The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Kerry quote misrepresented, here is the entire quote

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#1New Post! Oct 11, 2004 @ 14:47:51
The bus***es will be releasing a new commercial. it will contain another quote that is misrepresented. It is similar to the Swiftboat Vets for Truth(losers) misquote of Kerry during the vietnam era tv interview.

If this kinda crap is all that bush has, he will get to take a break from the "hard work" and get some more vacation time in before he loses.

Quote:
''We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance,'' the article states as the Massachusetts senator's reply.

''As a former law enforcement person, I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life.''

https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/bush.kerry.terror/index.html
panetti On February 17, 2005

Little Rock, Arkansas
#2New Post! Oct 11, 2004 @ 16:18:14
I read a little about this too. Indeed, if this is the case (and so far it looks to be), that'll be a bad move for the Bush campaign. It looks like the "quote" is an arguably loose paraphrase as opposed to the direct quote it's implied to be. Definately not the best strategic move the campaign could've made.

Definately not the time to be making screw ups, that's for sure. It looks like both campaigns have had some hiccups over the past week or two though. Kerry also released an ad that misstates information (I'll post that thread shortly).
brandonmacdonald On October 15, 2004

#3New Post! Oct 11, 2004 @ 22:08:06
Too bad I'm sure this'll be about 80th page news by monday and whatever f***ing coffee-creamers Kerry flip flopped between Sunday morning will be riding high atop the CNN's and Foxes nationwide...
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#4New Post! Oct 11, 2004 @ 23:14:11
now don't slight the power of cream to determine the implicit presidential prowess. This is a morning routine issue, so flip-flops may indeed present a clear picture of Kerry.
brandonmacdonald On October 15, 2004

#5New Post! Oct 14, 2004 @ 00:47:05
The awesomely ignorant thing about Bush is that rest assured, he mentions this quote in the debate tonight and calls Kerry out on it knowing that it is a misrepresentation of the facts.

Not that they should matter a second to Bush, who has never really seemed to have a problem with lying through a straight face, and often through one that's grinning slyly.

This is hilarious. Already mentioned, but... what the hell, it's debate night:

"I own a lumber company?" the jackass asks. "That's news to me."

Well, there, President-enator, it appears you're an idiot.

This from Factcheck.org:

President Bush himself would have qualified as a ?small business owner? under the Republican definition, based on his 2001 federal income tax returns. He reported $84 of business income from his part ownership of a timber-growing enterprise. However, 99.99% of Bush?s total income came from other sources that year. (Bush also qualified as a ?small business owner? in 2000 based on $314 of ?business income,? but not in 2002 and 2003 when he reported his timber income as ?royalties? on a different tax schedule.)

Lies big, lies small, and then keeps telling it after he knows it's false, so Kerry has to explain it away instead of Bush just owning up to his mistakeslies and moving forward.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs