Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
oreo_man On March 12, 2009

North Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:08:51
bowling for columbine, bye micheal moore

good thing i live in canada

thats what i thought after i saw that movie, if you dont like the movie and are going to spazz plz leave, but if you dont spazz im up to have debates . but its a awesome documentary, ive seen it 3 times and id like to discuss the topic with everyone here!

happy posting

North Vancouver, Canada
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:10:06
its interesting...

North Vancouver, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:12:56
no ones seen it

if you havnt you should
kerrigwen On May 13, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#4New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:20:19
Seen it.

And Canadian Bacon.

And Meeting Mister _____ (I forget the name)

And Fahrenheit 9/11.

He's very persuasive, I'll give him that - he's got a definite style that makes people sit up and take notice.

BUT! He's very, very biased. (of course?)...he DOES stretch/twist things where he thinks he can get away with it.

North Vancouver, Canada
#5New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:22:36
i hope he makes more movies... OR ELSE
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 03:49:35
It's barely a documentary. Michael Moore is a master of nothing but deception and misdirection.

All over that film, Moore intentionally lies to and misleads the audience to get the desired effect. It's really BS, and I suggest you read the debunking of it.

It's really disgusting. Moore is a disgrace to his country. I can totally understand how you can be swayed by the movie so much.. it's intended to directly manipulate and persuade through absolutely any means necessary. I can't hold that against you.

It's not about being biased. Being biased is fine. I love Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh, and they are both extremely biased, though on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Michael Moore is just a lying, disgraceful pig.

But get the other side of the story here:

https://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#7New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 08:13:58
@jonnythan Said
It's barely a documentary. Michael Moore is a master of nothing but deception and misdirection.

All over that film, Moore intentionally lies to and misleads the audience to get the desired effect. It's really BS, and I suggest you read the debunking of it.

It's really disgusting. Moore is a disgrace to his country. I can totally understand how you can be swayed by the movie so much.. it's intended to directly manipulate and persuade through absolutely any means necessary. I can't hold that against you.

It's not about being biased. Being biased is fine. I love Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh, and they are both extremely biased, though on opposite sides of the spectrum.

i agree, if what he says is true and he has evidence.. how come places like wall mart or the US government brought up on charges???
mikes_baby_girl On December 17, 2007

welland, Canada
#8New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 19:49:50
@jonnythan Said

you obviously cant read....this wasnt a thread made for the picking apart of michael moore. you have your opinion and yes, you are entitled to at least that but voice it somewhere else.

ew.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 20:56:27
@mikes_baby_girl Said
you obviously cant read....this wasnt a thread made for the picking apart of michael moore. you have your opinion and yes, you are entitled to at least that but voice it somewhere else.

ew.

Thanks for your input, but the original poster clearly stated that he's "up to have debate" concerning the man and the movie.

If he had said "anyone who disagrees with me can go f*** themselves because this is a Michael Moore Fan Club suck-off" then you might have a point.

In all seriousness, the OP is obviously under the impression that everything Michael Moore said or even showed in his "documentary" is true, and nothing is further from the truth. He was probably simply never exposed to the level of lying and manipulation perpetrated by Moore (who, incidentally, is a card carrying member of the NRA and is a gun collector) in the film in question.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jan 31, 2006 @ 23:41:45
Good link. I always thought he was for the most part straight, but shooting himself in the foot with his delivery and obvious over-exageration. I guess it's like everything, you don't question it if it fits with your own world view.

That link was rather enlightening, though I have to say, I don't believe anything anymore! We're lied to on a daily basis, and there seems to be no end to it. Any argument can be spun to be positive, with enough PR and spin.

I guess ultimately everyone is trying to sell an angle, and will adjust the facts to fit that angle.

The truth just isn't exciting enough for consumers of fast paced TV, movies, video games, etc... We can't get excited unless it's a double caffienated, extra sugar, high fat version of the "truth".

I don't know what the truth really is, but I'll close with a conversation I had before I moved to the US.

Friend: "You're going to the US!!! But you'll get shot!!!"
Me: "You know, everyday in the US millions of people don't get shot..."
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#11New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 17:48:41
I have enjoyed Michael Morre's work as a seeming counterpoint to the "news". The thing that disqualified Mr. Moore for me was the fact that he has a trust which is loaded with Halliburton stock. It would seem that to denounce war and then profit from it show where one's heart lies.
playboi_bunnie101 On January 23, 2008

Deleted

, Canada
#12New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 17:53:44
i personally loved Fahrenheit 9/11 just cuz it shows how idiotic george w bush is(sorry if i affende anyone) i just thought it showed exacally whats happeneing in the world and how bush is manipulating the america people

Bunny
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 18:12:42
@playboi_bunnie101 Said
i personally loved Fahrenheit 9/11 just cuz it shows how idiotic george w bush is(sorry if i affende anyone) i just thought it showed exacally whats happeneing in the world and how bush is manipulating the america people

Bunny

Problem is that if he's done the same hack job with that as he did with "bowling" then it's actually Michael Moore that is manipulating you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of W, but frankly you don't know who's telling the truth.
playboi_bunnie101 On January 23, 2008

Deleted

, Canada
#14New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 18:17:41
@stumblinthrulife Said
Problem is that if he's done the same hack job with that as he did with "bowling" then it's actually Michael Moore that is manipulating you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of W, but frankly you don't know who's telling the truth.

true...now a days you have no clue what a persons telling is true or not....its sucks that the trust level of people are soo low
Bunny
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#15New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 18:24:39
@stumblinthrulife Said

Exactly. Who really knows anymore? We only "know" what people tell us. No matter what everyone is going to have a biased opinion and of course they're going to tell you things to get you to believe them. I think that's exactly what Moore has done.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs