Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#16New Post! Apr 28, 2020 @ 02:45:30
What confuses me is
without any guidelines or rules what so ever
what would drive me to go and harass another existing with me in whatever setting we found ourselves in.

ie;

Existing is only Bob and myself
Our home is space; we just stupidly tumble through it aimlessly

Do I really need a set of rules explaining to me that it wouldn't be lucrative or practical to float my way over to Bob and start fondling his genitals?

That's a great question. The answer is found in the philosophy of Anarchy. There is absolutely no reason to believe that everyone would run around raping and murdering people if suddenly there was no government. Unless, of course, the person believing that would be a person doing that. By that I mean self projection.

This is what Anarchist philosophy is all about. We don't need a government for anything. If someone breaks into your neighbors house you know he doesn't belong there so you go over and detain him. If someone's house catches on fire, everyone helps put it out and so forth. It's an interesting and idealistic philosophy.

People who run countries don't like this kind of thinking however. Suddenly they would have no value. The idea that everyone would run around acting like animals therefore permeates public thought through media, movies, books, video games. When the Battle for Seattle was going on a group of so called "Anarchists" shot up the Starbucks. There was no reason for this. It gave the Globalists something to paint a black mark on the protests with. It was sabotage.

I am not an Anarchist, but I do have respect for their philosophy.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Apr 28, 2020 @ 11:46:56
@4d4m Said

That's a great question. The answer is found in the philosophy of Anarchy. There is absolutely no reason to believe that everyone would run around raping and murdering people if suddenly there was no government. Unless, of course, the person believing that would be a person doing that. By that I mean self projection.

This is what Anarchist philosophy is all about. We don't need a government for anything. If someone breaks into your neighbors house you know he doesn't belong there so you go over and detain him. If someone's house catches on fire, everyone helps put it out and so forth. It's an interesting and idealistic philosophy.

People who run countries don't like this kind of thinking however. Suddenly they would have no value. The idea that everyone would run around acting like animals therefore permeates public thought through media, movies, books, video games. When the Battle for Seattle was going on a group of so called "Anarchists" shot up the Starbucks. There was no reason for this. It gave the Globalists something to paint a black mark on the protests with. It was sabotage.

One way to screw up a grand idea is to inject Man into it.
Edited: April 28, 2020 @ 11:47

4dforum.org,
#18New Post! Apr 29, 2020 @ 18:07:01
Well put mrmhead. By the way, who the hell is BOB?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Apr 29, 2020 @ 19:54:09
@4d4m Said

Well put mrmhead. By the way, who the hell is BOB?

Bob is the name of the guy with no arms and no legs that went swimming.

<groan>
Darkman666 On about 18 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Apr 29, 2020 @ 20:24:21
@mrmhead Said

Bob is the name of the guy with no arms and no legs that went swimming.

<groan>

i thought a man with no arms and no legs, who plays baseball. they use called the man, bob. now, everyone knows: him as first base !
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#21New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 12:14:12
@4d4m Said

It is impossible to enforce morality, and more often then not those attempting to do so are themselves completely amoral.

Thanks for the great reply.

I pulled this quote because I do not agree with your view.

What came to mind when reading was a tribe in South America that isolates it's virgin girls together to insure that they are not pestered by the men.

I do not see them enforcing their morality as amoral. More like moral.

How did you land on amoral?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#22New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 12:21:51
@dihctatr Said

athiests lose the joy of sabbath day\

I did not when I was not a Gnostic Christian.

The roads had a lot less traffic and I could get to the fishing hole a lot faster. That was a happy day for me.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#23New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 12:29:47
@Electric_Banana Said

What confuses me is
without any guidelines or rules what so ever
what would drive me to go and harass another existing with me in whatever setting we found ourselves in.

ie;

Existing is only Bob and myself
Our home is space; we just stupidly tumble through it aimlessly

Do I really need a set of rules explaining to me that it wouldn't be lucrative or practical to float my way over to Bob and start fondling his genitals?

Our instincts are always with us and they give us a set of rules right from birth.

Jesus wanted to scrap all rules except for the rules of love for our neighbor.

That works in the rest of the animal world but I cannot see it working for us as we are too intelligent. Animals can be sneaky and we are the best at that.

Given our intelligence, a set of written laws may help us mature faster by questioning the rule earlier in life. IDK.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#24New Post! May 06, 2020 @ 12:39:02
@4d4m Said

What if he is there collecting a debt that the other guy does not want to pay because he thinks he was cheated?

Jail, courts etc need governance.

Even the smallest tribes have a king. Not anarchy.

You and I might like the idea of anarchy and freedom, but we as a species have given up any idea of freedom for the security of the person that governance brings. Security beat out freedom and anarchy.

Regards
DL

4dforum.org,
#25New Post! May 07, 2020 @ 03:11:30
@GreatestIam2 Said

Thanks for the great reply.

I pulled this quote because I do not agree with your view.

What came to mind when reading was a tribe in South America that isolates it's virgin girls together to insure that they are not pestered by the men.

I do not see them enforcing their morality as amoral. More like moral.

How did you land on amoral?

Regards
DL

By this I am referring to historical mass murderers, torturers (basically sadists) who have been in charge of major religions. But not in an all inclusive way. That's why the qualifier "more often than not."

I'm not sure I agree with the South American tribe or not. Is it the Yanamamo? Most of their marriage and mating is designed around the low population and the need to avoid inbreeding. Men from one of the clans (7 if I remember correctly) have to marry women from the next clan over. The men from that clan the women from the farther one and so on in a big circle. In this way they spread out the genes. Quite ingenious if you'll excuse the pun. I think we can say in this case the intent of the rule is genuine.

4dforum.org,
#26New Post! May 07, 2020 @ 03:13:37
@GreatestIam2 Said

What if he is there collecting a debt that the other guy does not want to pay because he thinks he was cheated?

Jail, courts etc need governance.

Even the smallest tribes have a king. Not anarchy.

You and I might like the idea of anarchy and freedom, but we as a species have given up any idea of freedom for the security of the person that governance brings. Security beat out freedom and anarchy.

Regards
DL

I completely agree. It's an interesting and idealistic philosophy, but I doubt it would ever work.

Ottawa, Canada
#27New Post! May 07, 2020 @ 17:18:36
@4d4m Said

By this I am referring to historical mass murderers, torturers (basically sadists) who have been in charge of major religions. But not in an all inclusive way. That's why the qualifier "more often than not."

I'm not sure I agree with the South American tribe or not. Is it the Yanamamo? Most of their marriage and mating is designed around the low population and the need to avoid inbreeding. Men from one of the clans (7 if I remember correctly) have to marry women from the next clan over. The men from that clan the women from the farther one and so on in a big circle. In this way they spread out the genes. Quite ingenious if you'll excuse the pun. I think we can say in this case the intent of the rule is genuine.

It was not the Yanamamo but was some other South American tribe. I have forgotten their name and could not find it.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#28New Post! May 10, 2020 @ 00:58:08
@GreatestIam2 Said

Our instincts are always with us and they give us a set of rules right from birth.

Jesus wanted to scrap all rules except for the rules of love for our neighbor.

That works in the rest of the animal world but I cannot see it working for us as we are too intelligent. Animals can be sneaky and we are the best at that.

Given our intelligence, a set of written laws may help us mature faster by questioning the rule earlier in life. IDK.

Regards
DL

That still suggests that I would be compelled to exploit or cannibalize a second party in some manner - I have to be honest; nearing fifty years of age I have never felt that kind of entitlement, selfishness or disregard.

Ottawa, Canada
#29New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 17:55:21
@Electric_Banana Said

That still suggests that I would be compelled to exploit or cannibalize a second party in some manner - I have to be honest; nearing fifty years of age I have never felt that kind of entitlement, selfishness or disregard.

You have never questioned the veracity of the laws that are imposed on you?

I find that strange.

Then again, that is what believers do and they are the majority and have settled for a genocidal god that they somehow see as good.

I think we should always keep questioning what is imposed by a second party, be it a god or a government.

Questioning the status quo is how we improve things.

Regards
DL
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#30New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 21:49:23
I prefer to remain a lapsed Catholic.

I know what the church I was brought up in wants me to be. I know what it thinks I should believe in. I know what penalties it believes will fall upon me for not "keeping the faith".

And in the full knowledge of what I'm doing, I choose not to follow that faith.

I don't need to believe in anything as a faith in order to live what I consider to be a morally sound life.

I sleep well at night without religion and wake ready for the day ahead with my own plans in my own mind.

I care not one jot what religious people do. They go their way and I go mine. It really is that simple.

I'm perfectly at ease without religion of any sort whatsoever to get in the way of my life.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs