AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:46:02
4 Fast Facts about the Ryan Plan:

1. No one over age 55 will be affected by any proposed changes to Medicare.

2. Just as every member of Congress does now, those under 55 will have the option — if they wish — to purchase health plans that reflect their tastes and preferences, rather than a single plan dictated by our masters in Washington.

3. Based on their economic needs, the federal government will provide financial assistance to help them buy such coverage. (And for you class warfare types) The rich will get less help; the poor will get more.

4. Any senior who finds this unattractive is welcome to remain in Medicare as we know it.

Obamacare will cut Medicare by $700 billion, putting it into other parts of Obamacare. To cover more people? No! According to the CBO (the Congressional Budget Office) Obamacare falls far short (by 30 million people) of its promise for universal coverage.

Few people have noticed that the "Ryan Plan" is actually the bi-partisan Ryan-Wyden Plan--Ron Wyden being the senior, Democrat, senator from Oregon.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Aug 15, 2012 @ 19:54:11
@ThePainefulTruth Said

So, in other words, the young people will get screwed while the geezers get off scott free. Yeah, sounds real great If Paul Ryan's plan is so good, why can't we apply it to everyone equally?

Quote:

Obamacare will cut Medicare by $700 billion, putting it into other parts of Obamacare. To cover more people? No! According to the CBO (the Congressional Budget Office) Obamacare falls far short (by 30 million people) of its promise for universal coverage.

$700b in spending maybe, but not benefits. By the way, it was a conservative supreme court and republican governors refusing medicaid that makes up the difference. You might want to try reading articles you link to now and then.

Come to think of it, let's just get rid of Medicare and put everyone on Obamacare. Why have so many different systems complicating things?
Lil_O_Me On August 22, 2012

Deleted

, Kentucky
#3New Post! Aug 15, 2012 @ 19:58:31
4. Any senior who finds this unattractive is welcome to remain in Medicare as we know it.

Guess if you want to you have that choice
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Aug 15, 2012 @ 22:29:46
@El_Tino Said

So, in other words, the young people will get screwed while the geezers get off scott free. Yeah, sounds real great If Paul Ryan's plan is so good, why can't we apply it to everyone equally?

$700b in spending maybe, but not benefits. By the way, it was a conservative supreme court and republican governors refusing medicaid that makes up the difference. You might want to try reading articles you link to now and then.

Come to think of it, let's just get rid of Medicare and put everyone on Obamacare. Why have so many different systems complicating things?

Amazing isn't El Tino.
They are trying hard to push that old lie. But, americans being fairly ignorant about the truth are likely to buy it.

And we all have an opportunity to supplement medical coverage. It's called SAVINGS!!!!! Start one today!
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 00:39:45
@El_Tino Said

No, you're obviously uninformed.

Quote:

Yeah, with 30 million people not covered--according to the government CBO.

You and the vast majority of Democrats are totally

responding to this.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 00:45:42
@ThePainefulTruth Said

2. Just as every member of Congress does now, those under 55 will have the option — if they wish — to purchase health plans that reflect their tastes and preferences, rather than a single plan dictated by our masters in Washington.

3. Based on their economic needs, the federal government will provide financial assistance to help them buy such coverage. (And for you class warfare types) The rich will get less help; the poor will get more.

Few people have noticed that the "Ryan Plan" is actually the bi-partisan Ryan-Wyden Plan--Ron Wyden being the senior, Democrat, senator from Oregon.

People over 55 can purchase their own medical plan now. Medicare just provides the money to offset costs.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 00:48:10
But whatever. The Ryan plan will never see the light of day anyhow.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 02:07:39
Medicare is screwwing me.
i was paying for family care through illinois.
now family care ended cause our daughter is an adult.
now medicare wants $129 a month instead of $99 cause i didn't use them.

i'm looking for a lawyer.
a company couldnt get away with the s*** our country does.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#9New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 14:55:12
@Leon Said

People over 55 can purchase their own medical plan now. Medicare just provides the money to offset costs.

?????? It provides 80%, and has for decades. In any case, "No one over age 55 will be (negatively) affected by any proposed changes to Medicare."

@Leon Said

But whatever. The Ryan plan will never see the light of day anyhow.

Well something's gotta surface. Medicare IS going under and Obamacare will send us under quicker and with fewer people covered en-route to the collapse. Ryan's plan is the only feasible plan that's been presented. And yes, it's gonna hurt cause we've been kicking the can down the road since Medicare was adopted. Same for Social Security.

@Willi Said

Medicare is screwwing me.
i was paying for family care through illinois.
now family care ended cause our daughter is an adult.
now medicare wants $129 a month instead of $99 cause i didn't use them.

i'm looking for a lawyer.
a company couldnt get away with the s*** our country does.

In that instance, a company would and should do the same thing. Should adult children be covered in the first place--at least without a premium? It's expectations like that and covering pre-existing conditions (so people just put off getting coverage until they need it!) that aren't sustainable. We need to get government out of it so costs can work their way back down.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#10New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 15:11:06
@El_Tino Said

Democrats have been demagoguing Medicare since it was started, scaring seniors saying the mean Republicans were going to cut it or take it away from them--so the can was kicked down the road and nothing was ever done to make it fiscally responsible. Now it's crunch time and you want to cut Medicare for seniors like your fellow Democrats have been saying Republicans were going to do.

Your contempt for "geezers" is very instructive.

Your side still hasn't put forward a feasible plan to save it, much less a general budget in the Senate for the last 3+ years.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 18:38:20
@ThePainefulTruth Said

In that instance, a company would and should do the same thing. Should adult children be covered in the first place--at least without a premium? It's expectations like that and covering pre-existing conditions (so people just put off getting coverage until they need it!) that aren't sustainable. We need to get government out of it so costs can work their way back down.

you speak as a capitalist.
punish me because i didnt pay 2 companies.

punish our daughter because a reckless driver gave her a brain injury.
she shouldn't get help?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#12New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:13:33
I have no idea, and perhaps someone can shed light on it for me, why all Americans do not have tax paid medicare and then decide on their own if they want private insurance to cover pills, eyeglasses and dental, like we have here in Canada. Its not complicated, very easy to understand and premiums for private insurance are quite cheap here. Its like 100$ for a family of four to have the best plan available for private insurance.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#13New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:30:39
@DorkySupergirl Said

I have no idea, and perhaps someone can shed light on it for me, why all Americans do not have tax paid medicare and then decide on their own if they want private insurance to cover pills, eyeglasses and dental, like we have here in Canada. Its not complicated, very easy to understand and premiums for private insurance are quite cheap here. Its like 100$ for a family of four to have the best plan available for private insurance.

That's a pretty good question. Most of the time, we're left with the impression that Medicare is only for senior citizens. I just looked though and you can have Medicare for a premium if you don't qualify for free service.

Medicare has four parts:

A - Hospital Insurance - helps pay for inpatient care in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (following a hospital stay), some home health care and hospice care.
B - Medical Insurance - helps pay for doctors’ services and many other medical services and supplies that are not covered by hospital insurance.
C - Medicare Advantage - plans are available in many areas. People with Medicare Parts A and B can choose to receive all of their health care services through one of these provider organizations under Part C.
D - Prescription Drug Coverage - helps pay for medications doctors prescribe for treatment.

I checked my eligibility and it indicated that I could get Parts A and B for something like $99 per month, billed every 3 months.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#14New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:53:04
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Democrats have been demagoguing Medicare since it was started, scaring seniors saying the mean Republicans were going to cut it or take it away from them--so the can was kicked down the road and nothing was ever done to make it fiscally responsible. Now it's crunch time and you want to cut Medicare for seniors like your fellow Democrats have been saying Republicans were going to do.

Your contempt for "geezers" is very instructive.

Your side still hasn't put forward a feasible plan to save it, much less a general budget in the Senate for the last 3+ years.

What?

Tell me, if Paul Ryan's plan is so great, why does it not apply to everyone equally regardless of their age, my use of the term "geezer" notwithstanding? If Paul Ryan's plan is good for young people, why isn't it good for those over 55? If it's not good for young people, why should younger people alone have to bear the burden, when it was the older people who created the policies in the first place?
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#15New Post! Aug 16, 2012 @ 19:58:04
@DorkySupergirl Said

Americans politicians like to make things as complicated as possible.

As an example, there's a proposal to give a special tax break to people who win medals in the olympics, in order to "reward" them (they get $$ depending on what type of medal they win). Now, it would be much simpler to just pay them a little more than they currently do. But no, let's make the tax code even more complicated and force the winners to hire accountants to figure out how to claim a tax break that applies to a few dozen people every few years.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs