Politics

Legalizing Marijuana

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
souperman On December 15, 2005

hanahan, South Carolina
#1New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 15:14:38
Why is marijuana still illegal does anybody know?
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#2New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 15:18:46
well the thing about polotitions is they will take a stand on something to get votes regardless of what they personally think. They are above the law to some degree so they never have to worry about that stuff.
I did here on the news however that denver decriminalized it.
souperman On December 15, 2005

hanahan, South Carolina
#3New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 15:22:05
Good, now were gettin somewhere..WEED IS NOT BAD... if you think it is dont smoke it nobody is making you..trust me.
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#4New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 16:34:12
@souperman Said
Good, now were gettin somewhere..WEED IS NOT BAD... if you think it is dont smoke it nobody is making you..trust me.

I smoke it every day, and any time this subject comes up no one usually has anything to say, but I do: I smoke weed, and I have never touched anything else, and never will. Weed is not a chemical substance.
brandofredtown On March 26, 2007

Deleted

fredericton, Canada
#5New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 17:33:55
Oh man...marijuana and I go wayyyyyyyy back...smoked it heavily for about 7 years...quit about 6 months ago...started smoking again about a month ago...it's not as addictive as most people would lead you to believe...I was smokin 20 or 25 j's a day for a long time...I wouldn't recommend that over a 6 year span...but if you use it in moderation and with class I see no problem with it...especially if you know the person who's growing it...as you know for sure it's not sprayed with windex or any of that other crap they use to make it seem more fresh and weighs up better for them...I really think I'll be smoking it when I'm an old man lying on my death bed with a huge smile across my face...lol...anytime I'm down marijuana temporarily helps me forget all my problems...I'd never do any other drug than hash which is from the cannabis plant so ideally it's the same thing...all the other drugs can lick my nutsssssssss...I'll stick to marijuana!

houston, Texas
#6New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 17:43:07
@brandofredtown Said
Oh man...marijuana and I go wayyyyyyyy back...smoked it heavily for about 7 years...quit about 6 months ago...started smoking again about a month ago...it's not as addictive as most people would lead you to believe...I was smokin 20 or 25 j's a day for a long time...I wouldn't recommend that over a 6 year span...but if you use it in moderation and with class I see no problem with it...especially if you know the person who's growing it...as you know for sure it's not sprayed with windex or any of that other crap they use to make it seem more fresh and weighs up better for them...I really think I'll be smoking it when I'm an old man lying on my death bed with a huge smile across my face...lol...anytime I'm down marijuana temporarily helps me forget all my problems...I'd never do any other drug than hash which is from the cannabis plant so ideally it's the same thing...all the other drugs can lick my nutsssssssss...I'll stick to marijuana!

i don't even like to refer to it as a drug, it is an herb
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 17:44:53
Good topic! It effects different people in different ways. I think this also has a lot to do with how it is treated and produced.

Marajuana produced for legal purposes is much better than any crap you buy off the street. Also in Amsterdam it is a completely different experience.

I CANT smoke it anymore because i get the fear and once you get it, its incredibly difficult to overcome. I figured that why do something that makes me feel so bad and scared.

I do have to point out though that it is linked to paranoia in some people and if you have underlying depression it really is not a good idea to use it.

Also when you are stoned all the time, you do not actually listen to anything really. You tend to do the same thing every night, watching the same film, having the same conversation and it is extremely boring if you are not stoned.

Is a personal thing really, some people can use it recreationally, some use it everyday, for some it is a start in a life long love affair with drugs which may end up in premature death. The thing is unless you try it you will not know how it will effect you.

I would not recommend that everyone go out and try it though that is NOT what i am saying.

I beleive that it is illegal because of the long term effects it may have on health services and mental health problems. There are a hell of a lot of depressed people out there and marajuana makes it a hell of a lot worse.

In Amsterdam they issue a warning that if you are suffering from depression you should not use marajuana.

It seems crazy that you can make a plant illegal, yet i believe it should be simply because on a world wide scale legalisation will increase mental illness.

Thats my 2c anyway
brandofredtown On March 26, 2007

Deleted

fredericton, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:02:45
I agree with you completely treebee..if I find my mind state isn't a healthy one I will not smoke as it does make my depression feel that much worse...but whenever I'm having a good day I see no better way of ending a good day with a goodnight puff...

When I was abusing the stuff I was extremely depressed and borderline suicidal...and the weed didn't help in that situation...it kinda just numbed the pain...but now that I am mentally healthy I have a great time when I'm high...just like it was when I started years ago...I'll just never let it get outta control again...I've seen the good side to pot and the bad side to pot...depending on your mental state it seems to effect you in different ways.

Oh and Cinnamin...thanks for the correction it is an herb...not a drug.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:05:04
I would use it again in Amsterdam, its different there with no heebeejeebees!

But i didnt have a bad time coming off it either, i just got the fear and as i say that was an easy way of coming off
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:09:33
I love the stuff but I wouldn't advocate the legalisation of it at all. It definately carries a certain amount of risk, especiallly for heavy users (like my housemate) and a lot of it does contain chemicals (they're the best ones!).

houston, Texas
#11New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:17:11
I just smoke about 4 or 5 puffs a day, and i don't have any problems.............I swear!.........................are you looking at me?..............I am not an animal..................."somewhere, over the rainbow"
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:18:23
All eyes on Cinnamin!

houston, Texas
#13New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:20:19
@shug Said
All eyes on Cinnamin!

Cinnamin curls up into fetal position and talks to self.

houston, Texas
#14New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:37:25
I just wanto say one more time I love you man!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#15New Post! Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:45:09
I tried it before and it didn't do anything for me.
I think the most harmful thing about marijuana is the fact that you pulling smoke into your lungs. Any kind of smoke is very bad for you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs