Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Mad as hell!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#1New Post! Mar 13, 2018 @ 21:32:47
At the weekend I ordered a item from Amazon (I am a prime user), it was scheduled to arrive yesterday according to tracking on there web site. When I checked (around lunch time) it was notated it was undeliverable due to my address!! I "chatted" to a c/s associate at Amazon & he came up with all sorts of bull (this I found out today) but ultimately said he had been in touch with Fed Ex who were going to deliver it today! Today its still not here & I found out that Fed Ex gave it to USPS!!!! Why?? They are paid to deliver it!!! Why was I told Fed Ex would deliver it today when they did not have it anymore?? I have spoken to the post office & have now been told by them that the item is being sent back to Amazon!!! Amazon supervisor today told me that it should be delivered tomorrow?? Go figure!! No-one seems to be able to give me a straight answer as to whats going on & why!!!! I am so mad about this, I have sent a angry e-mail to fed ex & I have also contacted Jeff Bezos at Amazon!! The more shoddy service is tolerated the worse it will get, BUT I do not tolerate it & bite back!!!

#2New Post! Mar 14, 2018 @ 03:11:31
Don't tell me no-one has had any bad experiences with Amazon or Fed Ex??
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Mar 14, 2018 @ 11:50:43
Jeff Bezos will never see your email.

Anyway...as an online seller myself, your gripe should be with FedEx/USPS, not Amazon. I can't tell you how many headaches I've had dealing with angry customers who think it's my fault that their package is delayed or mishandled by the USPS. Once it goes out the door and into the hands of the delivery service, the seller really has no control over it.

As long as it's actually shipped by the seller when expected there's not much else they can do other than have policies in place to account for mishaps...I insure every order I send and always make the customer whole if an item arrives damaged or gets lost (which amazingly has happened with some pretty large packages), and I've had to take a loss on some of them when the insurance wouldn't pay out. But still...the customer gets nasty with me when I've had no hand in the mishap.

Price of doing business I guess.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Mar 14, 2018 @ 12:09:10
@Komentenmelodie Said

Don't tell me no-one has had any bad experiences with Amazon or Fed Ex??

Not even close.

#5New Post! Mar 14, 2018 @ 23:33:11
@Eaglebauer Said

Jeff Bezos will never see your email.

Anyway...as an online seller myself, your gripe should be with FedEx/USPS, not Amazon. I can't tell you how many headaches I've had dealing with angry customers who think it's my fault that their package is delayed or mishandled by the USPS. Once it goes out the door and into the hands of the delivery service, the seller really has no control over it.

As long as it's actually shipped by the seller when expected there's not much else they can do other than have policies in place to account for mishaps...I insure every order I send and always make the customer whole if an item arrives damaged or gets lost (which amazingly has happened with some pretty large packages), and I've had to take a loss on some of them when the insurance wouldn't pay out. But still...the customer gets nasty with me when I've had no hand in the mishap.

Price of doing business I guess.

The problem is that FED Ex did not deliver it or even try to!! They gave it to USPS which is the root cause of the problem. They gave it to them at 10.29 am on Monday. When I saw that (on the web page) there was a problem I contacted Amazon. I was told that the goods would be delivered Tuesday & that it would not happen again. The next day I saw it was passed over to USPS, Amazon would or could not give me a reason as to why (except some b/s excuses). I then called my post office & they told me it was being sent back to Amazon.No reason was given as to why. Today I see that it was sent to another post office where I used to have a po box! Another issue was that when I placed the order (it said it could not be shipped to anything but a proper address, no po box) I did clarify with Amazon that it was to be delivered to my house (on Monday) I went to where my Po Box used to be only to be told they sent it back (to be delivered supposedly) to where Fed Ex passed it over!!!!I do not like being lied to nor not being given any answers as to why this is happening, this is my main cause of my anger. You can also never speak to the same person, they are just cube workers who have no vested interest in customer service!!! I have now posted this on Twitter and Amazon are now passing it off to Fed Ex!! I am still irate about this & am not about to let this drop!!!

#6New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 00:52:14
Just found out that typically Amazon do not use Fed Ex to deliver shipments they use a system called Fed Ex Smartpost, so customers are NOT to expect Fed Ex deliveries which surely is false advertising?

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 11:47:16
I was shopping around for a new outdoor fireplace.
Saturday Amazon sent me one of those "Look At These!" emails.
Ordered Sunday.
Arrived yesterday - as scheduled.
I went back to the website to review/comment, and there is a note: No Longer available, due to inventory, shipping, or customer comments.
Hmmm....

Hey, at least you're not KFC waiting for chicken!
https://nypost.com/2018/02/19/what-the-cluck-kfc-runs-out-of-chicken/
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 11:51:36
@Komentenmelodie Said

The problem is that FED Ex did not deliver it or even try to!! They gave it to USPS which is the root cause of the problem. They gave it to them at 10.29 am on Monday. When I saw that (on the web page) there was a problem I contacted Amazon. I was told that the goods would be delivered Tuesday & that it would not happen again. The next day I saw it was passed over to USPS, Amazon would or could not give me a reason as to why (except some b/s excuses). I then called my post office & they told me it was being sent back to Amazon.No reason was given as to why. Today I see that it was sent to another post office where I used to have a po box! Another issue was that when I placed the order (it said it could not be shipped to anything but a proper address, no po box) I did clarify with Amazon that it was to be delivered to my house (on Monday) I went to where my Po Box used to be only to be told they sent it back (to be delivered supposedly) to where Fed Ex passed it over!!!!I do not like being lied to nor not being given any answers as to why this is happening, this is my main cause of my anger. You can also never speak to the same person, they are just cube workers who have no vested interest in customer service!!! I have now posted this on Twitter and Amazon are now passing it off to Fed Ex!! I am still irate about this & am not about to let this drop!!!

I understand what the problem is.

Your issue is with FedEx and the USPS.

Amazon didn't give the package to USPS, FedEx did.

Amazon did not have the package sent to another post office after the USPS told you it was going back to Amazon. USPS did that.

If you sent something to someone by FedEx and then FedEx gave it to the post office who then sent it to another post office after telling the person you're sending it to that they were going to return it, should that person get mad at you? Did you have any control over it?

Was it your fault that FedEx or the post office screwed up? Would the person be right to call you and demand an explanation? What would you tell him, exactly?

I'm guessing you would tell him that you shipped the package with FedEx and that you don't know why or how it was misrouted or handed off to the post office. Because that would probably be all you knew about it.

So sure...go ahead and don't let it drop. Post about it on Twitter where no one will really listen. Let your anger ruin your mood every day. Whatever...

But your gripe is still not really with Amazon.

So..okay.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#9New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 14:25:11
@Komentenmelodie Said

At the weekend I ordered a item from Amazon (I am a prime user), it was scheduled to arrive yesterday according to tracking on there web site. When I checked (around lunch time) it was notated it was undeliverable due to my address!! I "chatted" to a c/s associate at Amazon & he came up with all sorts of bull (this I found out today) but ultimately said he had been in touch with Fed Ex who were going to deliver it today! Today its still not here & I found out that Fed Ex gave it to USPS!!!! Why?? They are paid to deliver it!!! Why was I told Fed Ex would deliver it today when they did not have it anymore?? I have spoken to the post office & have now been told by them that the item is being sent back to Amazon!!! Amazon supervisor today told me that it should be delivered tomorrow?? Go figure!! No-one seems to be able to give me a straight answer as to whats going on & why!!!! I am so mad about this, I have sent a angry e-mail to fed ex & I have also contacted Jeff Bezos at Amazon!! The more shoddy service is tolerated the worse it will get, BUT I do not tolerate it & bite back!!!

It's not Amazon...it's the US post office...I have several bad stories about them...

On Dec 18th I sent my daughter a package of cookies...I paid for the 2 day delivery..paid an extra $10 to do this....my daughter only lives 4 hours away...the package left my post office and went to Detroit ok big package hub.. spent two days there...then was sent to Dayton Ohio...south Ohio.. my daughter lives in Akron Ohio northern Ohio...then it went to Pennsylvania... from there it went to New York....then went to Akron she got the cookies on Dec 29....

same thing happened a year earlier when I sent some cookies and candies to my in laws to Sun City Arizona...it took 3 weeks even tho I paid an extra $70 to do it...

I am now sending all packages with UPS and have had no more trouble...

side note: I now only order Amazon prime on Fridays that way the post office have to get off their asses and drive all the way out here to deliver on Sunday...
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 14:55:06
at my apartment building or even walking down the street, either fex or ups's drivers will go up the front door. they will buzz first, no answer in less 3 minutes. they might leave a note, but they will not stay any longer.

I think drivers more lazy than concern about your delivery, than getting to you.

post office's fault and drivers, fex and ups probably monitor them by satellites and trackers. if a driver need to take time more get his package to this person, and not care if take next person.

what the op's problem, what all have to face with these companies. all these companies will each others.

it is known as " who got the button now? " game.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#11New Post! Mar 15, 2018 @ 17:16:47
If you think that's bad, try AliExpress. Granted, you get what you pay for, but the service and products are total garbage.

I ordered some houseplant seeds from them, and they didn't even germinate! I demanded a refund, and the seller claims they sent it to my paypal, but never did. I tried disputing the order, and the website claims it's too late. But how am I supposed to know they were bogus seeds, before waiting a week or two to see if they grow?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! Mar 16, 2018 @ 02:46:59
I order a lot of stuff online.
I continually have trouble with FedEx.
Not every package they handle gets f***ed up, but every shipment I’ve had that was f***ed up was by fedex.

Amazon customer service has usually been good to me though, they’ve usually overnighted me replacements.
(UPS because fedex f***ed it up)
And one time I did get the Internet-famous Thor in a chat question.

I can usually tell what items are going to get passed of to usps. But they usually go 2-day priority, and I’ve had good luck with that both in receiving and in mailing out chocolate around the country. Actually I get it sooner if it’s usps than if it’s ups, because the mailman comes around noon and the ups to my neighborhood is after 5pm.

Actually— the only shipping problem I had with amazon was the refused to ship me spray cheese. (Don’t judge me)
But the reason was because it had to go ground, therefore had to be in the contiguous 48 states. (Aerosol can-I get that)

I live in New Mexico.

Nothing I did could make them understand I was in the 48 contiguous states. I even commented on it, they eventually just deleted the item.

New Mexico— it’s not new, and it’s not Mexico.

#13New Post! Mar 16, 2018 @ 16:16:43
The package arrived yesterday from USPS I was not home but my security cameras picked up the delivery. I am not telling anyone at Fed Ex or Amazon it has arrived, somebody screwed up & of course no-one will admit it!! That's what irritates me most of all, the cover up!!!

Whats the problem in liking spray cheese?

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Mar 16, 2018 @ 16:50:53
One year I ordered a video game shortly before Christmas - I forget Amazon or maybe GameStop - to arrive via USPS.
We have "Cluster" Mailboxes, where I have to go across the street and down a few houses to get my mail.

I didn't get it, called (emailed?) the retailer and they quickly sent out another one.

Come the next snow melt a month or so later, and there's a parcel box key on the ground.
(With cluster boxes, if you get something too big for your slot, there is a locked parcel box and you get the key in your box)

So, WTH, I open it up and low and behold, it's the game I never "received". I must have dropped the parcel box key in the snow and not noticed ...Oops

So we just re-gifted the game to a friend. haha.

#15New Post! Mar 16, 2018 @ 23:25:58
@mrmhead Said

One year I ordered a video game shortly before Christmas - I forget Amazon or maybe GameStop - to arrive via USPS.
We have "Cluster" Mailboxes, where I have to go across the street and down a few houses to get my mail.

I didn't get it, called (emailed?) the retailer and they quickly sent out another one.

Come the next snow melt a month or so later, and there's a parcel box key on the ground.
(With cluster boxes, if you get something too big for your slot, there is a locked parcel box and you get the key in your box)

So, WTH, I open it up and low and behold, it's the game I never "received". I must have dropped the parcel box key in the snow and not noticed ...Oops

So we just re-gifted the game to a friend. haha.

At least someone benefitted from this!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs