The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

Mental Self Care

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 15:32:14
Every form of psychiatric problems has been addressed on the forum.
When you don't know what's wrong, but you do know things aren't right, the frustration can be overwhelming. The blues vs depression, bi polar, PTSD, Borderline personality disorder, addiction, etc. have all been addressed.
The topics are all very serious so when people say, "Just get over it," which is rare, it really bugs me. I found this information to be very helpful and will include the link for anybody who wants to read more.One of my worst days on TFS was when a man in his thirties said that he wanted to kill himself. No one will ever know what happened to him because he deleted his profile. I admire the people who can discuss their own problems with mental health; I've met several strong people who work every day to get better. Please add your own thoughts on this subject; we all suffer from something, diagnosing what it is whether a skin disease of a mental health issue seems to cause most of the trouble.
Mental Self-Care

Many mental health problems begin when physical stress (such as an illness or injury) or emotional stress (such as the loss of a loved one) triggers chemical changes in your brain. The goal of treatment for mental health problems-including self-care and professional treatment-is to reduce stress and restore the normal chemical processes in your brain.

Seeking professional help

In general, it is a good idea to seek professional help for a mental health problem when:

* A symptom does not get better on its own.
* A symptom becomes severe or disruptive.
* A symptom becomes a continuous or permanent pattern of behavior and does not respond to self-care.
* Symptoms become numerous, affect all areas of your life, and do not respond to self-care or help from family or friends.
* You are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else.
There is a wide range of professional and community resources to choose from for mental health problems.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/mental-health-problems-and-mind-body-wellness-mental-self-care
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs