Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#1New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 23:47:27
https://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25048063-2702,00.html

This case has been going on for a couple of years in Australia. Most people felt that the couple were not entitled to anything and the courts agreed.
The decision has been overturned and the doctor found guilty.
Your thoughts?
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#2New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 23:53:14
Absolutely disgraceful mercenary b****es

These kids are reduced to being a "burden" rather than people to be loved.
So their relationship suffered following giving birth? Awww diddums, that is very common, get over it.

If anything this has reinforced the conclusion that maybe nature was right - they would have been unable to give birth unless "dad" arrived in a jam jar.
inZane On April 12, 2009

#3New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 23:54:31
Totally wrong. Everyone knows the risks of IVF, a lot of times, the embryo (when implanted) splits. They KNEW they were having twins before the twins were born, they had PLENTY of time to abort one of the embryos if they felt they didn't want 2.

THEIR OWN FAULT. NOT THE DOCTORS...
money hungry b****es...
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 23:58:37
Taking care of two children isn't so bad that it should destroy a relationship, for goodness sake. My mum managed to raise twins on her own without ripping her hair out. I imagine that having a partner would have HELPED the situation.

Considering the details, it seems that it was a miscommunication that resulted in them having twins. As such, I dont think that the doctor should have been punished or made to pay for the care of the other kids, especially since they seem to be on pretty good wages anyway!
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 00:02:20
Well, if they requested one and the doctor gave them two then I can kinda see maybe why they might be a little pissed, but now those babies are just being used as a way to get money that they don't really deserve.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 00:06:02
@x_Laura_x Said

Well, if they requested one and the doctor gave them two then I can kinda see maybe why they might be a little pissed, but now those babies are just being used as a way to get money that they don't really deserve.

That's the joke though. They only said so minutes before implantation - nothing was said previously, although they had plenty of opportunities. So, technically, it's their own fault!

They should just love their babies instead of thinking about money all the time, when they're clearly on good wages and can afford to spend money on a court case.

I can't believe the Australian justice system has worked out such a disappointing conclusion (in my opinion)
metal4life On April 25, 2012

South Jersey,
#7New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 00:59:25
I'm sure you have heard of the lesbian couple that raised enough commotion in one of the New England states that they voted for gay marriage.Now they're getting divorced. What the hell. They scream long and loud so the state government approved gay marriage, now this. Why the hell did they pass the law for anyway?? So gay couples can tie up the legal system and then tie it up somemore??I don't have anything against gay marriage except this.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 01:24:09
It's just tipical of our Legal System,she signed a paper saying she wanted two and then claims she said only one.

I can see what would have happened if she did only get 1,they would have still sued the doctor because of what was on the paper she signed,the Doctor was in a Catch 22 situation,because they had planned to do,what they have done,and now he's the one out of pocket.

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 01:31:43
@rider Said

It's just tipical of our Legal System,she signed a paper saying she wanted two and then claims she said only one.

I can see what would have happened if she did only get 1,they would have still sued the doctor because of what was on the paper she signed,the Doctor was in a Catch 22 situation,because they had planned to do,what they have done,and now he's the one out of pocket.

Yep. Agreed.
I guess the thing that bothered me about this finding is that heterosexual couples get pregnant with twins and triplets everyday.
Children should be a blessing - not a legal minefield.
I can't help but wonder how parents who have struggled unsuccessfully for years to get pregnant would feel about this case.
I don't have an issue with lesbians trying to get pregnant through IVF. I do have an issue with same sex couples trying to cheat Mother Nature though. Hetero couples have been dealing with the unknowns of pregnancy since time began. You can't cheat Mother Nature - it's impossible. Why would lesbians think it would be any different for them?
Negligence is usually awarded where some harm has been caused. I fail to find any hardship in this situation for this couple. Needless to say, future IVF treatment should be refused for them. I'm sure though, they'll split up in time and decide they want more children with other people.
Most of this IVF is partially funded by the government & it makes you wonder how fair that is.

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Feb 15, 2009 @ 01:34:28
@metal4life Said

I'm sure you have heard of the lesbian couple that raised enough commotion in one of the New England states that they voted for gay marriage.Now they're getting divorced. What the hell. They scream long and loud so the state government approved gay marriage, now this. Why the hell did they pass the law for anyway?? So gay couples can tie up the legal system and then tie it up somemore??I don't have anything against gay marriage except this.

Well, if they have the right to married, they have the right to divorce too.
Like I've read someone say here, gay/lesbians have the legal right to be just as miserable as the rest of us lol.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013