Marijuana...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Jul 02, 2018 @ 23:37:57
So...

Uruguay was the first country to legalize marijuana's production, sale and consumption in December 2013.

Last year Mexico became one of the 1st countries to legalize medical marijuana (Mexico had decriminalized the personal use possession of five grams in 2009).

This year Canada became the 2nd country to legalized marijuana.

(Note: Apparently, marijuana is not legal in the Netherlands (Amsterdam to be more specific) but rather it is "tolerated" or as we yanks would say "decriminalized".)

The cost of a kilo of marijuana on the illegal market has, reportedly, dropped by 50% or more more... according to one marijuana grower in Mexico.

With the legalization of marijuana in Mexico (and the rest of the USA) seemingly just around the corner... I wonder what the cartels think...

Are the Don Corleone's of the Mexican Cartels ready to make their families go "legit"...?

or are they trying to "lobby" U.S. federal politicians to keep it illegal...?

And what about California... will they make enough money to reduce their taxes (worst in the USA)?

What would Nancy think?

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 03, 2018 @ 00:02:51
And Uruguay and Mexico were both in the World Cup Sweet 16 (oh sorry... "Round of 16" )

Coincidence?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jul 03, 2018 @ 00:54:33
@mrmhead Said

And Uruguay and Mexico were both in the World Cup Sweet 16 (oh sorry... "Round of 16" )

Coincidence?

Ancient Aliens!!!!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Jul 03, 2018 @ 01:41:37
@chaski Said

So...

Uruguay was the first country to legalize marijuana's production, sale and consumption in December 2013.

Last year Mexico became one of the 1st countries to legalize medical marijuana (Mexico had decriminalized the personal use possession of five grams in 2009).

(Note: Apparently, marijuana is not legal in the Netherlands (Amsterdam to be more specific) but rather it is "tolerated" or as we yanks would say "decriminalized".)

The cost of a kilo of marijuana on the illegal market has, reportedly, dropped by 50% or more more... according to one marijuana grower in Mexico.

With the legalization of marijuana in Mexico (and the rest of the USA) seemingly just around the corner... I wonder what the cartels think...

Are the Don Corleone's of the Mexican Cartels ready to make their families go "legit"...?

And what about California... will they make enough money to reduce their taxes (worst in the USA)?

What would Nancy think?

California will never reduce taxes. They want to blaze the way on everything from carbon reduction to socialized medicine, so they will just continue to spend more when they can since, unlike the federal government, the budget has to be balanced.

And sure, the cartels will be pissed a little, as well as the DEA, the two biggest money makers of the war on drugs (not to mention slightly reduce fodder for Trump’s anti-Mexican vendetta). But there is still a lot of other illegal drugs out there to keep the things status quo for the most part. It’s not like the cartels didn’t know this was coming for quite some time.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2018 @ 11:55:55
@chaski Said

So...

What would Nancy think?

Well they can always do the counterfeit beanie baby thing. Wait, that's still a thing right?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2018 @ 11:58:22
@Leon Said

California will never reduce taxes. They want to blaze the way on everything from carbon reduction to socialized medicine, so they will just continue to spend more when they can since, unlike the federal government, the budget has to be balanced.

And sure, the cartels will be pissed a little, as well as the DEA, the two biggest money makers of the war on drugs (not to mention slightly reduce fodder for Trump’s anti-Mexican vendetta). But there is still a lot of other illegal drugs out there to keep the things status quo for the most part. It’s not like the cartels didn’t know this was coming for quite some time.

Yep, there will always be illegal drugs and there will always be a demand.

I don't smoke cigarettes but I don't think they should be illegal. I don't think I'd smoke marijuana but...whatever...I think it's stupid that it's not legal.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs