Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#1New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:18:11
For geeks only. All you cool people:

@Tar Said

If smeagol was killed, Sauron would never have known a hobbit had the Ring.

It is possible that, even if Bilbo would have killed Gollum when he encountered him in the Misty Mountains, that Saruman could have eventually discovered the location of The Ring when he held Gandalf prisoner in Orthanc.

Saruman was more powerful than Gandalf and aware of Gandalf's relationship with The Hobbits. Maybe some waterboarding would have loosened Gandalf's tongue a bit?

@Tar Said
Also remember that Smeagol, once escaping the goblin caves, followed the company to Laketown and ate some babies.

I don't recall Gollum ever going to Laketown. In FOTR, it tells that he eventually overcame his fear of the sun, moon and other creatures to pursue Bilbo and the dwarves but the trail was cold.

He then found his way to Shelob's lair, was caught by orcs and then brought to Sauron where he was tortured and gave away Bilbo and The Shire. Laketown was never mentioned in any of his travels. Possibly because Laketown wad destroyed by the time he left the Misty Mountains to pursue Bilbo and the ring.

@Tar Said
Its possible that if he were dead, a baby which he ate could have instead grown and become a great and powerful leader who would bring about the destruction of Sauron himself...

As far as eating babies goes, I do remember this passage from 'Shadows Of The Past'

Quote:
The wood was full of the rumor of him, dreadful tales even among beasts and birds. The Woodmen said that there was some new terror abroad, a ghost that drank blood. It climbed trees to find nests, it crept into holes to find the young, it slipped through windows to find cradles.

Could you have found any Woodmen brave enough to go to Mordor to destroy the ring? Seeing that was the only way to truly bring about the destruction of Sauron.

I personally prefer Gollum's role in the stories much better.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:48:59
I have a question...

Do Ents get morning wood?
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#3New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:56:42
@psycoskunk Said

I have a question...

Do Ents get morning wood?

Not if they had one too many Ent draughts the night before.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#4New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:57:02
Serious question though. I never really could tell the difference between the orcs and the Uruk-hai. I know they're supposed to be a stronger breed of orc, but really that's just an orc warchief or something.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#5New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:57:51
@Gollum Said

Not if they had one too many Ent draughts the night before.

I see. I thought you would've made a joke about butt rot, but hat makes sense I guess.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#6New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 07:03:49
@psycoskunk Said

I see. I thought you would've made a joke about butt rot, but hat makes sense I guess.

Actually it doesn't because Ent draughts were nothing more than nourishment for the Ents.

So I guess it would make more sense to say that Ents only get morning wood if they had one too many Ent draughts the night before.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#7New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 07:08:14
@psycoskunk Said

Serious question though. I never really could tell the difference between the orcs and the Uruk-hai. I know they're supposed to be a stronger breed of orc, but really that's just an orc warchief or something.

Great Orcs... The fighting Uruk-hai
Half-orcs.... Foul creatures bred by Saruman
Mordor-orcs.... The Orcs that served the Red Eye
Orcs... Warring servants of the Dark Lords
Orcs of Mordor... Servants of the Red Eye
Orcs of the Misty Mountains... Creatures of cavern and pass
Orcs of the Mountains... The large goblins of the Misty Mountains
Orcs of the Red Eye.... The servants of Sauron
War of the Dwarves and the Orcs The great underground conflict following the death of Thrór

The Encyclopedia Of Arda's got some pretty good info...

https://www.glyphweb.com/arda/raceorcs.html
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#8New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 07:22:27
Where are all the pictures of Arwin in the nude?
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 09:31:43
I've never seen or read LOTR, although my Mum did get me the DVDs. I feel I should read the books first though.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#10New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 17:48:39
@Gollum Said

Mordor-orcs.... The Orcs that served the Red Eye
Orcs of Mordor... Servants of the Red Eye
Orcs of the Misty Mountains... Creatures of cavern and pass
Orcs of the Mountains... The large goblins of the Misty Mountains
Orcs of the Red Eye.... The servants of Sauron

The Encyclopedia Of Arda's got some pretty good info...

https://www.glyphweb.com/arda/raceorcs.html

Ummm... shouldn't Morder-orcs/Orcs of Mordor/Orcs of the Red Eye be the same thing? It says some of them served while others are servants, but that doesn't really merit much difference, right? So doesn't that mean all Orcs of the Red Eye are Mordor-Orcs of Mordor? Same thing with the Orcs of the Mountains and Misty Mountains, unless it's supposed to be region-specific.

I only ask this because I was only able to get through 3/5ths of The Fellowship before stuff like this kind of started to blur together and I couldn't focus on just reading the book.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 17:59:52
Even if Gollum was killed, all the Bagginses had to do was keep wearing the ring from time to time, like they were, and Sauron and the Ringwraiths would have eventually found the location of it. That's my two cents.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#12New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 18:04:29
@Leon Said

Even if Gollum was killed, all the Bagginses had to do was keep wearing the ring from time to time, like they were, and Sauron and the Ringwraiths would have eventually found the location of it. That's my two cents.

Also, being hunted by dark forces constantly and having your very being corrupted just so you can have the power of invisibility? I ever understood that. Doesn't seem like a fair trade.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs