woodss On February 26, 2024

#1New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 13:08:13
Should He return ?
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 15:53:09
@woodss Said

Should He return ?

Have you seen the analytics for this website? They were nice enough to post the link on the homepage.

Malignant mass has hit the liver. It's just a matter of time.

In some ways, it's sad because the light traffic means people have given up attempting to share ideas if it means being challenged. But it's no Lincoln Douglas debate. The people who say they hate name-calling are the worst culprits of ad hominem attack. And since deconstruction of meaning and culture is so much more attractive than defending meaning and culture, no one knows why they're here. We're the Kardashians on meth; all of the shallowness and none of the glamour.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 16:13:44
@gakINGKONG Said

Have you seen the analytics for this website? They were nice enough to post the link on the homepage.

Malignant mass has hit the liver. It's just a matter of time.

In some ways, it's sad because the light traffic means people have given up attempting to share ideas if it means being challenged. But it's no Lincoln Douglas debate. The people who say they hate name-calling are the worst culprits of ad hominem attack. And since deconstruction of meaning and culture is so much more attractive than defending meaning and culture, no one knows why they're here. We're the Kardashians on meth; all of the shallowness and none of the glamour.

chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 16:35:35
@woodss Said

Should He return ?

We're not supposed to talk about those who are no longer here so as not to be rude to people that cannot defend themselves... or something like that... I think.

That said, we've had a number of people that came here and actually helped in the sense that they spurred or enticed conversation.

However many of them, similar to the guy you reference, at some point began breaking the rules (one or more). Some were banned. Some would wait for the period of punishment to end, then come back and act the same way that got them banned. That is to say, they didn't learn anything from their punishment. Some of the banned people also liked to directly (and sometimes aggressively) insult TFS moderators... kind of a stupid thing on so many levels.

As a side note: It seems most often these individuals who ended up being banned, were so hung up on their religion (or politics) to the point that that they decided civil discourse was no longer necessary.

Personally I liked having them, some of them,... I like the banter and don't take name calling personal. None the less some of those people took the banter to fairly extreme levels.

Also, there are (were) people who came, seemed to be happy dishing it out but couldn't take it so would choose to leave on their own. Again, I like the banter. I don't expect anyone here to truly be my "friend or loved one" (though have made a few friends). Some people come here and get all bent out of shape because people were mean to them or something.

Anyway, should any of them come back? Maybe. Though some, I think were banned for life. Others... sure they could come back... but if past behavior predicts future behavior, they wouldn't last long.

Sorry... once again a verbose post (VP).
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 16:37:36
@Erimitus Said

Hey Hey Hey . . .

buddy.

just

not you

obviously not you
Criminey the one thoughtful person had to read this
woodss On February 26, 2024

#6New Post! Dec 09, 2018 @ 18:25:43
I have checked the TFS, so I believed it was safe, I think it’s normal for someone from those extremist faiths to get hung up on religion, there it’s life outside of religion, but it’s used in a way to be used to fight with

The rules are there for a reason without them places like this will get out of control very quick it would attract all sorts of trolls, I Just hope we won’t get any more of these nutjobs but as long that these extremist faiths exist we have to be on a look out for them.

Faith is fine, but there comes a point before it becomes adsurd and used to hurt others, I’m from a Christian background that has similar views but what makes me different I don’t bark my beliefs down people’s throats that is wrong. What makes me different I like to see both sides of the coin even if I disagree that is one that MCB and other fanatical members of old lacked.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Dec 11, 2018 @ 18:22:22
@chaski Said

We're not supposed to talk about those who are no longer here so as not to be rude to people that cannot defend themselves... or something like that... I think.

That said, we've had a number of people that came here and actually helped in the sense that they spurred or enticed conversation.

However many of them, similar to the guy you reference, at some point began breaking the rules (one or more). Some were banned. Some would wait for the period of punishment to end, then come back and act the same way that got them banned. That is to say, they didn't learn anything from their punishment. Some of the banned people also liked to directly (and sometimes aggressively) insult TFS moderators... kind of a stupid thing on so many levels.

As a side note: It seems most often these individuals who ended up being banned, were so hung up on their religion (or politics) to the point that that they decided civil discourse was no longer necessary.

Personally I liked having them, some of them,... I like the banter and don't take name calling personal. None the less some of those people took the banter to fairly extreme levels.

Also, there are (were) people who came, seemed to be happy dishing it out but couldn't take it so would choose to leave on their own. Again, I like the banter. I don't expect anyone here to truly be my "friend or loved one" (though have made a few friends). Some people come here and get all bent out of shape because people were mean to them or something.

Anyway, should any of them come back? Maybe. Though some, I think were banned for life. Others... sure they could come back... but if past behavior predicts future behavior, they wouldn't last long.

Sorry... once again a verbose post (VP).

Cat toys. I feel bad some of them got banned. I also enjoyed the banter. And tried to give several chances to “learn”

Though the one the called me a c*** in anger is still here. Lol. Did their time, things are cool.

Anyway, you are correct not cool to talk about someone who can’t respond. So I shall lock the thread.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)