually swerved right at us trying run us off the road, honking their horns, has any one else have this problem where you live?
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#2New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:02:48
@Thranduil Said

For years, i've been bike riding every evening for exercise, and hundreds of times, motorists and their passengers feel the childish need lean out their windows and yell obscenities at me and other bike riders, a couple times they've actually swerved right at us trying run us off the road, honking their horns, has any one else have this problem where you live?

Where do you live? I don't ride bikes, I do however, ride or used to ride motorcycles, and in all honesty have had cars swerve at me...but that is because the world is full of prickish a*****es, so...it is honestly almost to be expected. Its scary and its idiotic on their part, but...nothing to be surprised about.

QUINCY, Kentucky
#3New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:06:52
@Drgnfly83 Said

Where do you live? I don't ride bikes, I do however, ride or used to ride motorcycles, and in all honesty have had cars swerve at me...but that is because the world is full of prickish a*****es, so...it is honestly almost to be expected. Its scary and its idiotic on their part, but...nothing to be surprised about.

i live in quincy, illinois.
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#4New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:08:54
@Thranduil Said

i live in quincy, illinois.

Those people are idiots. Sorry you have to deal with stupid s*** like that. Maybe you can go to a park, where there is a track or something and ride around the track if you are worried at all that you might get hit.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:09:04
I ride a motorcycle and have never had a carve swerve at me, ever.

I do see a lot of people on bicycles and motorcycles riding like jerks, though. I can see how some motorists would yell at a two-wheeler.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#6New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:14:05
I am not understanding, sorry. You drive a pedal bike and for no reason at all people in cars are trying to hit you and run you off the road and yell at you?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:16:00
Do you ride in the bike lane? bike path?

It absolutely gets my goat when cyclists ride on the road when there is a bike path, specifically for bicycles right next to the road. It's a scenic parkway and often times the cars can't pass the cyclist so a whole string of cars are now going 10 mph.

QUINCY, Kentucky
#8New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:16:01
@jonnythan Said

I ride a motorcycle and have never had a carve swerve at me, ever.

I do see a lot of people on bicycles and motorcycles riding like jerks, though. I can see how some motorists would yell at a two-wheeler.

i don't even cause any trouble while riding, i try to mind my own business, i guess some motorists simply don't like sharing the road with other people.

QUINCY, Kentucky
#9New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:24:16
@floydgirrl Said

Do you ride in the bike lane? bike path?

It absolutely gets my goat when cyclists ride on the road when there is a bike path, specifically for bicycles right next to the road. It's a scenic parkway and often times the cars can't pass the cyclist so a whole string of cars are now going 10 mph.

the only bike trails are along the bottom roads near the river, every so often i ride them and still have the same problems.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:24:41
@Thranduil Said

i don't even cause any trouble while riding, i try to mind my own business, i guess some motorists simply don't like sharing the road with other people.

Well, they don't. It might be legal to ride in the car lanes, but it often disrupts traffic by forcing cars to either slow to a crawl behind you, or cross into oncoming traffic to pass you.

If you regularly have cars yelling at you or swerving around/at you, chances are you're doing something wrong, even if it's legal. At the very least you're doing something dangerous.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 19:25:09
@Thranduil Said

the only bike trails are along the bottom roads near the river, every so often i ride them and still have the same problems.

You have cars swerving towards you and people yelling at you from car windows while you're on bike trails?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! Oct 17, 2012 @ 20:01:37
I've yelled and honked at bicyclists before.

When they:
ride in the car lane, when there is a perfectly nice clear bike lane less than two feet to their right.

Fail to obey basic traffic laws like run a red light/stop sign in front of me.

riding on the wrong side of the road, (facing oncoming traffic) yeah, while that sounds "safer"*, one should not make a right had turn from the left side or the street, and a hand gesture as you pulling in front of a car does not count as signaling.

*I don't think it safer, but people have that idea somehow. Walking on side walk I understand going opposing traffic, on a bike in the street, I don't.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#13New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 01:36:00
@DiscordTiger Said

I've yelled and honked at bicyclists before.

Unbelievable! What about runners? Do you honk at them too?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#14New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 01:38:56
@Glenn Said

Unbelievable! What about runners? Do you honk at them too?

If they running down the middle of the road in front of my car yes, it is a safety hazard,

People need to obey the rules of the road, or are you suggesting people can drive on the left if they woke up feeling british that morning?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Oct 18, 2012 @ 01:41:04
bring a cancorder.
record what they do, and the plate number.
have em arrested.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs