Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Mother and Children

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
noicerules On September 09, 2008

Osseo, Minnesota
#1New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 15:40:36
I work (and also live in the same apartment building) with a girl (she is 41) who just had a baby in February. The father of the baby just turne 19 last month. She lost her older three girls (They are now 16, 14 and 12 and live with their father.) She lost her three children due to the fact that she is a heavy drinker. About two weeks ago, she went on a drinking spreed. She lives above me and you could hear her and her boyfriend making a racket upstairs. This drinking spreed started on a Thursday and ended on a Sunday. She called in Sick to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I also could here the baby crying. More so if you would go out in the hall. On that Sunday, I had come home from work and noticed the police car was out front of the building. I later found out at work that the baby was put into foster care. Sometimes I feel women think babies are novelties or something. Isn't your child important enough? I realize alcoholism is a disease, but why have a child? So much goes threw my mind. It's the child who suffers. How could someone be so selfish? Should women be fixed who can not care for a child?
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 15:45:48
some women have a child for the sake of having one. some of us do truley and dearly love our kids and would rather die than see anything happen to them. but i agree. why drink yourself stupid and loose your fourth child? i personally have no sympathy with alcoholics. no one forced them to drink. no one put the glass in their hands and made them drink up. they are scum and certainly dont deserve to have a child around them. good on the foster parents i say for looking after the baby. it might stand a good chance in life now.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 15:54:50
I think in most cases, making a woman infertile would be going a bit too far. What this woman obviously needs is help, but the problem is, that she needs to be one to want help, otherwise it won't work. I have no idea why she decided to go ahead with this child. Maybe it was an accident and she doesn't believe in abortion, maybe she thought that she would be able to change for the baby's sake. . . That baby is very lucky that someone contacted the police.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 15:55:16
Along with alcoholism comes the lack of responsibility in the first place, most likely how the child was conceived..
And yeah, I agree, it is selfish.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 16:09:43
its selfish but it's her body and her choice, doing a sterilisation because she is a heavy drinker is a bit OTT is it not?
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 17:20:00
my oldest sister who i dont know where she is ,all her kids were taken away the 1st one she had adopted,the 2nd so neglected he had lots of skin irritations it went to court and all her parentual rights were taken away from her, she got pregnant again as soon as he was born all her rights were taken away,and whilst he was in the baby care room the day after his birth he went into cold turkey so she had been taking heavy drugs when she was pregnant.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#7New Post! Jun 30, 2007 @ 20:36:13
I don't get it either, you'd think having a baby would make you want to change and turn your life around, but I guess when you're too far in it's a lot harder.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs