The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Michael Jackson's Doctor Will Be Charged/ Involuntary Manslaughter!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 20:46:08
https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/ap_on_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_doctor I knew it would come to something like this...oh well, he should have known better......
PaNda On January 28, 2010
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#2New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 20:54:46
Quote:
The coroner has ruled Jackson's death at age 50 a homicide with his death caused by acute intoxication of the powerful anesthetic propofol with other sedatives a contributing factor.

Isn't there a big difference between homicide and gross negligence/involuntary manslaughter? I don't see how they're gonna be able to prove anything.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 20:59:47
He should be charged with something.

He's a doctor and took an oath.

He Should never have prescribed, given any drugs to him without taking his patients physical health into consideration first and foremost no matter how much money the patient has or how famous they are!

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 21:05:47
@PaNda Said

Isn't there a big difference between homicide and gross negligence/involuntary manslaughter? I don't see how they're gonna be able to prove anything.

I can check.....but homicide might carry a longer prison sentence.

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 21:08:46
@lilbear Said

He should be charged with something.

He's a doctor and took an oath.

He Should never have prescribed, given any drugs to him without taking his patients physical health into consideration first and foremost no matter how much money the patient has or how famous they are!

I agree.....and there are reports that after he gave said meds to Michael....he left him unattended.....something he shouldn't have done given the types of meds he gave Michael that day.
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#6New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 21:09:05
@Spinkiegirl Said

I can check.....but homicide might carry a longer prison sentence.

Do you think they can prove the doctor intentionally murdered Michael? Involuntary manslaughter, maybe... I just asked that because the article seemed contradictory.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#7New Post! Jan 08, 2010 @ 21:48:40
I wondered what was going on about that
honkeylust2 On December 30, 2011

#8New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 03:34:54
good. he should be charged.
mj had issues, but he made great music.
fave is man in the mirror.
he was a legend.
god rest his soul.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#9New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 03:35:51
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/ap_on_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_doctor I knew it would come to something like this...oh well, he should have known better......

good. i hope he goes to jail for a very long time. and i hope he looses his licence. doctors are supposed to help people not medicate them to death.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#10New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 03:50:28
If anything, his license in all likely hood WILL be stripped.
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#11New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 03:58:39
Hell yeah he should be charged.

The drug he was prescribing, by law, can ONLY be administered by a qualified, registered anesthetist.

Its wrong on every level and i would go so far as to call it homocide given the fact the doctor was FULLY aware that he was posing a great danger to MJ every single time he gave it to him.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#12New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 04:08:18
There seems to be some misunderstanding of the word 'homicide' here.

Homicide (Latin homicidium, homo human being + caedere to cut, kill) refers to the act of a human killing a human being. A common form of homicide, for example, would be murder. It can also describe a person who has committed such an act, though this use is rare in modern English. Homicide is not always an illegal act, so although "homicide" is often used as a synonym for "murder," this is not formally correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#13New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 04:38:05
I hope it wakes up other Hollywood doctors. So many of these doctors who treat celebs, give them pills they do not need or any pill the celeb asks for and we wonder wehy so many young Hollywood kids are hooked on prescription meds. Where are they getting it, from doctors.

This is horrible when doctors do not keep to the oath of not causing harm to a patient.
Thye knowingly and willingly cause harm to patients if they misuse their power and wrtie prescriptions like that.

He should be first degree murder. It is of a mind of a reasonable person that in giving those drugs and illegally taking out certain drugs not allowed to be taken out, it can cause the death of someone. But he can't because he did not set out to cause the death of MJ.

I would think the charges would be criminal negligence based on all I have heard of the evidence.
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#14New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 12:59:46
@DorkySupergirl Said

I hope it wakes up other Hollywood doctors. So many of these doctors who treat celebs, give them pills they do not need or any pill the celeb asks for and we wonder wehy so many young Hollywood kids are hooked on prescription meds. Where are they getting it, from doctors.

This is horrible when doctors do not keep to the oath of not causing harm to a patient.
Thye knowingly and willingly cause harm to patients if they misuse their power and wrtie prescriptions like that.

He should be first degree murder. It is of a mind of a reasonable person that in giving those drugs and illegally taking out certain drugs not allowed to be taken out, it can cause the death of someone. But he can't because he did not set out to cause the death of MJ.

I would think the charges would be criminal negligence based on all I have heard of the evidence.

Yeah, I agree. I don't believe the doc deliberately killed him but he should be charged for involuntary manslaughter and lose his license to practice medicine. Heath Ledger shouldn't have been given the pills he was taking, in my opinion. The drugs were obviously not meant to be taken at the same time. It's tragic.
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 13:15:46
And so he should, he administered drugs illegally and in a quantity large enough to cause death, I don't see his action as that far removed from Harold Shipman, other than perhaps it wasn't premeditated.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs