Forums:
Health & Fitness

Living with Chronic Pain

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Dec 31, 2009 @ 10:44:39
https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/tc/chronic-pain-topic-overview

No one thinks they need this information until it happens to them. I spent a long time in denial until I could no longer work, my family was sick of me and I couldn't walk, I crawled to the bathroom. Regular thinGs for other people were major tasks for me and I thought I had just grown Lazy. Most people think nothing of brushing their teeth; me, I'd sit on the edge of the bed trying to make myself move for up to a half hour. Combing my hair, taking a shower, making the bed were suddenly similar to running a marathon. I'd take anything that I could to get rid of the pain, I was a Ny Quil junkie. The drs. said there was nothing wrong with me and I knew there was. It's been 20 years but I did find a dr., got treatment and those times are now very rare. I've heard a lot of people questioning about this and I try to answer questions reminding them that I'm not a dr. Read the link for more info please.
Pain that lasts for more than three months is considered chronic and can happen for any number of reasons.
It will take a doctor's care to get to the why?

Common symptoms-
very bad pain that does not go away
pain that is shooting, strong or electrical
soreness, tightness, or stiffness.

This can lead to depression so it must be diagnosed properly. If you don't seek help your immune system may get compromised leaving you unable to fight illness.
Tips for helping to cope
1. Learning deep breathing and meditation.
2. Try to reduce stress in your life. Stress makes the pain worse.
3. Exercise
4. Cut back on alcohol/ it worsens sleep problems.
5. Join a support group.
I AM NOT A MEDICAL DR. THESE ARE THINGS I'VE LEARNED OVER TWENTY YRS. THE LINK IS VERY HELPFUL.
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#2New Post! Jan 07, 2010 @ 00:04:01
Have you tried Acupuncture, by a licensed professional, a lot of people have experienced immediate relief when they tried it.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#3New Post! Jan 07, 2010 @ 00:08:09
@Thranduil Said

Have you tried Acupuncture, by a licensed professional, a lot of people have experienced immediate relief when they tried it.

Yes. It didn't
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs