Minnesota Republicans say: Poor people with money should be outlaws

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#1New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:06:39
https://www.fightbacknews.org/2011/3/15/minnesota-republicans-say-poor-people-money-should-be-outlaws

I'm scratching my head at this. I know there is abuse in the system, but wow So does that mean poor people can't buy clothes and other necessities?
johnywadd On June 06, 2011

Deleted

brisbane, Australia
#2New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:12:36
f***in crazy polititions. are they going to get the cops to frisk welfare recipients and if the find more than $20, then it's off to the slammer?
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:15:21
It's not like welfare recipients get alot of money per month anyways. I don't know where all this spare cash would come from except if they have relatives helping them out.
I know some people do work off the books, but I wouldnt' think the majority of people do?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:17:44
Who votes these idiots into power?
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#5New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:54:32
If you google house file 171 you will find the only "reporting" of this supposed bill is on left wing sites...

not even in the Minnesota house filing..

https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/intros.asp?dateofintro=2/28/2011&session_year=2011&ls_year=87&session=0

so it seems like it's more like left wing hate mongering..
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:56:44
@TheMuse Said

If you google house file 171 you will find the only "reporting" of this supposed bill is on left wing sites...

https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/intros.asp?dateofintro=2/28/2011&session_year=2011&ls_year=87&session=0

The right seems to hate the poor and the women right now. And if you're a poor woman I guess that means you're worthless. Just going by all the attacks on womens reproductive rights and this now.

Edited to fix: left to right as I'm having problems with left and right again
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 14:00:54
Reading the bill, it just seems impractical that the recipients can't get cash out. What about school field trips or fees? Or just sending out a kid to get milk or formula or anything like that?
Just seems impractical to me.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#8New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 14:06:05
@plebian_angel Said

The left seems to hate the poor and the women right now. And if you're a poor woman I guess that means you're worthless. Just going by all the attacks on womens reproductive rights and this now.

no but the left is desperate to paint any one on the right as fear mongering ...this is just another example..

but on the other side of this...why not put their welfare payment on a debt card just like many many other states?

aid to families is just that, for the benefit of the children...or are you saying that the cigarettes and beer their buy on welfare payments are for the kids??
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#9New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 14:10:46
@TheMuse Said

no but the left is desperate to paint any one on the right as fear mongering ...this is just another example..

but on the other side of this...why not put their welfare payment on a debt card just like many many other states?

aid to families is just that, for the benefit of the children...or are you saying that the cigarettes and beer their buy on welfare payments are for the kids??

I meant the right, fixed my original post. Right, left confuses me

I honestly don't care what people buy when they are on benefits. I was on food stamps for one month and believe me, I bought some good food.

The gov't sets how much they get, the people on benefits are adults. If they are neglecting their kids, that is another issue altogether. This is just ridiculous IMO.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#10New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 19:48:52
@plebian_angel Said

Reading the bill, it just seems impractical that the recipients can't get cash out. What about school field trips or fees? Or just sending out a kid to get milk or formula or anything like that?
Just seems impractical to me.

The schools would most likely have swipe machines for fees,supplies and trips.
milk or formula? Food stamps (if they are on welfare,chances are they are on food stamps), and formula? WIC
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#11New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 20:29:15
@TheMuse Said

I had slightly better luck than you. I found a House bill 171, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with welfare recipients or how much money they can have on them. In fact, it doesn't seem to have anything at all except an incredibly vague title and description. Like you said, it's nothing more than fear mongering. Though, I suppose that was obvious, considering the accusation turns Republicans into Dastardly Whiplash.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/revisor/pages/search_status/status_results.php?body=House&search=basic&session=0862009&location=House&bill=171&bill_type=bill&rev_number=&submit_bill=GO&keyword_type=all&keyword=&keyword_field_text=1&titleword=

@plebian_angel Said

The right seems to hate the poor and the women right now. And if you're a poor woman I guess that means you're worthless. Just going by all the attacks on womens reproductive rights and this now.

Edited to fix: left to right as I'm having problems with left and right again

Considering your "proof" for that seems to consist of a "bill" that doesn't actually exist, and inaccurate assumptions about the motives behind pro-lifers, I see no reason for you or any 1 to conclude the right hates the poor or women.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#12New Post! Mar 17, 2011 @ 20:30:33
Um the right has been going after planned parenthood and abortion. How is that not going after women?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/house-republicans-block-funding-planned

McKinney, Texas
#13New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 02:31:42
@plebian_angel Said

Um the right has been going after planned parenthood and abortion. How is that not going after women?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/house-republicans-block-funding-planned

Because being pro-life has nothing to do with hating women. That's always been a lie by the other side so they don't have to work at coming up with a reasonable debate. It's a simple fact. Pro-lifers have a problem with abortion, not women.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 02:47:52
Here is the bill!
https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/bs/87/hf0171.html
Paragraph (c) allows EBT cardholders to opt to have up to $20 per month accessible via ATM.

Subd. 4. EBT use restricted to Minnesota vendors. Prohibits EBT debit cardholders from using the EBT debit card at vendors located outside of Minnesota. Specifies that this subdivision does not apply to the EBT food portion.

Resident. Amends § 256D.02, subd. 12a. Modifies the definition of "resident" under the GA program to increase the residency requirement from 30 days to 90 days.

Kick 'em while they're down! Kick 'em while they're down!

McKinney, Texas
#15New Post! Mar 18, 2011 @ 03:07:02
@shinobinoz Said

Here is the bill!
https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/bs/87/hf0171.html
Paragraph (c) allows EBT cardholders to opt to have up to $20 per month accessible via ATM.

Subd. 4. EBT use restricted to Minnesota vendors. Prohibits EBT debit cardholders from using the EBT debit card at vendors located outside of Minnesota. Specifies that this subdivision does not apply to the EBT food portion.

Resident. Amends § 256D.02, subd. 12a. Modifies the definition of "resident" under the GA program to increase the residency requirement from 30 days to 90 days.

Kick 'em while they're down! Kick 'em while they're down!

I don't know how you found that when Muse and I couldn't, but then again I'm not the greatest internet searcher in the world. So, the bill would only allow you to withdraw $20 from the card. That's quite different form "they can only have $20 on them at all times!" You can only use the card in Minnesota. Frankly, I thought EBT cards were restricted that way anyways, but I'm guessing it's just to make sure the program isn't being abused. You have to live there 90 days. Well, since it's a state program, it only makes sense they want to make sure you live in the state. Yes, Republicans are so evil you guys. They hate the poor and women and drown cute little puppies just for the fun of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs