Politics

Left Wing or Right Wing - Sticking to Views

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:14:27
I find it somewhat interesting that some people who are left-wing or right-wing stick to the left-wing politics and ideas irrespective of anything else, similar to those who are right-wing. Ofcourse this could just be a coincidence, after all if someone is left-wing then their mindset is more likely to side with left-wing politics elsewhere, but I am beginning to suspect that this is not entirely the case.

I mean I see myself as quite left-wing, but there are a number of things I believe in which are normally supported or believed in by right-wing people. When having discussions about these particular issues with left minded people who don't know my general political viewpoints I am often startled with how quickly people jump on my and assume I am right-wing, support right-wing commentators and politicians etc.

Despite this I am sure I do the same to left thinking people who state something right-wing. It does seem a bit strange to me though.

Anyone else noticed this?
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#2New Post! Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:34:26
We don't reason to agree with it, we want to agree with it.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#3New Post! Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:46:22
@jmo Said

I find it somewhat interesting that some people who are left-wing or right-wing stick to the left-wing politics and ideas irrespective of anything else, similar to those who are right-wing. Ofcourse this could just be a coincidence, after all if someone is left-wing then their mindset is more likely to side with left-wing politics elsewhere, but I am beginning to suspect that this is not entirely the case.

I mean I see myself as quite left-wing, but there are a number of things I believe in which are normally supported or believed in by right-wing people. When having discussions about these particular issues with left minded people who don't know my general political viewpoints I am often startled with how quickly people jump on my and assume I am right-wing, support right-wing commentators and politicians etc.

Despite this I am sure I do the same to left thinking people who state something right-wing. It does seem a bit strange to me though.

Anyone else noticed this?

Are you trying to say that individual people are a little more complex than a label? Because I'd agree with you if that's the case.

I'm pretty liberal, when it comes to personal freedoms, but I'm also a huge supporter of the second amendment. I'm against animal testing for cosmetics and foodstuffs, but I'll happily eat an animal myself.

Is that the sort of stuff that you're talking about?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 28, 2009 @ 20:49:45
@boxerdc Said

Are you trying to say that individual people are a little more complex than a label? Because I'd agree with you if that's the case.

I'm pretty liberal, when it comes to personal freedoms, but I'm also a huge supporter of the second amendment. I'm against animal testing for cosmetics and foodstuffs, but I'll happily eat an animal myself.

Is that the sort of stuff that you're talking about?

Pretty much, I suppose I'm criticising the fact that people's first response is to put people into political compartments. I mean I think I do it myself, so I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, it just seems a bit sad that that is the first response.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Sep 30, 2009 @ 01:59:35
@jmo Said

Pretty much, I suppose I'm criticising the fact that people's first response is to put people into political compartments. I mean I think I do it myself, so I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, it just seems a bit sad that that is the first response.

Go away you pinko commie!

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs