Forums: Relationships:
Woman Talk

Low self esteem and how I cured mine.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bellatrix On February 04, 2010

azkaban, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 21:55:09
I am a housewife and mother of four children and a year ago I felt at rock bottom and started to have major body issues, I don't know if it was because of all the beautiful women you see on magazine
covers but I know it didn't help. I felt really mumsy and almost as if I had forgotten the woman I used to be.

My husband told me I was beautiful and how much he loved me but I didn't feel good about me.
A friend and I decided to go to a boudoir photography session but when it came to it, I just couldn't afford it(?300.00).
Not to be put off, I decided to see if I could do this myself at home. I had no photographic experience but I wanted to see if I could create a studio feel to my pictures, so using the self timer facility on my camera and a photo program I had on the computer. I was amazed at my achievement and my husband was completely blown away.
I told my friend what I had done and showed her how to take some of herself, she said it was the best therapy she had ever had as she has suffered with low self esteem for years. This has changed my life and how I see myself. With the help of my husband who made a web site for me, I am trying to help other women who want to feel good about themselves whatever their age.Take a look at my gallery on <link edited out by mod> and see if it inspires you to do something positive for yourself. Bellatrix X

Would be really interested to find out what other things women have done to overcome self esteem issues?
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 21:56:50
What is "boudoir photography", it sounds naughty.

azkaban, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:03:56
It is non explicit provocative photography which you can do at home your self to give to your partner as a gift or keep for your self.
yellowsubgirly3 On December 09, 2010

Lakewood, Colorado
#4New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:04:08
@x_Laura_x Said

What is "boudoir photography", it sounds naughty.

I think it is nude photography?
Not sure though. I do enjoy her idea of a photoshoot!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:04:10
Counselling helped for me.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:05:11
I think retail therapy can be good for improving self esteem, though it is only temporary.
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#7New Post! Jan 19, 2010 @ 22:12:47
Yeah, no advertising on the forums.
Rose16 On February 25, 2010

#8New Post! Feb 02, 2010 @ 03:17:21
I think that i have really low self esteem and it is sometimes affecting my friendship and my grades (but not dramatically). I have my good days and my bad days, but in my classes i am not comfortable speaking and i am usually really quiet. I think I am just really sensitive or something. If I accidentally hurt someone's feelings it can hurt me even worse because I get mad at myself for hurting them.
And sometimes people say good stuff about me but when I hear if someone said bad stuff about me then it can really get to me...
In school I don't push myself and do challenges if it involves revealing too much about myself or talking/reading in front of people.

azkaban, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 04, 2010 @ 10:18:39
Hi Rose,
I'm sorry you feel so low at times, I myself have always been a very sensitive person, I think you will find that your confidence will grow as you get older, I always tell my girls if you have a smile on your face and look confident (even if you don,t feel it)you will attract happy people, I feel people tend to steer clear of others who look miserable rather than trying to cheer them up, body language tells others if you are hiding yourself try and walk tall to give a look of confidence, my daughter who was terribly shy used to practice reading and talking outload in front of a mirror, this eventually led to her taking part in a public speaking competition which she won, she really amazed herself, try this confidence tip for yourself. We naturally want everyone to like us so we always feel bad when people say unkind things about us, quite often other kids will say mean things for no reason other than jealousy. Even as an adult theirs usually someone who has something unkind to say, but as an adult you learn to deal with things better and don't let it hurt you so much.
Rose16 On February 25, 2010

#10New Post! Feb 07, 2010 @ 23:36:07
Thanks so much Bellatrix
Yeah I guess confidence really helps because I know this girl who always looks really confident and happy and she is really popular.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs