PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
LOVE
December 29, 2017 @ 08:59:30 pm
Love is unconditional.

LOVE:

I doubt that I am the only one who has noticed that many discussions (agreements) on TFS are about the definition of terms.

The term love (for example) is used in many different ways. When I use the term in this post I am using it in a particular way.

The following definition of Love is not an absolute or universal. It only pertains to this particular post. We (I) could call it [L]. Actually I think I will.

[L] = [Love]

We (or I) often define terms as representing (symbolizing) that which they are not.

In this post the term [L] is the opposite of the term [fear].

I have just realized that I will have to define [fear] for the same reason I am defining [L]. I (in order to maintain some semblance of continuity) will define [fear] later in this post.

For now I will call use [F] to symbolize fear.

[L] = Love

[F] = Fear

[L] is the opposite of [F]

[L] is about [Other]

[L] is expressed as compassion toward, and caring about [Other]

Note: there is that which is [me]. There is that which is not [me] That which not me is other.

Definition: [L] is compassion toward and caring about that which is other than [ME].

[L] Expresses itself in terms of service and [value] to [other].

There is [Value]

There is [Awareness]

There is [Intention]

I will put terms that I will define later in [brackets] (assuming I do not lose interest)

[L] Is [awareness] expressing an [intention] to be caring, helpful, and useful to that which is [other] than [ME].

Drat! Defining [ME] may be difficult or impossible. Double Drat!!

[L] Is compassion, caring, service, value, being helpful and useful to that which is other than [ME].

Compassion, caring, service, value, being helpful and useful to that which is other than [ME] is the result of [Awareness] acting on a [L] based [Intent].

[L] Based [Intent] = fearless [Intent]

There is [Entropy]

There is [Consciousness]

[L] Is the nature of a low [entropy] [consciousness].

[L] Is given at the [being] level while [need] is negotiated at the [intellectual] level.

Note: Clearly this project has turned out to be overly ambitious. (If you have read this far; congratulations (have a cookie) but don’t bother reading any more). It will just be my usual rambling. I only continue so I can get the concept down before it fades.

After eEliminating high entropy [F], [ego] and [beliefs] what is left is low entropy being.

[L] Is low entropy being.

Self-[L] is [Narcissism]

Self-[L] is dysfunctional.

Not feeling negative about your-self is necessary and the first step to getting rid of [F].

Wheew!!

Quote | Reply

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:06:28 pm
Thus spoke Banana…

I hadda come back for thirds
I've just realized something late in life
This world can be bought and destroyed simply with money

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:08:18 pm
Thus spoke Banana...

For all of the religious hyperbole backing it up
It's not much more than a glitched pay2win game
An early access alpha title; glitch-filled and hiding an in-game shop

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:10:39 pm
EB: ....like asking what you can do for the people before you to show your appreciation for thier participation in life (nurturing) rather than worrying that they are out for your slice of the pie ('surviving' )

E: Yes, that is what I mean

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:18:33 pm
Thus spoke TZ…

...the other person. can see through you. not only like you as a friend, but can love you for who you are.

E: When you do not have to wear your mask with a person that person is your friend. A friend does not play mind games with you.

E: An enemy is a person who is attempting to harm you.

E: an acquaintance may be a friend or an enemy. An acquantance may be neither a friend nor an enemy but only someone you are know .

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:23:44 pm
@Erimitus Said

Thus spoke TZ…

...the other person. can see through you. not only like you as a friend, but can love you for who you are.

E: When you do not have to wear your mask with a person that person is your friend. A friend does not play mind games with you.

E: an acquaintance may be a friend or an enemy. An acquantance may be neither a friend nor an enemy but only someone you are know .

hence, love is unconditional.

Love (like grace) is something that is given unconditionally

Love is given to a loved one even when it is not returned.

Whether or not you are loved does not matter. What matters is that you love and love unconditionally.

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:29:33 pm
There is Love that is intellectual. A business deal.
There is true love which is unconditional
There is quality love. The lower the entropy (i.e., degree of disorder) the higher the quality of Love.

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 07:32:35 pm
The response to the OP has been underwhelming. Maybe the use of acronyms was not such a good idea. The attempted low entropy (i.e., low degree of disorder) seems to have resulted in high entropy (i.e., chaos)

alas....

twilitezone911

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 08:10:43 pm
@Erimitus Said

Thus spoke TZ…

an acquaintance or a friend will wear a mask, until he or she trust you to open to you. you have a stronger bond between you and he or she than a stranger.

a stranger is mostly like to friend or a foe. but a friend, you might trust before an acquaintance.

wearing a mask, is a self-mechanism to establish a trust letting someone in your circle.

Erimitus

New Post! December 30, 2017 @ 08:37:25 pm
@twilitezone911 Said

an acquaintance or a friend will wear a mask, until he or she trust you to open to you. you have a stronger bond between you and he or she than a stranger.

a stranger is mostly like to friend or a foe. but a friend, you might trust before an acquaintance.

wearing a mask, is a self-mechanism to establish a trust letting someone in your circle.

That is how I see it too.

Justpassing

New Post! December 31, 2017 @ 11:46:38 am
@Erimitus Said

[L] is the opposite of [F]

Can I correct you on this matey?

Some people think the opposite to love is Hate but that is incorrect.

Both are emotions that keep some sort of tie to the other. Like a rope between two people.. which they do not want to let go.

Even Fear keeps a bond between two people... just like hate.

It is when one (or both) decide to let go of the rope. When it becomes "I don't care or have no interest in the other person.

So the opposite to love is .... indifference.

Next time, can you make it a choc cookie?

Erimitus

New Post! December 31, 2017 @ 06:57:01 pm
@Justpassing Said

Both are emotions that keep some sort of tie to the other. Like a rope between two people.. which they do not want to let go.

It is when one (or both) decide to let go of the rope. When it becomes "I don't care or have no interest in the other person.

LOVE:

The term love is used in many different ways.

When I use the term (in this post) I am using it in a particular way.

This definition of Love is NOT an absolute or universal; it only pertains to this particular post.

[L] = [Love]

In this post the term [L] is the opposite of the term fear [F] .

[L] = Love

[F] = Fear

I am not arguing than you are not lexically correct.

Here in this post (and only in this post) [L] and [F] are a polarity.

I will define [F] in a later post.

Thank you for responding

Erimitus

New Post! December 31, 2017 @ 07:33:00 pm
@Justpassing Said

I paraphrase (not to change your meaning) but to explain how I understand what you mean. Where I am wrong (I hope) you will correct me.

GP: Love is NOT the opposite of Hate.

E: Lexically [Love] and [Hate] are antonyms.

GP: [Love] and [Hate] are emotions

E: Yes

E: Emotion is a feeling with a high degree of intensity.

GP: Love and Hate refer to a relationship between self and other than self.

E: That is how I understand it.

GP: Fear may refer to a relationship between self and other

E: The Term Fear (the way that I am using it) symbolizes the opposite of the term love.

GP: It is when one (or both) decide to let go of the rope. When it becomes "I don't care or have no interest in the other person.

GP: So the opposite to love is .... indifference.

E: Yes, in that context, indifference may be used as the opposite of love.

GP: Next time, can you make it a choc cookie?

Justpassing

New Post! January 01, 2018 @ 01:21:40 pm
@Erimitus Said

GP: Next time, can you make it a choc cookie?

WOW!!! Thank you.

I am struggling to see how F is the opposite of L.

L = caring for another

Yes, I get that.
It is about wanting the best for another.

And I assume that F is about oneself... fear of loss.. fear of not being in control etc etc.

It is about caring only for oneself... imagining that the'other'is going to let you down.

Erimitus

New Post! January 01, 2018 @ 11:00:03 pm
@Justpassing Said

WOW!!! Thank you.

I am struggling to see how F is the opposite of L.

L = caring for another

Yes, I get that.
It is about wanting the best for another.

And I assume that F is about oneself... fear of loss.. fear of not being in control etc etc.

It is about caring only for oneself... imagining that the'other'is going to let you down.

My intention is not to convince you of anything. Or persuade you to accept my point of view. Do NOT (at any point) believe me.

If you think that I am wrong, you are probably right.

JP: I am struggling to see how F is the opposite of L.

E: Try using [X] and [Y] instead of [L] and [F].

E: Try thinking outside the box.

E: I am having difficulty explaining what I mean by fear. Eric Burne in one of his Transactional analysis books described it as fear of intimacy. That is not exactly what I mean but I may help.

E: I am positive that you can understand (even if you do not agree). But I am not so sure I can explain. alas

Pages: 1 2 · >>
Quote | Reply