News & Current Events

Mother warrior!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#2New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 18:43:57
I'm confused. She served a week in prison because of the kidnapping charges but she still has the "kids?" Furthermore, these "kids" are 16 years old. Why couldn't they choose who they live with?

I'm also confused because it sounds like it's resolved but the Sioux Tribe is just now getting involved to back her.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 18:47:42
@someone_else_again Said

I'm confused. She served a week in prison because of the kidnapping charges but she still has the "kids?" Furthermore, these "kids" are 16 years old. Why couldn't they choose who they live with?

I'm also confused because it sounds like it's resolved but the Sioux Tribe is just now getting involved to back her.

You'll have to read it. The jest of it is.

When she went to Iowa to pick up her two sons from the father & his girlfriend she found them beaten & abused.
When she got back to Nebraska she took them in for medical treatment where she was instructed by the doctors that she would be charged with endangerment if she returned them.
The father filed charges in Iowa that they were kidnapped.

Rather than return them she accepted the jail time in Nebraska. This is where the case now stands.

The boys are both special needs. One with Cerebral Palsy & the other is blind.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#4New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 19:18:02
@shinobinoz Said

You'll have to read it.

I did read it and was still confused.

@shinobinoz Said

When she went to Iowa to pick up her two sons from the father & his girlfriend she found them beaten & abused.
When she got back to Nebraska she took them in for medical treatment where she was instructed by the doctors that she would be charged with endangerment if she returned them.
The father filed charges in Iowa that they were kidnapped.

Rather than return them she accepted the jail time in Nebraska. This is where the case now stands.

The boys are both special needs. One with Cerebral Palsy & the other is blind.

Almost there...

So who has custody of the boys? That, I think, is where I'm confused.

It might also be helpful for you to be aware that there might be something wrong with my brain today. I've read the title of this thread probably 10 times and just now realized it didn't say Mother Mother!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 23:31:13
@someone_else_again Said

I did read it and was still confused.

Almost there...

So who has custody of the boys? That, I think, is where I'm confused.

It might also be helpful for you to be aware that there might be something wrong with my brain today. I've read the title of this thread probably 10 times and just now realized it didn't say Mother Mother!

The mother has them. Were it appears they belong. Sadly Iowa was more for going after the mother who was protecting them than the father who abused them.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#6New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 23:36:41
@shinobinoz Said

The mother has them. Were it appears they belong.

That is good. I thought that was what the article was indicating but it was hard to tell...especially since the jail time was served. That still makes no sense. It's almost as if they're saying the penalty for kidnapping is a week in jail but you get to keep the kid (maybe only if it's biologically yours? )

@shinobinoz Said

Sadly Iowa was more for going after the mother who was protecting them than the father who abused them.

Yeah.

I don't see how they could turn their head to the abuse. Even if they couldn't prove it was abuse, it was at least neglect.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#7New Post! Jul 09, 2014 @ 23:39:53
Being a former foster parent I have found if they can get the kids out of the home that is the most important thing. They may have warned the father if you try to get these kids back we will charge you.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Jul 10, 2014 @ 04:10:33
@restoreone Said

Being a former foster parent I have found if they can get the kids out of the home that is the most important thing. They may have warned the father if you try to get these kids back we will charge you.

Not much info on the father.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs