Forums: Entertainment:
Celebrities

Miley Cyrus... Not Another One!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
simplydiffer On April 30, 2015

#1New Post! Jun 18, 2010 @ 19:15:44
Miley Cyrus was recently photographed with no panties on coming out of a car. Also fake kissing a girl on stage. Also living with her boyfriend in California. Oh and wait... she's 17. Miley has recently been showing and saying that she no longer wants to be the kiddie star anymore but a "serious actor" and what not. Oh here we go again. Like Britney Spears did before and Lindsay Lohan did after, Miley wants no more kiddie stuff and is doing her best to stop that image. Well we all know what happen to Britney and Lindsay... Miley is stepping into that territory of "I Will Be Slutty To Make My Transition To Child Star To Adult Star". I mean not just Britney and Lindsay have done that but many have. To many to say in fact. And plenty have turned into big steaming pile of messes or no longer have their old flare (compare 2003 Britney to 2010 Britney). But will Miley make out of the territory unscathed or will she be permanently damaged?
Opinions?
leeberttea On July 24, 2010

Deleted

Oxford, Illinois
#2New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 15:23:32
Oh she's such a whore! LOL! I love it! I don't care much for her music, or her voice and she looks too much like her dad for my taste, but she want's to discard her Disney image and appeal to an adult audience. Well she's gonna need more than gimmics to do that!
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#3New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 15:49:24
She's letting the world know that she is turning into a woman IMO. I say good luck to her, If you have it flaunt it.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#4New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 15:51:00
I turned into a woman without ever flashing my lack of panties or acting like a whore.
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:40:31
@Lfc1892 Said

She's letting the world know that she is turning into a woman IMO. I say good luck to her, If you have it flaunt it.

What has she got to flaunt exactly?
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#6New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:41:50
@JustMeAgain Said

What has she got to flaunt exactly?

Beauty and millions upon millions of dollars.
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:44:03
@Lfc1892 Said

Beauty and millions upon millions of dollars.

Money, maybe. Beauty? Well thats down to opinion. I have seen much better.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:45:33
@JustMeAgain Said

Money, maybe. Beauty? Well thats down to opinion. I have seen much better.

I agree, she's kind of weird looking
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#9New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:57:20
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

I agree, she's kind of weird looking

Poor cow lol.

Maybe she cant afford knickers?
CrashGroove On June 29, 2010

Los Angeles, California
#10New Post! Jun 23, 2010 @ 00:29:49
Her next logical step is to appear on this show .
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#11New Post! Jun 23, 2010 @ 00:33:21
Uh oh. Grasshopper's gonna hate this thread.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#12New Post! Jun 23, 2010 @ 00:38:34
@GSnap Said

Uh oh. Grasshopper's gonna hate this thread.

Maybe she wont notice it. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Congrats/cheerleader21.gif">
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#13New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 05:40:45
@Eastender Said

Maybe she wont notice it. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Congrats/cheerleader21.gif">

Or maybe,I'll keep bumping this thread until she does.

just_A_gurl On July 26, 2010

Deleted

Anywhere happy, California
#14New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 05:43:33
I'd hit it
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jul 16, 2010 @ 06:39:31
@simplydiffer Said

Miley Cyrus was recently photographed with no panties on coming out of a car. Also fake kissing a girl on stage. Also living with her boyfriend in California. Oh and wait... she's 17. Miley has recently been showing and saying that she no longer wants to be the kiddie star anymore but a "serious actor" and what not. Oh here we go again. Like Britney Spears did before and Lindsay Lohan did after, Miley wants no more kiddie stuff and is doing her best to stop that image. Well we all know what happen to Britney and Lindsay... Miley is stepping into that territory of "I Will Be Slutty To Make My Transition To Child Star To Adult Star". I mean not just Britney and Lindsay have done that but many have. To many to say in fact. And plenty have turned into big steaming pile of messes or no longer have their old flare (compare 2003 Britney to 2010 Britney). But will Miley make out of the territory unscathed or will she be permanently damaged?
Opinions?

I doubt very much if Miley Cyrus came up with the idea of flashing her girly bits by herself. Very possibly, the idea horrified her, but she did it. Why..? Well, in all probability, she did it because an advisor within her entourage convinced her that this is how things are done and although it is cheap and degrading, it will be good for her in the long run. In a perverse way, that advisor was probably right.

It succeeds in it's intention to help her transit from child star to adult star. It works like this:

If the "schoolgirl" Miley Cyrus flashed her fanny to the world, then anybody looking at the pictures would be called a paedophile. The cameraman would be arrested and her father would get a visit from some very un-smiling policemen for allowing it to happen. And rightly so.

But, now she makes the statement that she is "a woman", so, that makes it alright then, doesn't it..? It's now acceptable for leering men to check her out.... for paparazzi snappers to photograph her like this... The photographs support the statement that Miley Cyrus is no longer a little girl. She is now a "grown up", doing grown up things. One complements the other.

Warped logic..? Yep, I'd say so. But that's how it works, and as the OP alluded, it has done many times before and will happen many times again in the future. You can all have your own opinions about that. I have mine, that's for sure.

But what does it say about our social mores, when somebody has to resort to this kind of tasteless, tacky, stunt..? Couldn't she go on a chat show and give a mature, adult opinion on a subject of current affairs..? Wouldn't that be more dignified..? Wouldn't it be reflect better on her if she were to say something intelligent, to display to the world that she has developed a mature, adult opinion..?

Well, publicity doesn't quite work that way because in the shallow, superficial world of celebrity culture, the attention span of her target audience is very short. They want soundbites, pictures and video clips. Attempts at actually using your mind, or having something to say are considered "boring" or "long winded".

A female celebrity with no knickers on isn't a new tactic, it isn't original and it isn't clever. But it works. And all the time it works, she and others in the future will use it to get the cameras clicking.

And the airheads will buy it.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs