Forums:
Art & Literature

Mafia the City of Lost Heaven - the death of Frank Coletti

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! May 05, 2020 @ 19:36:22
I imagine many of you know that the name of this thread belongs to a well-known video game, but I'm posting a thread about it here, because I truly believe it is a form of literature. The story in the game is as finely woven as a novel. Both the characters and the settings are as believeable as real life ones, so for me, that game is a literary work.

Now, for those of you who don't know, Frank Coletti was the Consiliere of the Salieri Family. According to the story, he betrays the family by agreeing to hand over the family account books. It's later discovered that the police and the rival crime lord, Don Morello have kidnapped Frank's family and are holding them as ransom for the account books, so the Salieri family can be brought down. Don Salieri tells Tommy Angelo to liquidate Frank and recover the account books. Tommy spares Frank and claims to have hidden his body and succssfully recovers the books.

Now, five years later, the Salieri family learns that Frank is still alive after a prostitute who Tommy was supposed to have killed for leaking damaging information to the opposition, was also spared.

There is more, but I'd like to ask you this for now. Taking into account the fact that Salieri knew Tommy and Frank had a good working relationship and that he'd known Frank for twenty years, isn't it possible that Salieri already knew about Frank's family and had told him to go ahead with the police to lure them into a trap, which he would use Tommy to spring and recover his family?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! May 05, 2020 @ 22:19:20
@Conflict Said

I imagine many of you know that the name of this thread belongs to a well-known video game, but I'm posting a thread about it here, because I truly believe it is a form of literature. The story in the game is as finely woven as a novel. Both the characters and the settings are as believeable as real life ones, so for me, that game is a literary work.

Now, for those of you who don't know, Frank Coletti was the Consiliere of the Salieri Family. According to the story, he betrays the family by agreeing to hand over the family account books. It's later discovered that the police and the rival crime lord, Don Morello have kidnapped Frank's family and are holding them as ransom for the account books, so the Salieri family can be brought down. Don Salieri tells Tommy Angelo to liquidate Frank and recover the account books. Tommy spares Frank and claims to have hidden his body and succssfully recovers the books.

Now, five years later, the Salieri family learns that Frank is still alive after a prostitute who Tommy was supposed to have killed for leaking damaging information to the opposition, was also spared.

There is more, but I'd like to ask you this for now. Taking into account the fact that Salieri knew Tommy and Frank had a good working relationship and that he'd known Frank for twenty years, isn't it possible that Salieri already knew about Frank's family and had told him to go ahead with the police to lure them into a trap, which he would use Tommy to spring and recover his family?

What would Salieri have to gain by sacrificing Frank?
Darkman666 On about 10 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 05, 2020 @ 23:08:19
@Conflict Said

Now, for those of you who don't know, Frank Coletti was the Consiliere of the Salieri Family. According to the story, he betrays the family by agreeing to hand over the family account books. It's later discovered that the police and the rival crime lord, Don Morello have kidnapped Frank's family and are holding them as ransom for the account books, so the Salieri family can be brought down. Don Salieri tells Tommy Angelo to liquidate Frank and recover the account books. Tommy spares Frank and claims to have hidden his body and successfully recovers the books.

i have never heard this game before. it seem pretty typically fashion in 30's to 60's tv show or movie plot.

frank using leverage against tommy by his account books. duh, tommy have a choice in kidnapping frank's family for leverage. which normal in these kind of plots.

only thing or twist to plot, tommy had a conflict with frank, since they are friends. since don want tommy kill frank. it look tommy gave frank an opportunity give up the account books freely. don tell tommy, friendship no friendly , frank must die. that why tommy kidnap frank's family.

i have no idea, where this bad or boring plot leads into the game. the conflict of his game is tommy will kill frank and his family or don do ?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 00:16:33
the game should be more about tommy than frank. tommy wrote his death ward, when he stole don's account books and told the police. tommy get his revenge after don killing frank. so the game should be about more tommy take don and his gang. bring don to justice.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#5New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 03:38:03
@mrmhead Said

What would Salieri have to gain by sacrificing Frank?

I was wondering if he wasn't setting up the opposition to fall by making them think they could manipulate Frank, only to have Tommy take them by surprise and rescue Frank and his family. The story has it that Salieri didn't know what was going on and seriously wanted Frank to be executed, but was that really the case?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 20:31:16
@Conflict Said

it look good in this storyline, that would on be an good episode of " the untouchables " starring robert stack in the 50's tv show. a pretty good tv show back then to watch.

it look like frank and tommy mainly tough situation. even don order the hit on frank and tommy has do to save face. where tommy and frank and frank's family go. don will sent another killer kill all of them. tommy would have to help frank and his family get out of the state or somewhere that don not brought off all local and state government.

frank or tommy need get those account books to authorities to bring down don.

it is a question that is tommy more loyal to don, or frank's friendship is stronger? the game is basically that i see that either tommy and frank has no way out.

logically: frank and tommy has work together or fight separately to stop don!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs