Forums: Politics:
Animal Rights

Mass Suicide/Mass Murder

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 17:11:36
For those who say they will never give up their meat/dairy - you may have to once enough humans are dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU&feature=channel
Dabby On October 26, 2016

liverpool, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 18:00:41
bloody hell ... 1hour 33 mins cant watch that got to get ready to go out for my steak and chips and a few pints .
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 18:15:37
@rogy Said

For those who say they will never give up their meat/dairy - you may have to once enough humans are dead.

You tend to give a lot of things up when you die.
You don't half talk crap.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 18:17:23
very interesting film, poetically produced.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 18:53:11
@rogy Said

Wow, 1 hour and 33 minutes long? How the hell do you expect us to watch it, when we love meat? Though, I do think it is in good quality

Plus animals eat animals, so why does it make you think that we can't eat meat? Is it really that wrong to eat meat? If so, then tell the Lions/Tigers/Cheetahs/etc, including chimpanzees, not to eat meat
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 01:21:38
@sugarflyguy Said

Wow, 1 hour and 33 minutes long? How the hell do you expect us to watch it, when we love meat? Though, I do think it is in good quality

Plus animals eat animals, so why does it make you think that we can't eat meat? Is it really that wrong to eat meat? If so, then tell the Lions/Tigers/Cheetahs/etc, including chimpanzees, not to eat meat

You seem to be saying that meat lovers cannot watch a film of an hour and a half which is rather odd to say the least.

Why would I tell nonhuman animals not to eat meat? We tend to see the nonhuman world as amoral and the human one as moral. Animal rights claims are, obviously, aimed at moral agents not moral patients.

There is a big ethical difference - as there is in terms of something done for necessity rather than pleasure.

rogY
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 12:34:57
Just to clarify the meaning of the thread title (admittedly it was rather abstract).

The point is about water. The film "home" explains how we are running out of water and how much of it is used creating meat compared to the much smaller amounts for vegetables.

rogY
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#8New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 12:38:06
Too Long; Didn't Watch
the truth is that evolution gave us an omnivorous set of teeth so we could eat meat and vegetation. we are supposed to kill and eat meat. if you dont then part of your diet is missing and its difficult and you need to go out of your way to make up for it.
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 11:32:35
@KulliK357 Said

Too Long; Didn't Watch
the truth is that evolution gave us an omnivorous set of teeth so we could eat meat and vegetation. we are supposed to kill and eat meat. if you dont then part of your diet is missing and its difficult and you need to go out of your way to make up for it.

Too Long?

People often make these sorts of comments about teeth.

Watch this - less than 6 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q

What does "we are supposed to kill" mean in relation to our teeth? For example, you could not possibly bite into an animals flesh such as a cow or horse.

If anything our physiology suggests that we can cope with small amounts of meat (which is why the term "hunter-gatherer" is the wrong way round) not that we were built to eat much of it - and certainly not in the amounts now eaten in the standard western diet.

So you have physiology and morality against you.

rogY
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 11:36:45
I was veggie for almost 3 years and I got very poorly. "Fakemeat" as I call it made me projectile vomit, I can't eat nuts and lacked iron and protien big time. I eat meat now, and I'm healthier....
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 13:03:54
@PhoenixNebula Said

I was veggie for almost 3 years and I got very poorly. "Fakemeat" as I call it made me projectile vomit, I can't eat nuts and lacked iron and protien big time. I eat meat now, and I'm healthier....

I am sorry to hear you have a medical problem.

rogY
skittleyan On March 06, 2010

, Hong Kong
#12New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 13:16:42
The look like an interesting film.. thank you for posting
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 13:25:09
Well in the very least man is ment to eat small amounts of meat.

My diet now is 80% fruit and veg 20% meat and even then only fish,chicken,and turkey.

I also like game meat as it is much much healthier then anything in the grocery store.

I agree we may eat to much meat as a scociety but I also think as humans were ment to eat meat....just less then some of us do now.

Also no ones saving any animals by not eating meat....not yet anyways.

They still produce the same amount the difference is it just goes to wast.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs