Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#16New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:50:26
@someone_else Said

I think I'm the other poster you're talking about here - so I did a little math.

2000 jobs at $3.26/hr = $6,520/hr
200 jobs at $7.25/hr = $1,450/hr
Assuming they work 40 hours a week and there are an average of 4.2 weeks in a month, that's 1,095,360 in Somoa vs. $243,600 in Georgia. Difference being $851,760.
That's a pretty big factor.

Yeah, what someone_else said.
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:55:04
people shouldnt moan about the minimum wage if they studied hard and concentrated in school and got a proper career then they wouldnt have to worry would they, i dont care about people saying others get a better start everyone in the modern world gets the same start.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#18New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:58:13
@carlstss Said

people shouldnt moan about the minimum wage if they studied hard and concentrated in school and got a proper career then they wouldnt have to worry would they, i dont care about people saying others get a better start everyone in the modern world gets the same start.

Has anyone here "moaned about the minimum wage?"

Derby, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:02:16
@NikiNiki Said

Has anyone here "moaned about the minimum wage?"

Not saying people here have, im refering to my own country. people strike and protest about the level of minimum wage pay, well have they ever thought of doing more work or getting some proper skills and then they come out with bulls*** that there isnt enough chances well thats rubbish there is always a chance to improve.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#20New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:15:44
I'm more concerned with a living wage for the average American middle class worker than minimum wage.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#21New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:19:47
@carlstss Said

Not saying people here have, im refering to my own country. people strike and protest about the level of minimum wage pay, well have they ever thought of doing more work or getting some proper skills and then they come out with bulls*** that there isnt enough chances well thats rubbish there is always a chance to improve.

Some people do advocate higher minimum wages. I suppose that could be considered moaning. The late Senator Kennedy moaned often about minimum wage. Union leaders, I bet without exception, moan about minimum wage.

Derby, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:21:08
@NikiNiki Said

Some people do advocate higher minimum wages. I suppose that could be considered moaning. The late Senator Kennedy moaned often about minimum wage. Union leaders, I bet without exception, moan about minimum wage.

well if it keeps getting raised people have no incentive to achieve or aim higher do they.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#23New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:29:57
@carlstss Said

well if it keeps getting raised people have no incentive to achieve or aim higher do they.

Yes, I think that might be true, but I don't know if anyone has ever tried to count people like that, so I don't know how anyone would know for sure. I've met people who live on various welfare programs or GI benefits. I have wondered if they might achieve more in life if their benefits were slightly less generous.

Derby, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:35:50
@NikiNiki Said

Yes, I think that might be true, but I don't know if anyone has ever tried to count people like that, so I don't know how anyone would know for sure. I've met people who live on various welfare programs or GI benefits. I have wondered if they might achieve more in life if their benefits were slightly less generous.

im sure they would we have a big problem in the u.k. with this, it seems your better of living of the welfare off the government then actually working for yourself.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#25New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 01:42:46
@Darroll Said

Raise the mininum wage and watch the jobs leave.
If you want more pay, get an education and a work ethic.

I wasn't aware there was internet access in the 19th century.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#26New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 01:58:55
I hear the same thing over and over. If people would get an education, they wouldn't have to worry about minimum wage. I am living proof that most employers care less about higher education. I hire based on work ethics and attitude. I can train employees to do the work, but I can't, nor should I have to, train a person to be respectful and tr5ain them to arrive on time.
If a person comes to me eager to work and willing to learn, he/she starts about $3.00- $4.00 over minimum wage.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#27New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 02:25:55
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#28New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 02:53:03
@rocket48 Said

I hear the same thing over and over. If people would get an education, they wouldn't have to worry about minimum wage. I am living proof that most employers care less about higher education. I hire based on work ethics and attitude. I can train employees to do the work, but I can't, nor should I have to, train a person to be respectful and tr5ain them to arrive on time.
If a person comes to me eager to work and willing to learn, he/she starts about $3.00- $4.00 over minimum wage.

We have a minimun wage here in Australia,that varies in all states.

You said you pay between $3-$4 an hour?,for a person working for that amount,based on a 40hr working week they can expect to earn $160 a week and that's before tax is taken out.I don't know what your prices are like in the US,but I can tell you that if a young kid came into the Australian work force put in a weeks work copping all the filthy jobs that they do,and then got their $160 at the end of the week,that's going to be the last time you see that kid.

I think from memory we have a safety net on minimum wages,although I can't quote figures but what your saying you pay is well below the safety net here.

Actually McDonalds here tried ripping their younger staff off with wages,paying them very little and expecting them to put long hours in,The Government jumped all over them for it and it cost Macca's a small fortune in back pay.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#29New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 02:55:10
@NikiNiki Said

Good god... so do major multi-billion dollar corporate megaliths with multi-million dollar CEOs. I cannot believe how successful the brainwashing is... it defies logic.

You attack the unions - you do realise the *only* reason the USA govt stopped using its police to kill Ford workers at the behest of the Ford Motor Co. in America, is *because* of the unions...? you know that, right? I mean, you would learn that stuff at school wouldn't you? Oh, what's that, you don't know?

[sarcasm]
Education is not propaganda. Education is not propaganda. (Come on, chant it with me)...[/sarcasm]

Who is worse, the starving 8 year old working a 14 hr day for barely enough money to buy sufficient food to subsist, or, the fat, useless, lazy CEO mofo earning millions per year to do nothing more than find new ways to exploit the masses to increase corporate wealth. FFS!
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#30New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 02:58:02
I've been thinking about this topic.

What do you think is better for society and the economy - to have the majority of the money in a few percentage points of the population or to have money more evenly distributed among the general populace?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs