Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Kids Understand the News

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Change_is_Possible On December 21, 2018

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 22:43:16
I want this post to show how I feel about how kids react to the news that they hear. Adults think that because we are young we don't understand the thing we hear, but we do. When I hear all of these things about Muslims I think that they are all being grouped together because of a small percentage. The majority of Muslims are not terrorists,but normal people. I have had the pleasure of living in a country (Egypt) where the majority are Muslim and they are hospitable and enjoy having others around. I also believe that people should be judged by themselves and what they have done instead of by a small percentage. That is a 13-year-old girl's view on Muslims. Sincerely, E
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 23:30:41
@Change_is_Possible Said

I want this post to show how I feel about how kids react to the news that they hear. Adults think that because we are young we don't understand the thing we hear, but we do. When I hear all of these things about Muslims I think that they are all being grouped together because of a small percentage. The majority of Muslims are not terrorists,but normal people. I have had the pleasure of living in a country (Egypt) where the majority are Muslim and they are hospitable and enjoy having others around. I also believe that people should be judged by themselves and what they have done instead of by a small percentage. That is a 13-year-old girl's view on Muslims. Sincerely, E

Very mature and insightful of you. Thanks.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#3New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 00:55:52
I've always thought that children are simply less experienced adults, not dumber adults. Attempting to explain the finer points of astrophysics to a lumberjack is no different then attempting to explain it to a child. In both instances, it is their experience and knowledge base that is lacking not their mental acuity.
Change_is_Possible On December 21, 2018

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 00:58:20
@chaski Said

Very mature and insightful of you. Thanks.

@nooneinparticular Said

I've always thought that children are simply less experienced adults, not dumber adults. Attempting to explain the finer points of astrophysics to a lumberjack is no different then attempting to explain it to a child. In both instances, it is their experience and knowledge base that is lacking not their mental acuity.

I am aware of that, but the adults I have expierienced do think that way.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 01:09:57
@Change_is_Possible Said

Yes.

Adults tend to think that the young are dumb. Its been this way throughout history. The best that you can do is try not to have this attitude when you are an adult.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#6New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 01:13:10
@Change_is_Possible Said

Oh, I'm well aware. I passionately despised that particular line of thinking myself as a kid and that didn't change afterwards, and from my own experiences I'd say that it is sadly common.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#7New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 01:37:44
Oh hey a social media user under the age of 25!!

Let's get a fire started here.

Merry Christmas everyone.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#8New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 01:47:56
When I was young I hated the news. Now that I'm older, I appreciate it for it's value. Unfortunately, today the news is focused on ratings, and they often oversee common decency or morals. Race cards, misleading headlines and information are just the tip of the iceberg.

On another note, you have a very mature point of view for your age.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs