Mick Philpott jailed for "life"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 12:51:38
Mick Philpott has been jailed for life for being the "driving force" behind a plot to torch a Derby home that killed six children, with a judge describing him as a disturbingly dangerous man with no moral compass.

Mrs Justice Thirlwall said Philpott should serve a minimum of 15 years after a jury at Nottingham crown court convicted him on six counts of manslaughter for plotting the fire, which he and two others started in May 2012.

Philpott's wife, Mairead, and friend Paul Mosley were both sentenced to 17 years for helping the plot. They will not be eligible for release until they have served at least half their sentences.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-jailed-derby-fire

For those of you who are not aware of this story, a father of 17, his wife & a friend plotted to burn down his house after his other girlfriend left him. They hoped they would be able to blame her and apparently make him look like a hero when he saved the kids. However, 6 of Mick Philpott's children died.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think the sentences are fair? I don't. Mick Philpott could be out after 15 years and the other two will be out after 8.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:11:02
I hope he goes to a low security prison. WHere he will get a warm welcome. Unfortunately he will probably goto maximum security.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:43:24
No sentence is long enough for any of them. Life should mean exactly that, no minimum sentence, they should just be kept in. They've had enough money out of the country already, I'm sure we'll keep paying for them whilst they're in prison.
Wouldn't be surprised if they are targeted in prison, most prisoners will be parents and/or think their crime is abhorrent. They are disgusting excuses for human beings.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:54:29
Cheaper to goto B&Q and get a piece of rope and hang them.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:57:12
That's very true!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:35:05
He probably won't get out of prison. 15 years is only the minimum and even after he's let out he's still under the life license. He also doesn't seem to have the healthiest of lifestyles and 15 years is a long time, so he may not even make it out of prison alive anyway.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#7New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:37:41
@Silver_Lining Said

What are your opinions on this? Do you think the sentences are fair? I don't. Mick Philpott could be out after 15 years and the other two will be out after 8.

I've only been to Derby once, and spent about a week there. Most of the structures I saw (then) were made of brick, and they would be very difficult to set afire. I'd give the bastard an A for effort, but let him rot in gaol forever, 6 times over!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:40:44
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I've only been to Derby once, and spent about a week there. Most of the structures I saw (then) were made of brick, and they would be very difficult to set afire. I'd give the bastard an A for effort, but let him rot in gaol forever, 6 times over!

Most our buildings are made of brick over here. Got to say I like Derby. I lived there for 2 years. Its only down the road from Nottingham so I still go there occaisonly. Shame this creep had to let the place down.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:42:39
I know someone who lived near him, his family and him were well known in the area and it was a weird family so I am told. Life imprisonment is no punishment for this crime

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:43:53
@Elite_Dragon Said

I know someone who lived near him, his family and him were well known in the area and it was a weird family so I am told. Life imprisonment is no punishment for this crime

Which part of Derby?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:47:35
Cost Of Prison

Its an old article I know, so the figures will be lower than they are today. But a prisoner costs the country more than the average Jo Bloggs "Law Abiding Citizen" puts into the country. Least the goverment has its priorities. SHould rebuild dungeons and just chuck em in.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 15:25:30
@townie_guy Said

Which part of Derby?

I have no idea it was one of the TM's at CPP he just said he knew of the family by reputation

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 15:57:21
@Elite_Dragon Said

I have no idea it was one of the TM's at CPP he just said he knew of the family by reputation

Proper upstanding family then. Probably all on benefits as well. Wonder if they have been on Jezza Kyle.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 16:05:37
Yeah the dad had been on Jeremy Kyle at some point!
IndieMonet727 On October 23, 2016

, Texas
#15New Post! Apr 04, 2013 @ 16:11:11
17 kids, holy shizzle. By the same woman?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs