Forums:
Random

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
inZane On April 12, 2009

#1New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:23:57
I think those three things make the USA on of the best countries ever.
Which do you think if most important though?

Well of course life is important, but I love that in this country, you can be whatever you want to be and whoever you want to be, no matter what race, gender, sexuality, religion, creed, ect. you are. And IMO, I think President Obama made that more realistic for a lot of people in America.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#2New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:33:09
it seems when people come live her from another country, they tell you how wonderful it is here.what does that mean??
Guess they can say it better. I hope it dont mean we take from out own and give much to illegals.
LordDaem On May 08, 2012

Wallington, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:38:13
To be honest, American's like you are cool (no offence). You love your country, and so you should. But sorry about this, I have to rant about the small group of American's that piss me off.

Because then you get overly stupid American's who hate Obama because he is an "Arab". Excuse me, he is mixed race, not an Arab. And I still can't belive that just because of the way he looks, some people think he is a Muslim.

Ok rant over...sorry about that. I do love the USA, and I do think its one of the greatest countries in the world, but sometimes the minority ruin it for the majority
inZane On April 12, 2009

#4New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:39:02
@Allyson Said

it seems when people come live her from another country, they tell you how wonderful it is here.what does that mean??
Guess they can say it better. I hope it dont mean we take from out own and give much to illegals.

I don't think it means that. Even back in the 17-1800s people were ove joyed to be here. There is just so much opportunity, freedom and unity here.

You cant get that everywhere.

And a lot of us Americans take that for granted. I live up to all of my rights, and I will not let any soldier who has died for our country die in vain. (whether I agree with the war or not is beside the point).

And keep in mind, not every immigrant is illegal.

Deleted

, Michigan
#5New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:40:47
what does what a few people say about Obama have any thing to do with people liking our counrty.or any reason why it is or is not a great place
inZane On April 12, 2009

#6New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:44:40
@LordDaem Said

To be honest, American's like you are cool (no offence). You love your country, and so you should. But sorry about this, I have to rant about the small group of American's that piss me off.

Because then you get overly stupid American's who hate Obama because he is an "Arab". Excuse me, he is mixed race, not an Arab. And I still can't belive that just because of the way he looks, some people think he is a Muslim.

Ok rant over...sorry about that. I do love the USA, and I do think its one of the greatest countries in the world, but sometimes the minority ruin it for the majority

No, I totall get where you're coming from. Those people piss my the hell off too. It's like, come on, you live in the greatest country ever. QUIT COMPLAINING.

There are many people who are very racist, sexist, ect. and do not accept pople that are different. Those peeps need to get over themselves and learn a little word called: TOLERANCE.
And they better get used to it, becuase a minority is in office and the minorities are going to rise up and conquer Lol!!
Okay. Maybe not THAT dramatically, but I hope b/c Obama is in office, it will open a new window of opportunity for EVERYONE:

Black, white, asian, hispanic, gay, straight, man, woman, ANYTHING.
LordDaem On May 08, 2012

#7New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:45:28
@Allyson Said

what does what a few people say about Obama have any thing to do with people liking our counrty.or any reason why it is or is not a great place

Because even though a black president has been elected, it shows how racist the country still is. I mean look at the KKK, they are a political party with THOUSANDS of members across the USA.
inZane On April 12, 2009

#8New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:48:03
@Allyson Said

I don't think he was saying tht, but those people who ARE like that, make themselves known (unfortunatly) and it does turn some people off.

A lot of countries don't like us for whatev reason. Whether it's our habits, attitude, whateverrrr...

I think it was cool that he recognizes that there are people who do't live up to the "typical american" stereotype. Not everyone can do that... some american can't even do that!

Deleted

, Michigan
#9New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:49:14
what!!!!!now that is racist thinking.
inZane On April 12, 2009

#10New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:51:19
@Allyson Said

what!!!!!now that is racist thinking.

What? I didn't find anything said to be racist...

Deleted

, Michigan
#11New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 20:53:33
@LordDaem Said

Because even though a black president has been elected, it shows how racist the country still is. I mean look at the KKK, they are a political party with THOUSANDS of members across the USA.

sorry it was this post that was racist
LordDaem On May 08, 2012

#12New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:00:40
@Allyson Said

sorry it was this post that was racist

No, that wasn't racist..that was stating a FACT. Its showing that in fact I think the KKK are a bunch of t***s (and how can a white person be racist against a large group of WHITE people)?

Deleted

, Michigan
#13New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:04:27
@LordDaem Said

No, that wasn't racist..that was stating a FACT. Its showing that in fact I think the KKK are a bunch of t***s (and how can a white person be racist against a large group of WHITE people)?

what does the KKK have anything to do with any thing. they have been around longer than I am alive.and guess what,A president that is both black and white made it as president made it,doesnt give them much power or maybe more of a old myth, that ought to prove you the american dream lol
LordDaem On May 08, 2012

#14New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:06:37
@Allyson Said

what does the KKK have anything to do with any thing. they have been around longer than I am alive.and guess what,A president that is both black and white made it as president made it,doesnt give them much power or maybe more of a old myth, that ought to prove you the american dream lol

I was only saying how a FEW American's ruin America for me. I wasn't insulting America or the American dream (thats why on my first post I said I loved america)
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#15New Post! Nov 19, 2008 @ 21:08:53
I think Obama is the principal target of these ideals.

Think about it... Would his rise in influence even be possible 200 years ago? hell even 30 years ago? I don't think so. Finaly america is practicing what it preaches, to the rest of the world.

He is the example what you can do when you put your mind to it in this country. Its amazing, breath taking, hope inspiring to the rest of america that someone like him could become president. To think this is how far we have come as a people and a country just brings a tear to my eye.

You need to have a heart of stone to not see the huge accomplishment this represents as a nation and a free people.

Truely awe inspiring. Truely.

I can say with all sincerity I am proud to be an American.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs