Racism

Michigan Tire Shop Owner Says He Doesn't Serve Black Or "Ghetto" People

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 11:49:18
https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-tire-shop-owner-says-165800082.html Shalynn Renee Vaughn, a 24-year-old student at the University of Michigan, who called the auto shop to ask the price of a tire, recorded a conversation with Jim S., in which he says he doesn't service "monkeys."
"There's no law against refusing service to ghetto people. I don't serve f***ing monkeys, little f***ing primates," Jim S. told Vaughn in the recording provided to Mic.
What Jim S. is admitting to is most likely illegal, thanks to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This legislation prohibits the discrimination on the basis of religion, race or origin by privately owned businesses, that are considered places of public accommodation. Restaurants, hotels, theaters and repair shops generally fall under the realm of public accommodation. The owner of a tire shop in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is attempting to defend himself after saying he doesn't want the business of blacks and "ghetto people." When Ypsilanti resident Madison Callanan left a negative Yelp review of her experience at Whitney's Tire and Auto Repair, she received a shocking response by a Yelp user going by the name "Jim S." who claims to be the owner and manager of the repair shop. The tire shop worker proceeded to write that his business prefers to work with clients related to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus. "Ghetto folks need to stay in the ghetto and not come to Ann Arbor," he concluded. You gotta love these RACIST idiots! Well done America! ‪#‎f***ingIDIOT‬
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 16:15:48
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well done America! ‬

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 20:42:42
@chaski Said

Oh I was just being a smart ass.....lol
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 20:48:35
There are always always gonna be fringe wacko's out there, hell, just take a peak at the Westboro Baptist church, another set of upright walking mouth breathers.

We shouldn't lump all people in America and shame them for a few fringe element wackjobs out there. There are lots and lots of good decent hard working people of all stripes and flavors in this country.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 21:11:15
Simple answer would be, just don't give him your business.
It's his shop he can choose who he wants to serve.
I don't agree with him and would not get my tires changed there but it's up to him.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 21:35:59
Customers can boycott businesses just as much as businesses boycott customers. Neither is good for business of course.
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 21:52:44
@Leon Said

Customers can boycott businesses just as much as businesses boycott customers. Neither is good for business of course.

Reminds me of McDonald's.

Years ago McDonald's only did the burger/fried fish/french fries thing...no salad, no fruit.

Then one year a bunch of vegetarians publicized that they were going to boycott McDonald's.

McDonald's initial response was more or less so what? we're not getting your (vegetarian) business anyway, so a boycott doesn't hurt us.

Then someone in the McDonald's corporation came up with a brilliant idea... let's provide a salads, fruit, etc. and expand our business. They did and increased their customer base and made a lot more money.

Michigan Tire Shop owner is an idiot on multiple levels. As a small business owner with no real ambition, he can probably afford to discriminate against black people. He might lose some of his white customers, but being a small business he will probably be able to survive that.

The good news is that with his short sighted hate thinking he will never be the creator of a fiscal/business dynasty. Thus he will never be like the Koch family...never be able to put his wealth behind his racist ideas.

Perhaps god will intervene in his life and teach him a lesson and his son or daughter will one day fall massively and happily in love with a black person, get married and make lots of mixed race babies...

...but that is doubtful.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#8New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 02:41:42
@chaski Said

Reminds me of McDonald's.

Years ago McDonald's only did the burger/fried fish/french fries thing...no salad, no fruit.

Then one year a bunch of vegetarians publicized that they were going to boycott McDonald's.

McDonald's initial response was more or less so what? we're not getting your (vegetarian) business anyway, so a boycott doesn't hurt us.

Then someone in the McDonald's corporation came up with a brilliant idea... let's provide a salads, fruit, etc. and expand our business. They did and increased their customer base and made a lot more money.

Michigan Tire Shop owner is an idiot on multiple levels. As a small business owner with no real ambition, he can probably afford to discriminate against black people. He might lose some of his white customers, but being a small business he will probably be able to survive that.

The good news is that with his short sighted hate thinking he will never be the creator of a fiscal/business dynasty. Thus he will never be like the Koch family...never be able to put his wealth behind his racist ideas.

Perhaps god will intervene in his life and teach him a lesson and his son or daughter will one day fall massively and happily in love with a black person, get married and make lots of mixed race babies...

...but that is doubtful.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have these kinds of issues, but as we all know we don't live in a perfect world. I'd like to think that this man would wake up one day and be a bit more enlightened about the world and not hold the views he has, but it's doubtful. My gf's dad was a much older father and he was 91 when he died last year. He was still pretty immature and childish in a lot of ways and him not growing up even at 90 was a bit of a disappoint to me, I've known him for 23 plus years.

So yeah... some people grow mentally and spiritual, and some most certainly don't.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 03:18:37
i wouldn't go that tire shop, either.

this a little off topic.

one is the thing, that car mechanics take advantage with women deals with fixing their cars.

i was younger, my mom and my sisters, especially my mom take her car in service. the mechanics always took advantage of her, how she need or that. when she didn't it.

my sister is know about car and auto parts, she got almost take advantage of these a*****es or sharks. women know what i mean.

just because a woman doesn't know anything about cars, why mechanics and the owners need to this at all? it is discrimination.

back to topic, i guess the a*****e tire owner think he would lost his white customers. this michigan not down south.

it would more crime, if the owner was black, treat blacks this way. the owner is white, no explanation need, it's 2016.

money is money, why discrimination? the owner should blacks more than white, if he doesn't like black.

it is just stupid.

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:21:50
@yami Said

Simple answer would be, just don't give him your business.
It's his shop he can choose who he wants to serve.
I don't agree with him and would not get my tires changed there but it's up to him.

Yeah well i'd never give this IDIOT my business either....however, I could be wrong...but I believe it's illegal to discriminate if you are running a business in my country based on a person's race!

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:24:04
@twilitezone911 Said

i wouldn't go that tire shop, either.

this a little off topic.

one is the thing, that car mechanics take advantage with women deals with fixing their cars.

i was younger, my mom and my sisters, especially my mom take her car in service. the mechanics always took advantage of her, how she need or that. when she didn't it.

my sister is know about car and auto parts, she got almost take advantage of these a*****es or sharks. women know what i mean.

just because a woman doesn't know anything about cars, why mechanics and the owners need to this at all? it is discrimination.

back to topic, i guess the a*****e tire owner think he would lost his white customers. this michigan not down south.

it would more crime, if the owner was black, treat blacks this way. the owner is white, no explanation need, it's 2016.

money is money, why discrimination? the owner should blacks more than white, if he doesn't like black.

it is just stupid.

You're right IMO! The RACIST owner is just simply a #f***ingIDIOT!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:33:23
@Spinkiegirl Said

You're right IMO! The RACIST owner is just simply a #f***ingIDIOT!

most people who act that way. since i know if owner was more afraid of losing their business. but this owner shows something more than a businessman should show his customers.

he is an idiot, i am not going defend or his actions. i am curious why are his motives to feel this way.

Chicago, Illinois
#13New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:39:44
@twilitezone911 Said

most people who act that way. since i know if owner was more afraid of losing their business. but this owner shows something more than a businessman should show his customers.

he is an idiot, i am not going defend or his actions. i am curious why are his motives to feel this way.

I completely understand you. But IMO....it's very clear...at least to me what his motives are by his own words & the way he talked about black folks! f*** him...and I f*** his business is my thinking!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:47:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

I completely understand you. But IMO....it's very clear...at least to me what his motives are by his own words & the way he talked about black folks! f*** him...and I f*** his business is my thinking!

i would like to read this full article that topic came from. i should mentioned before. you have written your feelings and pick out what he said.

i am said that you leave anything out or doubt what you are saying. it is hard give you an honest opinion of article, i haven't read. you see what i mean.

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Apr 15, 2016 @ 04:56:55
@twilitezone911 Said

i would like to read this full article that topic came from. i should mentioned before. you have written your feelings and pick out what he said.

i am said that you leave anything out or doubt what you are saying. it is hard give you an honest opinion of article, i haven't read. you see what i mean.

Ok that's fair...I'll go find the article & post it for you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs