LOL Wtf just happened?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#1New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:20:19
Apparently, somehow, she's still offended for whatever reason...

jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:22:50
Offended? More like confused by your pointless attack and then contradictory statement.
Logical Alien

#3New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:23:55
@jonnythan Said

Offended? More like confused by your pointless attack and then contradictory statement.

I didn't attack her, Jonnythan. Contradictory statement? Explain.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:26:04
I took it as an attack, and I'm sure she did too. You spoke in a somewhat insulting and dismissive way about something she likes to do. Then you backed away from it by saying you weren't being negative.
NeonNerd On July 26, 2012

Neonville, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:26:18
I am somewhat confused reading the picture. I could be wrong but I don't see the person taking offence to your posts.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:29:20
No, she didn't take offense. More like exiting the discussion gracefully.
Logical Alien

#7New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:31:23
@jonnythan Said

I took it as an attack, and I'm sure she did too. You spoke in a somewhat insulting and dismissive way about something she likes to do. Then you backed away from it by saying you weren't being negative.

My intentions were not to attack her over a trivial matter, I was merely explaining to her what the word 'artificial' meant. I spoke in an insulting and dismissive way? I was speaking nicely and logically, I was not telling her that artificial tanning was bad, not at all. I had to back away and explain that I was not being negative because from her post I read, " This b**** probably thinks it's bad for my skin, that's why she's even discussing this". I did not want her to feel that way at all.

As for me assuming she still took insult after I assured her I was not being negative, when a woman (especially her) says kay, that usually a b****y term meaning, "f*** off".
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:33:52
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

My intentions were not to attack her over a trivial matter, I was merely explaining to her what the word 'artificial' meant. I spoke in an insulting and dismissive way? I was speaking nicely and logically, I was not telling her that artificial tanning was bad, not at all. I had to back away and explain that I was not being negative because from her post I read, " This b**** probably thinks it's bad for my skin, that's why she's even discussing this". I did not want her to feel that way at all.

As for me assuming she still took insult after I assured her I was not being negative, when a woman (especially her) says kay, that usually a b****y term meaning, "f*** off".

Not to bee too confrontational, but I don't care what you think. I don't mean that in a mean way. I just mean I have no interest in your "side" or whatever.

You asked why she reacted the way she did, and I told you what I thought. That's how I read the conversation. You were aggressive, which made her get defensive, and then you backed off your aggressive tone. She was confused by your turnaround and still defensive, so instead of continuing the conversation in a confrontational manner she backed off and let it go.

BTW, the fact that you just said "this b****" tells me that your confrontational and aggressive initial tone was not a mistake.
TaraLovesLiam On March 02, 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
#9New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:38:25
My little sister can be the same and I put it down to her being on her period.I hate that you can't have a conversation with someone without them getting b****y.
Logical Alien

#10New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:39:57
@jonnythan Said

BTW, the fact that you just said "this b****" tells me that your confrontational and aggressive initial tone was not a mistake.

Are you serious? I was merely assuming how in her mind she probably thought of my replies. I was not confrontational or aggressive, you just want to assume I was.

#11New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:46:46
I do have a question, where is the status post and are there other comments previously to what you screen printed? I don't usually trust things which only show half a story and inadvertently or not this is the case with your screen print.
Logical Alien

#12New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 16:56:04
@NeonNerd Said

I do have a question, where is the status post and are there other comments previously to what you screen printed? I don't usually trust things which only show half a story and inadvertently or not this is the case with your screen print.

#13New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 17:03:08
I still don't see her getting offended
Logical Alien

#14New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 17:13:23
Are you male or female Neon?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#15New Post! Mar 13, 2012 @ 17:16:57
Let's get some tanning education.

Artificial tanning...that is when dihydroxyacetone also known in the tanning industry as DHA is applied to the skin.The most two common types are over the counter self tanners and spray tanning. Its artificial tanning because there is no UVA or UVB exposure to the skin. The skin achieves a "tan" due to the DHA reacting chemically to the amino acids in your skin.

Tanning in a tanning bed is NOT artificial tanning because you are exposing your body to UVA and UVB. You are exposing your skin to the same as what the sun has, just in a man made source. In a tanning bed,you tan the same way the sun tans you. When your skin is exposed to UVA and UVB, it increases your melanin production. This increases the color of your skin thus seeing a tan effect.

So tanning is a bed is the SAME as tanning outside.

However, this girl should not be tanning. I see she has made a comment about burning in a bed. I want to scream right now. You should never ever burn inside or outside and if she is burning, she needs to cut back her time in the beds. Burning is not good.

I do want to applaud you for the comment about skin cancer. I know many fools who think skin cancer happens when you tan in a bed but these same fools go out in the sun for hours at a time and burn whereas in a bed, its small exposure time and you can control if you are getting more UVA or UVB and you can't do that in the sun.

Its tiring when people are uneducated and spend their hours in the sun but think tanning in a bed is so much worse.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs