The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

MY Chinese Water Dragon is very, very sick.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
thelionladyy On July 03, 2010

toledo, Ohio
#1New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 05:37:57
I recently purchased a Chinese Water Dragon. He is a sweetheart, I love him dearly. He has been acting very weak lately, and I'm afraid i cannot afford to take him to a vet.

He has been very weak, and has not been eating his "dead" crickets, although when I bought him live crickets, he ate them, chasing them around very quickly, but shortly got tired and rested on his log.

He's still a baby and only 20-30" and full grown, I expect a good 3-4 ft long Dragon. He should be very active and playful! He is so weak he falls asleep in my arms

He has fresh water, logs, plenty of room to climb, a heat lamp, misted daily..
Now my question is, does anyone have, or had, a lizard and could share with me? He seems to be getting stronger, but weak at the same time, you know? I had to assist him in catching his crickets earlier, and today I purchased meal worms for him, and he seems to enjoy it.

^ That's us
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#2New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 06:26:09
I don't suppose you thought of a companion for you little mate,did you????,also lizards all eat Live prey not dead.

Water dragons will eat Banana,so if you break half a Banana in smaller pieces(Not tiny)he/it will eat that as well.I do suggest you talk to the zoo and find out more about your Lizard,before you Kill it with kindness.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#3New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 06:40:56
for some reason i thought that was a trippy name for a kind of fish
thelionladyy On July 03, 2010

toledo, Ohio
#4New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 18:07:28
He doesn't need a mate, and I'm not "killing" it with kindness, if I were to be "killing" him, it would be with everything he needs.
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 18:33:07
he really needs a vet
IcyMist On February 17, 2010

Tampa, Florida
#6New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 21:28:15
I don't know anything about a chinese water dragon, but it is really pretty looking. I did find someone on line who has a site that may help you. Also lets you contact her with questions so she may be able to help you.

I also saw that you should not get a friend for your pet because 2 males do not get along well. 2 females are okay, and a male and female is even better but if you have no clue (can't usually tell until they are adults) what sex they are you could be doing more harm bringing another dragon home.

https://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/problems.htm
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 21:33:30
I've got 5 lizards myself.

Sometimes they're just a bit lazy

Mine go through periods of just being lazy and eating a little less food and sleeping lots, and not moving much, it's worrying indeed.

However I'm not saying that you shouldn't get him checked out. I don't know how much a vet will cost... But it's better than losing him, imo.

Hopefully everything will be fine. He's gorgeous
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs