The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

Losing weight ... losing the will to live!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
beccawatson On June 03, 2011

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:10:22
so here's the thing ...

over the past year I've put on about two or three stone!! gross!!! we've just booked a holiday for this august and i want to get into a healthy eating routine because i want to lose a couple of stone before then ... i only started this a few days ago but the temptation of wanting a glass of wine or a bar of chocolate is so hard!!!

i work from 8am until 5pm, but i usually don't finish until nearer 6 ... by that time I'm so too lazy to go to the gym for an hour because i know i won't get in until about half seven and have to start cooking tea.

Ive been walking to work and back most days over the last couple of weeks but i haven't really noticed any difference at all in my weight.

i need motivating!!!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:16:54
Motivating is important, but you also need to not be so hard on yourself! Being super strict and beating yourself up for sneaking a bit of chocolate here and there is one of the surest ways to doom a diet to failure.

Is it possible in your schedule to get up early and exercise before work? That would not only make it easier for you, but it would also kick up your endorphines early on and give you a boost of energy through your day.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:17:43
Also-- dark chocolate in small amounts is good for you!
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:38:34
@beccawatson Said

so here's the thing ...

over the past year I've put on about two or three stone!! gross!!! we've just booked a holiday for this august and i want to get into a healthy eating routine because i want to lose a couple of stone before then ... i only started this a few days ago but the temptation of wanting a glass of wine or a bar of chocolate is so hard!!!

i work from 8am until 5pm, but i usually don't finish until nearer 6 ... by that time I'm so too lazy to go to the gym for an hour because i know i won't get in until about half seven and have to start cooking tea.

Ive been walking to work and back most days over the last couple of weeks but i haven't really noticed any difference at all in my weight.

i need motivating!!!

It's all about a life style change. Get the "D" word out of your head. Do you drink any sugared soft drinks? Stop those. Eat more fresh foods and shy away from processed foods. You can exercise anywhere, you don't need a gym so that excuse won't hamper you. Be kind to yourself.

J.R.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#5New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:40:30
I'm on Weight Watchers and I do workout DVDs 4-5 times a week. I do Leslien Sansone and Jillian Michaels. I have lost 7.5 pounds in a month!!
Just walking won't do much as walking alone doesn't burn alot of calories. You need to watch what you eat and do strength training intervals if your doctor says it's OK to do.
Take my advice witha grain of salt as I'm just going by what other people do and stuff I've read. I'm not a doctor or a PT.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 11:43:35
I used to do the gym and the beach nearly every day in my teens but nowadays, give me a good paycheck and beer store and all that exercise is made futile, so I just let it hang and wobble.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:34:20
@plebian_angel Said

Take my advice witha grain of salt as I'm just going by what other people do and stuff I've read. I'm not a doctor or a PT.

Maybe you aren't, but you gave sound advice!
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#8New Post! Apr 21, 2011 @ 13:13:06
@Eaglebauer Said

Also-- dark chocolate in small amounts is good for you!

Although that's true, some people simply can't do small amounts; one taste, and it's the whole container. lol
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs