Love or Hate

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#16New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 16:54:04
@MadCornishBiker Said

Matthew 5:43 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect".

The above is one of the marks of a true Christian. How can killing people for whatever reason or on however's orders comply with that?

It can't, simple as that.

Also, what more evidence do you need of a loving God than his giving even the unrighteous, and to continue to provide them with what they need, so they can learn the error of their ways?

Just say thank you
when your bible is by your bedside not in the bonfire.
Just say Thank You
when you can say Matthew 5:43 out loud.
Just say Thank You
When speak of your religion with out fear.
Did God alone defeat those who would take this away from you?
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 17:09:19
@restoreone Said

Just say thank you
when your bible is by your bedside not in the bonfire.
Just say Thank You
when you can say Matthew 5:43 out loud.
Just say Thank You
When speak of your religion with out fear.
Did God alone defeat those who would take this away from you?

Yes He did, as it happens because he created the circumstances where that could happen, though I don't expect you to recognise God's hand in it.

He always protects His people, any nation that turns on them is doomed. In fact that will probably be what triggers the final destruction of all of Satan's world Governments and ushers in the rule of God's Kingdom over the earth at Armageddon. That is certainly one of the final signs in the run up to that momentous day.

No-one can ever take it away from me because it si in my head. Hitler never succeeded because God did His usual trick and made him mad. That was what defeated Hitler, nothing else. Even if the allies hadn't attacked he was doomed.

No will I ever shrink back from speaking of my faith through fear. As Jesus said "fear not he who can kill the body, rather fear Him who can destroy both body and soul." If I were to die tomorrow for speaking out, I would get a resurrection after Armageddon, so what have I to lose?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 01:02:37
@Electric_Banana Said

I personally don't think there is a true intentional evil but a lot of suffering is caused because of people looking to find and mistaking it in others.

Misconceptions due to warped perceptions of only partially understood concepts that are not commonly disclosed for good reason.

This is all the base catalyst for people losing care and concern for others which leads to greed and empires that feed on the weak.

I think it would be more appropriate, rather than denying the actual existence of evil, to rechristen it as that mechanism of outlashing upon others. It's realistic, I believe, to label as evil that tendency to project our own self hatred or introspective pain upon other individuals who have done nothing to deserve being inflicted with it.

When you call something a "base catalyst for people losing care and concern for others, leading to greed and empires that feed on the weak"...beyond being somewhat macrocosmic...to me that describes something that is evil in and of itself.

How we deal with that evil and our treatment of it is another issue, but I think to deny that evil actually exists is at best myopic and at worst dangerously careless.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#19New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 01:50:33
@Eaglebauer Said

I think it would be more appropriate, rather than denying the actual existence of evil, to rechristen it as that mechanism of outlashing upon others. It's realistic, I believe, to label as evil that tendency to project our own self hatred or introspective pain upon other individuals who have done nothing to deserve being inflicted with it.

When you call something a "base catalyst for people losing care and concern for others, leading to greed and empires that feed on the weak"...beyond being somewhat macrocosmic...to me that describes something that is evil in and of itself.

How we deal with that evil and our treatment of it is another issue, but I think to deny that evil actually exists is at best myopic and at worst dangerously careless.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i36.tinypic.com/2uduts3.jpg">
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 01:54:01
@TenaciousDave Said

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i36.tinypic.com/2uduts3.jpg">

TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#21New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 02:00:27

Banned

#22New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 15:13:07

You need to rearrange your monkeys, lol.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#23New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 05:07:41
@MadCornishBiker Said

Matthew 5:43 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect".

The above is one of the marks of a true Christian. How can killing people for whatever reason or on however's orders comply with that?

It can't, simple as that.

Also, what more evidence do you need of a loving God than his giving even the unrighteous, and to continue to provide them with what they need, so they can learn the error of their ways?

5 And when [e]Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, 6 and saying, “[f]Lord, my [g]servant is [h]lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented.” 7 Jesus *said to him, “I will come and heal him.” 8 But the centurion said, “Lord I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just [j]say the word, and my [k]servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” 10 Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith [l]with anyone in Israel. 11 I say to you that many will come from east and west, and [m]recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; [n]it shall be done for you as you have believed.” And the [o]servant was healed that very [p]moment.

Notice Jesus did not say to the centurion "I will heal your servant when your enlistment is up."

Banned

#24New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 07:56:10
@Glenn Said

5 And when [e]Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, 6 and saying, “[f]Lord, my [g]servant is [h]lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented.” 7 Jesus *said to him, “I will come and heal him.” 8 But the centurion said, “Lord I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just [j]say the word, and my [k]servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” 10 Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith [l]with anyone in Israel. 11 I say to you that many will come from east and west, and [m]recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; [n]it shall be done for you as you have believed.” And the [o]servant was healed that very [p]moment.

Notice Jesus did not say to the centurion "I will heal your servant when your enlistment is up."

Notice also that he didn't say "I will heal you". The servant was in the service of his master, not of the government.

On top of that Christ didn't tell him to "sin no more" as there was no prospect of that happening.

You need to take notice of what the early Christians did or didn't do, not some non Christian, non Jewish soldier.

Of course you are desperate for a way you out though aren't you. The point being that you are blood guilty for all the lives you have taken "at enmity", and will remain so until you repent from doing so and for serving Satan through his governmental authorities. God is allowing them to stand for the time being, until His kingdom is extended to cover the whole earth, and those serving those governments will fall with them. It is something well worth doing, believe me.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#25New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 15:48:30
@MadCornishBiker Said

Notice also that he didn't say "I will heal you". The servant was in the service of his master, not of the government.

On top of that Christ didn't tell him to "sin no more" as there was no prospect of that happening.

You need to take notice of what the early Christians did or didn't do, not some non Christian, non Jewish soldier.

Of course you are desperate for a way you out though aren't you. The point being that you are blood guilty for all the lives you have taken "at enmity", and will remain so until you repent from doing so and for serving Satan through his governmental authorities. God is allowing them to stand for the time being, until His kingdom is extended to cover the whole earth, and those serving those governments will fall with them. It is something well worth doing, believe me.

I recognize my guilt and that is why I will enter ... If you refuse to forgive me ... you will not enter. So it is you with the problem not me.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#26New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 16:01:15
@MadCornishBiker Said

Wow this comes off sounding like a judgemental and angry. Aren't you the one who has been divorced three times? I'm sure your own sin and character flaws played no part in any of their dissolution.
Instead of sounding like a beggar, emploring god's forgiveness for your NUMEROUS past transgressions, you sound more like you've established yourself as judge, jury, and executioner over Glen's life simply because of what he does for a living. You sound like no christian I've ever known.

Btw you still have not addressed Romans 13. There is no government except the ones in which god himself has established, how then can they all be evil? Your narrow minded, biased interpretation of the bible is not the only one, nor do you know the mind of god.

Banned

#27New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 16:37:02
@Glenn Said

I recognize my guilt and that is why I will enter ... If you refuse to forgive me ... you will not enter. So it is you with the problem not me.

It is not my place to either forgive you or not to do so. Only Jesus has the ability to forgive such guilt, and he will only do so if you turn away from serving Satan's governments like all true Christians do. If you continue carrying on in the sin you say you recognise then you run the risk of being found to have committed sin against the Holy Spirit, sin for which there is no forgiveness left, as scripture assures us.

Being aware of your guilt is not enough, if you are aware of it but do not turn back from it, the above Sin against Holy Spirit applies, forgiveness only applies to those truly repentant and willing to demonstrate that forgiveness.

So I have no problem, especially as I have warned you of the consequences of not turning around. Had I not done so I would be blood guilty for keeping quiet.

I have shown my willingness to forgive you for any sin by warning you, if I didn't care I would happily let you go down to destruction, and would most likely do so myself for that lack of love for fellow man.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#28New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 17:14:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

It is not my place to either forgive you or not to do so. Only Jesus has the ability to forgive such guilt, and he will only do so if you turn away from serving Satan's governments like all true Christians do. If you continue carrying on in the sin you say you recognise then you run the risk of being found to have committed sin against the Holy Spirit, sin for which there is no forgiveness left, as scripture assures us.

Being aware of your guilt is not enough, if you are aware of it but do not turn back from it, the above Sin against Holy Spirit applies, forgiveness only applies to those truly repentant and willing to demonstrate that forgiveness.

So I have no problem, especially as I have warned you of the consequences of not turning around. Had I not done so I would be blood guilty for keeping quiet.

I have shown my willingness to forgive you for any sin by warning you, if I didn't care I would happily let you go down to destruction, and would most likely do so myself for that lack of love for fellow man.

And you have warned me ... So why do you keep bringing it up unless you are unwilling to forgive me?

Luke 11

Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer

1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
 2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
   for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#29New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 17:19:47
And besides from...

https://www.gotquestions.org/military-Christian.html

In the New Testament, Jesus marveled when a Roman centurion (an officer in charge of one hundred soldiers) approached Him. The centurion’s response to Jesus indicated his clear understanding of authority, as well as his faith in Jesus (Matthew 8:5-13). Jesus did not denounce his career. Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character (Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47; Acts 10:1; 21:32; 28:16).
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#30New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 17:32:38
Glenn why do youy even bother justifying yourself to this guy?

Do your duty, treat no one with malice, do not judge, be honest and forthright, and know that it's not acts that save you but your faith in christ.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs