The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Live Longer or does it just feel longer?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:09:43
I was wondering do we all live longer these days or is it just that life feels to be lasting a lot longer because of all the nice things you are not supposed to eat or do.
Is it better to live your life and enjoy it or to stick by all the rules told to us by "experts" and be bored into a stupour.
queenofhearts On December 16, 2009

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:12:51
I don't stick to all the rules if we did then we would'nt be living the life we are living.

There advice is dont smoke,drink,eat healthy and is it really worth following all that advice
pickway On February 16, 2011

Maidstone, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:13:53
A while ago i'd have said stick to the rules, but i've known many people who have done that and died young or had a miserable life. So i now say if you want something go get it
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:17:17
My old doctor used to say that there area lot of experts who make a living making up advice they never stick to themselves.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:51:00
Following the advice of nutrition experts, unsurprisingly, makes you feel so much happier and healthier. That feeling is ten times better than the pleasure of eating an 1800-calorie meal.

We all give in sometimes, but nothing compares to how good it feels when you're on a healthy, balanced diet.

It's not like you have to choose between "fun stuff that shortens your life" and "boring stuff that makes you live longer." That sort of false dichotomy has no basis in reality. It's just not like that.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#6New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 13:20:50
@jonnythan Said
Following the advice of nutrition experts, unsurprisingly, makes you feel so much happier and healthier. That feeling is ten times better than the pleasure of eating an 1800-calorie meal.

We all give in sometimes, but nothing compares to how good it feels when you're on a healthy, balanced diet.

It's not like you have to choose between "fun stuff that shortens your life" and "boring stuff that makes you live longer." That sort of false dichotomy has no basis in reality. It's just not like that.

Agreed..
or if you must cheat, do it in moderation..
I've found that as soon as I deviate from that method, that's when I feel like crap. And could very well then see myself not living a very long life if I were to continue down that path.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 15:16:54
@loveis Said
Agreed..
or if you must cheat, do it in moderation..
I've found that as soon as I deviate from that method, that's when I feel like crap. And could very well then see myself not living a very long life if I were to continue down that path.

I'm with you on the topic of food and for me, good food is what I crave.
I don't follow the rules so much as do what makes life worth living to me. I want to feel good, be healthy, be able to play tennis with my son when he's 30 and keep doing the things that I love even when I'm old. If that means no smoking, getting some exercise and swithching beer for red wine...hey, doesn't sound so bad to me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs