Rants & Raves

Modeling Sucks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#1New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 17:43:02
Yes, it is an art in it's own right but were not being neartly artisic enough. Why are all the top fashion models stick figures? Who decided that was sexy?

The reason I am pissed at this is because you have no idea how f***ed up it's making things. First of all, there are alot of beautiful women out there who are cheated out the chance at their dreamed about modeling career because they are slightly valupsuous. Now I myself would be considered a stick figure but I think valupsuous ladies are the sexiest of women.

Secondly, it's depressing all those women who know they will never be that, and shouldn't want to be that but are too warped into believing their beauty is dictated by a bunch of fags with nothing better to do than to make up crazy, mindless trends and lable it as fashion.

And finally, the whole thing is way too observed. It's making our beautiful women stupid. Think about it now, why is it so rare to find a lady with both brains AND looks? It's because our little girls want to be fashion models so they spend all their time thinking about makeup and playing dress up and playing with dolls instead of reading books or playing sports or taking up hobbies like arts and crafts or music. In that since, not only is modeling completley and utterly useless, it's dangerous to the minds of our beautiful ladies!

Ok, I'm alright now. I just had to get that off my chest.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#2New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 18:22:04
The modeling world is definitely a very distorted world. I wouldn't be a model for all the money in the world, who wants to be poked and prodded all the time, and being told to lose 5 pounds when you're already the size of a twig? No thanks, I'll stick to playing the flute.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#3New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 18:24:35
I wanted to say something cynical, but i'll hold my tongue
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 18:29:57
Yeah, modelling does suck. Fair play to the ones getting paid millions to stand in front of a camera, but they all look so unhealthy.

Woman seem to follow the trends of who they see in Heat or OK or whatever, and we're all under so much pressure to be thin now... In some places I've bought clothing a size 12 (english) is now considered large. Considering that the average woman in the UK is now a size 16, that does nothing for the self esteem of people who are a size 12 (I know this one first hand, lol) and brings on crash diets and anorexia and stuff...
colonelbleep On December 15, 2015

, North Carolina
#5New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 18:43:21
Remember Twiggy from the 60's? Don't know why they have to be so thin.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 18:46:28
I like making airplane models

Orlando, Florida
#7New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 21:55:52
Quote:
I wanted to say something cynical, but i'll hold my tongue

I welcome all cynisism, it's fun. So go ahead, I asked for it.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 21:58:46
I think part of the reason why the industry started getting skinny models was to create an industry standard and to save on materials or something lol.

I don't think dwelling on it is doing you any favours.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#9New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:01:23

Okay, well in your explanation you were saying that attractive girls who were overly Valuptuous weren't considered...then you finished off your rant with

"Ok, I'm alright now. I just had to get that off my chest ."

Didn't know if i was the only one to find humor in your choice of words
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:03:51
@aceuvclubs Said

Okay, well in your explanation you were saying that attractive girls who were overly Valuptuous weren't considered...then you finished off your rant with

Probably.

Orlando, Florida
#11New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:05:15
Quote:
I think part of the reason why the industry started getting skinny models was to create an industry standard and to save on materials or something lol.

I don't think dwelling on it is doing you any favours.

Now that makes sense. and I'm not dwelling, it's not that serious

Orlando, Florida
#12New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:07:31
Quote:

That is actually kinda funny, but I don't have that kind of chest, infact I'm like a negative A
holly16 On July 03, 2014

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:11:17
I personally think people should get over it. You never hear anyone sticking up for the skinny girl who gets bullied for having no bum or boobs. Models have always been tall and skinny and I don't know anyone who's been traumatised through that. It's just everyone getting too politically correct. I'm not being anti-curvy women or whatever I'm just saying I think people should stop having this attitude that everything offends them.

Orlando, Florida
#14New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:24:20
Quote:
I'm not being anti-curvy women or whatever I'm just saying I think people should stop having this attitude that everything offends them.

I don't know if you read the whole three points I was trying to make but if I am offended (which I'm not because I have a model body) those are pretty good damn reasons why.
live_a_lie On May 08, 2011

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 06, 2008 @ 22:30:28
I agree kind of with holly, I think some people feel far too strongly against thin models.
I don't think models should be only thin, but I don't see what's wrong in having a few thin models.
Curvy models are good, but so a slim ones.
I don't think many people are going to like this.., but it's kind of obvious that clothes do lookgood on people who are smaller, by smaller I don't mean like tiny just in general smaller rather than obsese.
If I was a clothes company I would pick the slightly smaller girls to model my clothers, by this I don't mean stupidly thin.
But now anyone even kind of thin can't model, if you BMI is under 18.5, [underweight] you aren't allowed to model in england anymore that's the law.
I personnally think that it's stupid. My BMI is under 18.5 but there is no way I'd call myself slim let alone annorexic, is it fair that I'm not allowed to model because my BMI is underweight but then people over weight can?
A BMI in my opinion isn't that small, I would consider myself of an ordinary weight, I don't starve myself or anything so if I wanted to why can't I model.
If you can't model with a BMI of under 18.5 I don't think you should be allowed to model with a BMI of over 24 [what is apprently over weight] not that I think any with a BMI of over 24 is overweight myself, that's just what the government health people, who ever makes up these rules considers over weight.
But you can, there are loads of plus size modelling agencies for people with BMI's of over 24. Everyone is so big on large is beautiful I think people are forgetting so is thin.
I also believe that by saying why can only thin people model is the same as saying why can only pretty people model, to me it's the same thing.

Everyone is probably going to disagree with me, so I'm sorry. I'm a very opinionated person.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs