The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

More and more people are getting stressed...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 21:27:37
Just on the BBc news a story on more people are getting depressed. There turning to drugs to sort them out and there is no pycological help.

Why are they more people getting stressed?? longer working hours, more debt, raising bills... A strange turn for the worse in family life as they put it..

We spend less time with our loved ones and family and more time in work trying to pay the morgage and the rest of the debt.

We are being failed by the system IMO, we need our culture to change.. less working hours and less bills...
The problem with the whole system is everyone is getting greedy and money orientated.. health seems to come last..

No wonder some people refuse to work.. who wants stress??
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 21:29:05
Amen!!!
christa On January 14, 2009

, Canada
#3New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 21:44:09
wise words
i choose to be a stay at home mom for those reasons i want to raise my kids and be there for them!We do have a heack of allot less money but i dont mind!I will go to school and work when my kids are in school!And i am not saying people who both parewnts work are bad i just think kids need a parent around for them i can understand a single parent they have no choise!!
lonestar On June 16, 2021

, Australia
#4New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 21:51:32
You have the right Idea I feel. SOme people try to live way beyond their means and take out large mortages etc. They bring the stress apon themselves......not everyone can or wants to live up to the Jone's.......in fact you're better off not trying to.
Other stresses and depressing situations are people who gossip, or say untruths about people, judge them........I really dislike people who behave "Mightier than thou" these people can be very dangerous and cause a lot of stress and depression for other people.
christa On January 14, 2009

, Canada
#5New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 21:58:19
yea we have to wait to buy a house till i am working again and it aint going to be anything too expencive
oh_natz On April 19, 2007

Deleted

#6New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 22:20:01
Hey now, They really need to go out and have fun,
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 22:49:57
Some people work better under a certain amount of stress. I know that if my job was easy and things didn't get to me I would have left a long time ago.
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#8New Post! Sep 28, 2006 @ 22:50:13
@markfox01 Said
Just on the BBc news a story on more people are getting depressed. There turning to drugs to sort them out and there is no pycological help.

Why are they more people getting stressed?? longer working hours, more debt, raising bills... A strange turn for the worse in family life as they put it..

We spend less time with our loved ones and family and more time in work trying to pay the morgage and the rest of the debt.

We are being failed by the system IMO, we need our culture to change.. less working hours and less bills...
The problem with the whole system is everyone is getting greedy and money orientated.. health seems to come last..

No wonder some people refuse to work.. who wants stress??

couldn't agree with you more dude

it's the nature of this competitive world in which we live

we're made to feel somehow deficient - in some way less complete as a human if we don't "have" all the stuff (plasma screen, BMW etc) so folks are knocking the,selves out and f***ing their personal lives chasing these things

"keep you eyes on the prize" - yeah, but maybe the real prizes are fulfilling relationships, peace and self-awareness??

nice to have bucks, but at what cost?
whisperingwinds On September 29, 2006

Deleted

#9New Post! Sep 29, 2006 @ 00:14:54
Now that they have brought attention to the fact that stress is becoming a major problem they ought to work on finding a solution to it being so.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs