Random

Married couples dating site

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 18:55:30
I just saw this web advert in the jokes forums (I'm not making a complaint about TFS, just that imo the advert is sick):

EDIT, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: I meant this thread to be for people to give their oppinions on the above site. I didn't quite make this clear though, so we've had a few misunderstandings. Anyone is free to give an oppinion on people who cheat (keep to the TOS though), but please try to stay on-topic as much as possible. That is to say, comment on the dating site, not its users.

And also, please don't give doubtingthomas any crap over what he's said on the first page. It's been resolved and we have moved on.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#2New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:01:02
Is that not ok for married men to meet married women?

kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:03:06
No, it's a dating site for people who're looking to cheat.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#4New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:14:00
Keep in mind the posters age Scottie, she is 15.... still believes that when you get married you live happly ever after and you never look at anyone of a diffrent sex agian.

Give her about 15 years and a few ex boyfriends and she will see why that advertisment exists.

I'm not saying I have been to these sites or have had the desire to go to these sites.. but I can clearly see the reason why they exist and why they would advertise to TFS peeps.

Deleted

, Texas
#5New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:14:13
I was just making a joke
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:16:43
@doubtingthomas Said

Keep in mind the posters age Scottie, she is 15.... still believes that when you get married you live happly ever after and you never look at anyone of a diffrent sex agian.

Give her about 15 years and a few ex boyfriends and she will see why that advertisment exists.

I'm not saying I have been to these sites or have had the desire to go to these sites.. but I can clearly see the reason why they exist and why they would advertise to TFS peeps.

That sounds a bit patronising, age isn't really a factor and you don't know why she thinks that, it could have to do with something else. I guess there will always be those types of sites, I can see why they exist, sadly that's just the way the world is.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#7New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:18:49
There shall be NO HUMOR when it comes to infidelity!!!

Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#8New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:21:16
@sister_of_mercy Said

That sounds a bit patronising, age isn't really a factor and you don't know why she thinks that, it could have to do with something else. I guess there will always be those types of sites, I can see why they exist, sadly that's just the way the world is.

Not really, imo... I am just recalling how I felt when i as 15 and the girls that I encountered when I was 15.

There was a bit of child like understanding of what love and marrage was in the long term. I'm just talking from my experences.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:22:50
@doubtingthomas Said

Way to be condescending I know people cheat on other people. Surprisingly I also know married couples don't live happily ever after. I'm saying I think it's sick to have a site like that. Cheating in any form is wrong.

And I'll thank you not to make assumptions based on age.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#10New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:24:45
@kit Said

Way to be condescending I know people cheat on other people. Surprisingly I also know married couples don't live happily ever after. I'm saying I think it's sick to have a site like that. Cheating in any form is wrong.

And I'll thank you not to make assumptions based on age.

Do you think anyone who gives you the oposite side of a story is "condescending"?..
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:29:18
@doubtingthomas Said

Do you think anyone who gives you the oposite side of a story is "condescending"?..

No, I think anyone who makes a post along the lines of "She doesn't know about it because she's 15 and we know better because we're older." is condescending. The opposite side to the story is "If there's money to be made then someone will do it. Even if the idea seems wrong."

I never said I believe that married couples will live happily forever and ever. I said I think it's sick that there's a site dedicated to letting married people find other married people to cheat on their partner with.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:31:33
@doubtingthomas Said

You can give the opposing view of a story without referring to age.

Deleted

, Texas
#13New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:33:22
doubtingthomas is old!!!!!

HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#14New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:38:19
@skottie Said

doubtingthomas is old!!!!!

kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 26, 2008 @ 19:38:52
Right, hang on everyone. I didn't start this thread to have a debate about knowledge based on my age or argue whether someone's being condescending for pages and pages, because if we do everyone's just going to get pissed off and the mods will most likely close the topic. So can we please drop it and have a nice conversation/debate about the original point while respecting the fact that other people's oppinions might differ?

Thomas, Sis how about you give us your personal views on the ad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs