Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#181New Post! May 20, 2010 @ 03:54:03
@theCATthatdidntDIE Said

what do you guys have to say about the fact that the mexican man who killed his wife with a chainsaw in texas?

I think it throws into doubt everything we think we know about socio/ psychopaths. the rules for finding an early socio/ psycho path early are screwed now and here is evidence

1) white male 2) wetting the bed 3) starting fires 4) mutilation of animals

mexicans arent white... does this mean that the law should change or was he so integrated into white society that he picked up out mental flaws? or were we just assuming we had to be white? and its interesting that texas chainsaw massacre happened in...well texas. or does it have something to do with the mans mindset while watching said movie and or hearing about said movie.

Oh boy..... since when did ONE anecdotal event make the over-whelming evidence screwed????
theCATthatdidntDIE On February 13, 2011

Columbus, Florida
#182New Post! May 20, 2010 @ 20:09:30
@shinobinoz Said

Oh boy..... since when did ONE anecdotal event make the over-whelming evidence screwed????

i suppose it doesnt, but it becomes racial profiling now that other people are doing it as well (or maybe we are just catching them eh?)
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#183New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 02:28:11
@theCATthatdidntDIE Said

i suppose it doesnt, but it becomes racial profiling now that other people are doing it as well (or maybe we are just catching them eh?)

They are looking for an individual, not all of one race/culture!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#184New Post! Jun 05, 2010 @ 13:50:48
Well maybe, just maybe I've been wrong all these years and Fox News IS unbiased and balanced. After all they were the only one's to show video of the Isreali flotilla footage- and that on hated Glenn Beck to boot........
Or was it?
https://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/jon-stewart-debunks-glenn-becks-claim-that-he-alone-showed-israeli-flotilla-raid-footage-video.php?ref=fpblg
theCATthatdidntDIE On February 13, 2011

Columbus, Florida
#185New Post! Jun 22, 2010 @ 00:02:15
@shinobinoz Said

They are looking for an individual, not all of one race/culture!

ironically that is the very defense of racial profiling i hear often. white people tend to commit the crimes so white people are the first suspects among a crowd of people who didnt do it lol. its just that there is profiling everywhere and this is not racial profiling in my opinion, you are correct, but, half the stuff people say is racial profiling is not so. but hey, laugh at it, or change it
matthewota On December 16, 2010

LA, California
#186New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:04:54
The press is biased because of human nature.

As we go through life we gather wisdom. We all specialize in our levels of expertise and knowledge. Mine is in the subject of space exploration and astronomy.

So, when a press report is in error in any of those topics, it makes me ponder how accurate the press is in topics that I am ignorant of.
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#187New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:37:31
@theCATthatdidntDIE Said

ironically that is the very defense of racial profiling i hear often. white people tend to commit the crimes so white people are the first suspects among a crowd of people who didnt do it lol. its just that there is profiling everywhere and this is not racial profiling in my opinion, you are correct, but, half the stuff people say is racial profiling is not so. but hey, laugh at it, or change it

I presume that profiling needs the assumption that people who do criminal acts fit into a pattern, at least to focus on probable suspects. To determin what process helps eliminate unlikely suspects. this may make criminals act 'out of character'. Does any form of profiling work, or is it just a first step to get evidence? How best use of detective work so helped? Is there an evidence base?
matthewota On December 16, 2010

LA, California
#188New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:53:39
@Richard142 Said

I find the worl[d] service of the BBC the best for news as it has a wider perspective. Also I think that the Irish press has is better than London based national papers. I try to keep an open mind and accept everything that seems crediable and consistent to what I already [think] that I know! I'm always open to / for a fuller debate.

I have learned that the BBC world service has its radio announcers deliberately talk slowly to increase intelligibility. It makes it easier for me as I have a hard time following the english accent on some of the British shows that are broadcast her in the USA on PBS.

I also appreciate the fact that the BBC limits the amount of entertainment news. I feel that the American media pays too much lip service to Hollywood, pop media and entertainers.

The BBC World news Service lets me know about events in the world that I never hear about from U.S. news sources.
vanvasco On April 09, 2012

Hillsborough, New Jersey
#189New Post! Sep 20, 2010 @ 19:43:29
I feel that the media is mostly lies. In todays world, its about money and how much a company can earn. It is their job to report the news, but its also their business. So who knows if you can trust the media.
hrmanagement On December 13, 2010

Banned

St. Petersburg,
#190New Post! Sep 23, 2010 @ 04:47:49
Good.. Good.. Information Is Very well Useful I would appreciate it if you can write more article about this. Pls Keep Sharing to other thought us.The news media in the United States is "owned" by only seven corporations.
hrmanagement On December 13, 2010

Banned

St. Petersburg,
#191New Post! Sep 23, 2010 @ 04:49:42
Good.. Good.. Information Is Very well Useful I would appreciate it if you can write more article about this. Pls Keep Sharing to other thought us.
patriotic On March 13, 2020

#192New Post! Oct 29, 2010 @ 19:42:55
@treebee Said

i dont know what news sources in the USA are credible.

I agree with you. That is why I stopped watching the news on TV and no more newspaper. The last election destroyed completly my trust in the mainstream media in the USA. I call it the perfidious media.
With my background and few languages and world travelling I get my information.
patriotic On March 13, 2020

#193New Post! Oct 29, 2010 @ 19:46:06
@treebee Said

i dont know what news sources in the USA are credible.

@newwealth Said

LOL. As far as I know .. NONE!! heheheheh. The news media in the United States is "owned" by only seven corporations. I fancy myself to be a pretty good internet researcher, but I've not been able to "break" into which individuals this corporate ownership translates to, but I know better than to think that seven corporations would give us an "impartial" view of news, heheheheh

Agree.
Actually, I am somehow impressed to see that Americans ( I hope that is the trend)start to fight brain washing by the mainstream media.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#194New Post! Jan 14, 2011 @ 03:15:07
@patriotic Said

Agree.
Actually, I am somehow impressed to see that Americans ( I hope that is the trend)start to fight brain washing by the mainstream media.

Don't be impressed. The media elected the President, along with entertainers and a little help from Oprah. The world is now seeing the collapse of the United States, thanks in part to the liberal media.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#195New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 05:06:00
@rocket48 Said

Don't be impressed. The media elected the President, along with entertainers and a little help from Oprah. The world is now seeing the collapse of the United States, thanks in part to the liberal media.

So that's how we ended up with our first Black president? The media & entertainers & God-forbid Oprah elected him not the millions of american voters!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs