News & Current Events

Michael Flynn - guilty plea expected

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On about 5 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 16:37:36
Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to a single count of making false statements to the FBI, becoming the latest Trump associate ensnared by Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Another one bites the dust

Of course the plea has nothing to do with Russia.... FAKE NEWS!

(I'm still holding by breath for Sessions to take the fall...or at least be forced to resign... )
Stalker

#2New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 16:57:43
The "expected" happened (dumb me left the "expected part in the thread title... dummy... )
Stalker

#3New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 17:15:51
Flynn: "I accept full responsibility for my actions" and will cooperate>"

But...but... nothing happened...its all fake news...
a777pilot On July 14, 2022

, Texas
#4New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 17:32:02
Lying to the FBI is what gets them all. It, the lies, don't even have to be related to what is being investigated.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 18:28:59
@chaski Said

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to a single count of making false statements to the FBI, becoming the latest Trump associate ensnared by Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Another one bites the dust

Of course the plea has nothing to do with Russia.... FAKE NEWS!

(I'm still holding by breath for Sessions to take the fall...or at least be forced to resign... )

, Texas
#6New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 18:37:09
He's a big boy. He lied to the FBI. I am happy he is going to jail. I have no sympathy for him.
Stalker

#7New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 18:43:55
@a777pilot Said

Lying to the FBI is what gets them all. It, the lies, don't even have to be related to what is being investigated.

Make no mistake, this plea is to a lesser charge for cooperation.

But, yes... it is often the lying that is at the core of the downfall.

, Texas
#8New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 18:49:56
He's a big boy. He lied to the FBI. I am happy he is going to jail. I have no sympathy for him.
Stalker

#9New Post! Dec 01, 2017 @ 18:52:18
@a777pilot Said

Agreed.

Though, based on the positions he held, my opinion of him is a little harsher.

, Texas
#10New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 01:40:57
I'm not sure what this Muller investigation is. I'm not being "stupid". I really don't know. People around Trump after the election but before Trump's inauguration had meetings and/or conversations with Russian officials and with other foreign dignitaries. So what? How is that illegal?

What am I missing?
Stalker

#11New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 01:46:14
@a777pilot Said

People around Trump after the election but before Trump's inauguration

Incorrect.

It's more like People around Trump (some part of his campaign and/or eventually part of his administration) before the election and/or during the election and/or after the election and/or (god forbid even after the inauguration).

@a777pilot Said

What am I missing?

Apparently quite a lot.

Considering when your military duty was, it is actually a bit astounding that you don't get (at least) the potential implications.

And if you honestly don't get that, then yes your are being a bit "stupid".

PS
We already know from 17 U.S. Intel agencies that Russia attempted to impact the 2016 election and used techniques including "hacking".

Thus, even if Trump and/or all of "the People around Trump" were completely uninvolved, and investigation into the extent of Russia's activities would be both logical and appropriate.

Who knows, maybe Hillary and the Democrats were Russia's co-conspirators.

Without an investigation, how would we ever know what happened and to what extent?

Clearly 2 indictments and 2 convictions (of "People around Trump) means that something criminal happened... with respect to Russia...

Etc.
mrmhead On about 17 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 02:22:47
@a777pilot Said

I'm not sure what this Muller investigation is. I'm not being "stupid". I really don't know. People around Trump after the election but before Trump's inauguration had meetings and/or conversations with Russian officials and with other foreign dignitaries. So what? How is that illegal?

What am I missing?

I've pondered the same.

I suppose it would depend upon the subject of the meetings.
If it was an innocent conversation, why lie about it, ... or not admit to it...?

, Texas
#13New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 04:00:40
Thanks for those answers, but I am still at a loss as to the subject, i.e., the crime, being investigated.
Stalker

#14New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 04:28:20
@a777pilot Said

Thanks for those answers, but I am still at a loss as to the subject, i.e., the crime, being investigated.

Ok... there are a variety, but as a starting point, just doing a light review of just some of the few possible violations one might consider including but not be limited one's focus on:

U.S. Code Title 18 Section...

951 - Agents of foreign governments
955 - Financial transactions with foreign governments
1030 - Computer crimes
1001 - False statements
1510 - Obstruction of criminal investigations
1956 - Laundering of monetary instruments
2381 - Treason

And/or

371 Conspiracy to commit any of the above or anyone of a number of other crimes.

Now, there are a variety of other potential laws as well and each one might involve conspiracy charges as well.

Or we can put our head in the sand and pretend like "People around Trump" decided to make false statements to the FBI for absolutely no reason whatsoever...they were innocent of all crimes, but decided to lie anyway...

Is this really stuff really that hard for you to understand?
mrmhead On about 17 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Dec 02, 2017 @ 05:02:51
I could sit down with Putin and discuss my preference of Bourbon over Vodka.
And then his desire to ride horses over ATVs.

If the FBI knocked on my door and asked why was I talking to the Russians, I wouldn't answer "What Ruskies?!?? I didn't talk to anyone!!"

And then if they showed pictures, I'd change my story to "Oh .... Those Russians ...."

....I'd tell them the truth from the start...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs