The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Poetry

MY fav quotes (if theres a quotes section im sorry i didnt see it) What are your

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#1New Post! Sep 29, 2007 @ 19:26:38
Heaven has no ragelike love to hatrednor hell a fury like a womens scorn. Part of this was on X-men. Many people credit this to William Shakespeare But alas. He did not say this. It was William Con. He wrote this in a play called The Mourning Bride This is one of my favorites because it is o so true. This is just one of many Misconceptioned sayings another would be Sherlock Holms saying, Elementary my dear Watson. In all the books he was in this was never said. My all Time favorite Piece of poetry i saw in mary shelly's Frakenstein. It was taken from paradise lost. Did I request thee maker of my clay to mould me man? Did i solicit thee from darkness to promote me. I more of a Philosophy kinda guy, but im hear to learn some poetry so post your favorites. Im going to type a tad bit longer so this message will get a tiny bt more insignifigant points so that i may rank up then call it quites for the day and finish all my chores. Seriously I want to hear your favorite quotes from poetry from the distant or not so distant past. Man i am geting corporal tunnel from typing so much.
dragonpoet On September 08, 2016

putnam, Connecticut
#2New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 14:10:12
Favorite Quotes....

I like to collect quotes some just speak volumes....anyways, here is a few that I can think of at this moment....

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise." by Dawna Markova

"When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." by Cherokee Expression

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." by Mahatma gandhi

"I shall remember while the light lives yet, and in the nightmare I shall not forget." by Algemon Charles Swinburne

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." by Ralph Waldo emerson

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves ~Fran?ois Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another. ~Homer

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

Just a few that I can think of.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs